Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
'Tis the week before Christmas, and all through the net,
Tesla owners are checking - Car updated yet?

Little patience have we, yet long is our wait
For features long promised, but such is our fate.
Yes Two Weeks have passed - again and again,
But fixes are coming, I'm sure by year end!

Now the rollout has started, online is the cry,
Release notes to read as I watch TeslaFi.
My network is humming and charging complete,
I think, surely next is my turn in the fleet!

The wife rolls her eyes and finally snaps,
Clear the dishes right now and stop checking that app!
I tell her how crucial these are, the improvements I share,
She nods as I speak, but little she cares.

On Parking! On Light-Show! Alt-Routing, Lane-Change!
Dashcam and Pillar, Goat screaming and Games!
So I run to the Forum, to seek friendship there,
Downloads to track and excitement to share!

But find little online, in page after page,
Dry-wipes and phantoms, and Recall outrage.
No matter to me, I'm determined to love
This Holiday Update - or a bug-fix thereof...

Awaiting the update I bid you good cheer,
Safe driving for Christmas, v12 soon next year!
Good fortune for TSLA, we'll talk more online,
May your download come soon (but no sooner than mine).
👏

Just installing 2023.44.30.4. on my March 2023 HW4 MSP. Guess the different builds (.2,.3,.4) are because of different cars hardware? Regardless, it’s all fun…Merry Christmas 🌲😀
Merry Christmas!

And if this is a quieter time of year for you, enjoy exploring all the features of the update!

(It is too busy a time for me to take time for updates so I put mine off for as long as possible in order to not resent the car's demands on my time, but I remember in 2020 when things were dead on Dec. 25 and 26th being happy to have the car to play with.)

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 11.31.35 PM.png

Also very cool for them to send me an e-mail that the holiday update is out and ready, even though it still hasn't been pushed to my car. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I installed 2023.44.30.2 the other day. I like 3D park assist but it decided to add a car and parking spot that doesn't exist(red circle), lol. There are only 3 spots and im in the middle. When I left the next morning it was gone but decided to add the 4th parking spot with car on the right where there is a wall. As soon as I moved it fix it on its own. The only real issue I found so far is auto wipers is broken for me. It worked fine the night before during the heavy rains but after the update it seems to not work as well. First time Iv owned the car I had to manually have them run faster. I haven't tried FSDb yet.

1703145484469.png

Interesting that it managed to add an entire car that doesn't exist when they said it's not using pre-computed objects and is looking at what's actually there. Sounds like the way they claim it works isn't entirely true.
It uses object persistence for areas not currently visible to the cameras, so likely there was a car there earlier.

Interesting that it managed to add an entire car that doesn't exist when they said it's not using pre-computed objects and is looking at what's actually there. Sounds like the way they claim it works isn't entirely true.
It obviously uses extrapolation from what it can see or every wall with an object in front of it would have a hole in it like a shadow, and cars would all be hollow with no back side to them.

My guess is the car on the right of the Tesla (or the Tesla itself) got reflected on the glass of the car to the left and the car thought it could see another car behind the first.

The accuracy of the model seems to improve a lot when moving about a bit so the cameras get shifting perspectives on the world.

Reactions: ArchHamster
I installed 2023.44.30.2 the other day. I like 3D park assist but it decided to add a car and parking spot that doesn't exist(red circle), lol. There are only 3 spots and im in the middle. When I left the next morning it was gone but decided to add the 4th parking spot with car on the right where there is a wall. As soon as I moved it fix it on its own. The only real issue I found so far is auto wipers is broken for me. It worked fine the night before during the heavy rains but after the update it seems to not work as well. First time Iv owned the car I had to manually have them run faster. I haven't tried FSDb yet.

View attachment 1001673
Likely misinterpreting reflections off the car next to you. My MY did the same thing when parked next to my M3 at night. If I pulled the car forward a bit, the phantom vehicle went away.

Reactions: ArchHamster
Looks like the rollout has paused. TeslaFi not showing any updates going out recently.
I was offered the .2 revision all day yesterday for 2019 M3. I drove 3 1/2 hours, stopping at several different work locations. Each time I parked, I was offered the update and I declined. Then I got home and plugged in and was ready to apply the update… But it was gone. And I’m still not being offered it today.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: JB47394 and jebinc
It uses object persistence for areas not currently visible to the cameras, so likely there was a car there earlier.
On the left Its not possible for a car to park there since there is a curb and walkway. There is a parking spot(single stall) past that but they do not own a car so a car has never been there since I have owned my Tesla. On the right its also a walk way but there is a wall that blocks the view of it.