Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD 9/8-9/11. I don't currently have a car and want to purchase Tesla Insurance (best quote i've received), but it won't let me purchase until i have a delivery date scheduled. However I received and email (probably automated) saying i need to complete the insurance section to "prioritize" delivery :rolleyes:

anyone know if i really need to do the insurance step to schedule delivery.. i'm ready to hit the Purchase tesla insurance button... but so far I can't...

Even with this I'm excited!!!!

EDD 9/8-9/11. I don't currently have a car and want to purchase Tesla Insurance (best quote i've received), but it won't let me purchase until i have a delivery date scheduled. However I received and email (probably automated) saying i need to complete the insurance section to "prioritize" delivery :rolleyes:

anyone know if i really need to do the insurance step to schedule delivery.. i'm ready to hit the Purchase tesla insurance button... but so far I can't...

Even with this I'm excited!!!!
If you have any auto insurance (for other vehicles) then just upload a copy of that. Switch to Tesla once it becomes available.

Not sure. I’m in the Bay Area so I’m picking up at the factory
I contacted MDR and they also said the same thing. They are doing only contact-less delivery, which makes it harder to refuse delivery. So, someone will drop off the car and leave. All the paperwork to sign will be in the car and the customer will need to FedEx using a prepaid provided envelope. Delivery acceptance will be via the app. I suppose if there is any issues (major ones), then you can leave the car at home and call Tesla.

I live in Sacramento and my assigned SA is in Rocklin, but I am picking up in Fremont (dropping my old car off to a family member in the Bay Area so thought it made sense to do a Bay Area pick up). Thoughts on if this will be an issue or cause confusion? Is the assigned SA the one who does the pick up process?

I live in Sacramento and my assigned SA is in Rocklin, but I am picking up in Fremont (dropping my old car off to a family member in the Bay Area so thought it made sense to do a Bay Area pick up). Thoughts on if this will be an issue or cause confusion? Is the assigned SA the one who does the pick up process?
I was told by my assign SA and the Texas customer service person (510)249-3100 the pick up is confirmed in person at Factory. Yes, my assigned SA will be meeting me there for the hand off.

Reactions: OCJeff
I contacted MDR and they also said the same thing. They are doing only contact-less delivery, which makes it harder to refuse delivery. So, someone will drop off the car and leave. All the paperwork to sign will be in the car and the customer will need to FedEx using a prepaid provided envelope. Delivery acceptance will be via the app. I suppose if there is any issues (major ones), then you can leave the car at home and call Tesla.

They are starting to get me excited, playing with those EDD's. I just checked and it's my earliest yet, with the first time October being mentioned for me!

Estimated Delivery: October 31 - November 20

I don't expect it to hold, but I'll take it for now. :)
I went to the service center last Saturday and asked why no one was responding to me. I told them I had been waiting 98 days since my 5/31 order and surely a car had to be right around the corner. They gave me a soft date of 9/18 and I told them I was ready for delivery then and there. Guess what, the next day the SA called with an inventory car that was blue with 20" tires. The order was white, black interior, 19" wheels, no tow and nothing extra. They said I only had to pay for the upgrades and the base price was the one from May. I said yes and the next day they called and said the blue one was no longer available but they had a white one with 20" wheels with only 15 miles on it. Again, all I had to pay was for the upgraded wheels and my base price was the same as what I had in May. So I accepted that and got my VIN on Monday. I just finished my paper work today which was so easy. The MYLR is being delivered tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow I will be putting on my accessories and riding high. Once you get a VIN things go real smooth and you get great with the service from Tesla with phone calls and several e-mails from them. The wait is finally over.