Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you happy with AP 2.0/ Autosteer?

• Very happy

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • Somewhat Happy

Votes: 54 27.7%
  • Neutral

Votes: 26 13.3%
  • Somewhat Unhappy

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • Very unhappy...this thing is dangerous in its current form

Votes: 36 18.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While it's disappointing that we're now 9 months past when Tesla first promised to have AP2 running at AP1 level (by the end of December last year), they are making slow progress.

No, they promised to have ENHANCED autopilot completed by December 2016, not parity alone. When I ordered in 2016, "enhanced" autopilot was supposedly COMPLETING FINAL VALIDATION. Which is basically the complete opposite of realizing in December 2016 that they hadn't even started yet. I don't know how much more fraudulent it can get.

even if not a traffic jam, simply having another car to follow helps AP quite it bit. try that. but turns of a certain tight radius will require manual control. although the AP turn radius that it can handle is getting tighter and tighter as time goes by.

• Funny
Reactions: Swift and NerdUno
No, they promised to have ENHANCED autopilot completed by December 2016, not parity alone. When I ordered in 2016, "enhanced" autopilot was supposedly COMPLETING FINAL VALIDATION. Which is basically the complete opposite of realizing in December 2016 that they hadn't even started yet. I don't know how much more fraudulent it can get.
I'm glad you said that, it confirms I'm not confused about it as that's what I recall, and I damn near pulled the trigger in Dec. Remember they were also threatening to remove free supercharging at that time (later extended it some), so I was checking on loans and figuring out how I could trade. But in the end I decided to wait-and-see. Tesla is definitely a car you should only buy if the current-as-its-coming-off-the-line-right-now vehicle does everything you want.

• Love
Reactions: croman and NerdUno

Well, I wouldn't say they hadn't started in December 2016... they did have the limited distribution limited version out sometime around that, though of course nowhere near AP1 parity, let alone anywhere near EAP... so I guess Tesla started work on EAP somewhere during 2016 when it became obvious the plan to include EyeQ3 would not happen...

Indeed, what was promised was a singular update that would do all this...

Tesla-enhanced-autopilot-upgrade.jpg

Last edited:
Drove in the same lane on the 91 westbound by Green River Road just after 9 PM on 9/30. No sudden unexpected lane change. Version 2017-38 seems improved, yet has a few anomalies if the road markings are confusing. I was pleased with the results and IMHO feel as if AP2 has returned to normal. Only a few weaves noted at one spot.

I wonder if Tesla uses the direction we are applying pressure to the steering wheel as input? Seemed to skip trying the offramp if I was applying a slight downward pressure on the left side of the wheel.

One major positive comment. I can trust AP2 fully during my drive on some turns that I couldn't trust AP1 back in 2016. Hopefully AP1 has the same turning improvements that AP2 definitely has.

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't say they hadn't started in December 2016... they did have the limited distribution limited version out sometime around that, though of course nowhere near AP1 parity, let alone anywhere near EAP... so I guess Tesla started work on EAP somewhere during 2016 when it became obvious the plan to include EyeQ3 would not happen...

Indeed, what was promised was a singular update that would do all this...

Tesla-enhanced-autopilot-upgrade.jpg
Yea, you are right, this should have been one single update. Now it says the rollout has begun and they will add more features as validation is completed.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-01 um 17.03.00.png

But is doesn't say which features are available already and which aren't. People not looking at forums, or talking to other AP2 owners, might expect way more than what they actually get. I'm actually surprised that there aren't more people complaining.

Reactions: Swift and NerdUno