Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was fearing that might be the case, I was almost tempted to go with White to see if my EDD would be sooner. I didn't want to settle so I bit the bullet in hopes that they don't forget us RedGang lol.

I forgot to add that I did get the MYLR, no tow, FSD, so maybe that's the reason for our different EDDs?

Yes, FSD is pure profit for Tesla (a software yes/no check-box). And if you have a busy DC, then it makes since that you'd have a date. Congrats!

Definitely don't settle. Red/white should look awesome. But so far, I've never seen one in person. I plan on doing chrome delete; so my exterior will be red/black -- and possibly replacing the red hood with a black hood.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton

I did switch from lease to purchase on 7/9, but before I made the switch I contacted my SA to ask whether it would delay my delivery or move me down the queue and she said "no" (copy/paste her response is below). Also, my Purchase Order Agreement still indicates an order date of 5/6/2021.

"Changing to Purchase:
  1. will not change your delivery date
  2. It will keep your original price
As long as you keep the same color, interior, etc. Price stays."
What is your EDD now? I was promised something similar. I was selling my car to tesla and after 30 days I had to re-evaluate my car and called in telling them I would just sell my car on my own. They said nothing would change on my end if I did that. I ordered 5/16 with same specs and my EDD changed right away. Now Im at 10/2-10/22. I called in and depending on who I talk to Im either getting my car by the end of the month or in October.

EDD still holding at 9/5 - 9/25. Pretty big window but it's been holding there for a week or two now. Assuming I'll be an EOQ push, for sure. I asked about changing from Induction to Gemini because I like the look with the Aero caps off. But they told me ANY changes would likely result in a delay. Kind of a bummer but I'm not gonna switch it, at this point.

What is your EDD now? I was promised something similar. I was selling my car to tesla and after 30 days I had to re-evaluate my car and called in telling them I would just sell my car on my own. They said nothing would change on my end if I did that. I ordered 5/16 with same specs and my EDD changed right away. Now Im at 10/2-10/22. I called in and depending on who I talk to Im either getting my car by the end of the month or in October.
My EDD changed this morning from end of September to 10/9-10/29.

EDD still holding at 9/5 - 9/25. Pretty big window but it's been holding there for a week or two now. Assuming I'll be an EOQ push, for sure. I asked about changing from Induction to Gemini because I like the look with the Aero caps off. But they told me ANY changes would likely result in a delay. Kind of a bummer but I'm not gonna switch it, at this point.
My EDD is at 9/24-9/30 now and I am hanging on by a thread to an EOQ delivery. I know it’s wishful thinking but I still hope to get the car in this quarter.

Reactions: LSJR
Mine has been steady for a bit, we’ll see how this goes..
Order date: 7/17/2021

7/17-8/4October
8/49/21-9/30
8/5-8/7No Date
8/8October
8/9October
8/109/29-9/30
8/119/29-9/30
8/129/29-9/30
8/1310/11-10/31
8/1410/06-10/26
8/1510/06-10/26
8/16 - 30 days10/06-10/26
8/1710/06-10/26
8/1810/06-10/26
8/1910/12-11/01
8/2010/12-11/01
8/2110/12-11/01
8/2210/12-11/01
8/2310/12-11/01
8/2410/12-11/01
8/2510/12-11/01

And you would have to pay the increased cost of the Y. So you'd be saving on the wheels, but it would end up costing the same because of the $2k price increase. Probably better off buying some after you get the car and selling the inductions.

Reactions: LSJR and OCJeff
I'm very happy for you that you have an actual date. My colors are the same as yours, but my EDD has either been blank or has said "December" since my OD. This seems to be an EOQ generic place holder for me -- probably because my DC is Stockton.

For folks that want their car faster, chose a busy DC. My mistake... My guess is that trucks are loaded to go to a DC; and since Stockton isn't busy it is taking awhile to allocate a full truckload. So I'm stuck in limbo with a generic EOQ month and am not even on the EDD roller coaster yet...

The good news is that I saw a truck filled with Model Y's yesterday heading south on I-5; and one of them was red. So at least Fremont hasn't forgotten to keep making red cars. :) The various drone fly-overs of Fremont aren't showing a lot of red ones in the loading lot so I was getting worried until I saw the truck yesterday.

In looking at the flyovers of the Fremont truck loading lot, they line-up cars in lanes. When the lane is full, a truck comes, loads, and leaves. Does anyone know which lane is Stockton? Or is the lane assignment not that rigid?

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton
I'll probably regret asking this because it will add to my obsession, but where are you finding drone flyovers of Fremont?

And you would have to pay the increased cost of the Y. So you'd be saving on the wheels, but it would end up costing the same because of the $2k price increase. Probably better off buying some after you get the car and selling the inductions.

Seriously? To change the tires, I'd pay the *current* cost of the Y? I didn't know that! That's crazy. Thanks! Maybe I'll use the "saved" money for the replacement wheels if they really wear out as quickly as people are saying. HA!

I need to stop obsessing. Been waiting this long then seeing folks ordered later than me getting VINs and an delivery is just not helping. On 8/16, my SA said the Fremont factory is ramping up the CA orders but 1 week later my EDD got pushed to 9/2-9/22. Before that, I was at 8/16-9/11….☹️. The 9/2-9/22 date has been holding for 1.5 weeks. Still no VIN.

Attachments

• 309C49F5-C50E-4100-8D71-4DB40FD04138.jpeg
    309C49F5-C50E-4100-8D71-4DB40FD04138.jpeg
    405.1 KB · Views: 63
Seriously? To change the tires, I'd pay the *current* cost of the Y? I didn't know that! That's crazy. Thanks! Maybe I'll use the "saved" money for the replacement wheels if they really wear out as quickly as people are saying. HA!
Yes, it's crazy. Any change to design changes it to current price. So for me to change to induction wheels would be a $4k price increase. I haven't looked but there's probably a forum on here for people changing wheels.

Reactions: LSJR
I need to stop obsessing. Been waiting this long then seeing folks ordered later than me getting VINs and an delivery is just not helping. On 8/16, my SA said the Fremont factory is ramping up the CA orders but 1 week later my EDD got pushed to 9/2-9/22. Before that, I was at 8/16-9/11….☹️. The 9/2-9/22 date has been holding for 1.5 weeks. Still no VIN.
You and I are in similar EDD and OD. My OD was 05/28 (Bay Area also - Dublin) and my EDD range has been holding steady between 9/4 - 9/24. Fingers crossed 🤞 for both of us!

Reactions: PB FUTED