Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! This sounds like your profile may not be complete. Do you have any outstanding information to upload for a trade in or financing? Or are you waiting for approval/response from Tesla on either of those items? Usually the Prepare for Delivery thing pops up when something on your account has been resubmitted to Tesla. If all info has been submitted to them, you should see an update soon for accepting the trade in or financing terms. Something isn’t right if your order is still outstanding from December 2019! Have you tried calling your local service center?
@AliceBruce Welcome to the forums. Seems pretty late in the game to be questioning what’s going on. Your order is on the verge of two years old.

Check with Tesla chat.

Same exact EDD here. Let’s see some white interiors!!! (and some VINs!!!)

Yes. White interior seems to be in short supply. And my EDD has now changed to "January". My graph (based on OCJeff's style) shows my heartache this week. 😢

So after 6 weeks, my EDD has only moved 11 days (153 - 142 = 11). The only positive is that I will definitely be receiving a 2022 car (starting in October or January this time?) . And it might get wood door trim and it might get a 12V lithium battery.

So if you want a car quickly, order a MYP with a black interior; and choose a busy DC or home delivery.

1631409195513.png

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Reactions: OCJeff and DZMY
MY here!!! She’s a Stunna!! 🤩 Flossin! I am thinking the only problem found is user error.
Cannot play games, change radio etc when charging and the door is closed. The screen shows a charging display unless the door is slightly opened?

Awesome! Congrats! Did you figure out this issue? It would be weird if you can't use the screen when chilling at a Supercharger. I haven't tried charging on my test drives, hmmm.

Any other surprises? (good or not so good)

How does she drive? Need I ask... ;)

• Love
Reactions: Suhleese
Yes. White interior seems to be in short supply. And my EDD has now changed to "January". My graph (based on OCJeff's style) shows my heartache this week. 😢

So after 6 weeks, my EDD has only moved 11 days (153 - 142 = 11). The only positive is that I will definitely be receiving a 2022 car (starting in October or January this time?) . And it might get wood door trim and it might get a 12V lithium battery.

So if you want a car quickly, order a MYP with a black interior; and choose a busy DC or home delivery.

View attachment 708281

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
Interesting, you may be onto something with the white interior. I ordered a month before you and have an EDD a month before you. I can commiserate with you!

Reactions: e645824
MYLR | Blue | 20” wheels | w/Tow Hitch | Black | 7 seat | Order Date 7/25

EDDs:
10/22 - 11/11
10/27 - 11/16
10/29 - 11/18
General January
11/19 - 12/9
then on Friday it updated to 9/20-9/30 (no VIN)

I realize this will likely change to a more realistic date, but I’m putting early delivery vibes out to there, just in case. I’m ready to be 100% electric in our household.

Since Fremont appears to be producing front single-casts and rear single-casts, it will be interesting to see if any cars as part of this EOQ push have front AND rear casts (or possibly a megacast). I'm wondering if the castings piling up outside of Fremont are awaiting the 2022 model version (starting October?)

So for folks getting delivery in September, please look to see what castings you receive.

Thanks,

Scott

--

EDD: January (December, then 12/21-1/10)

As reported here:
“The Model Y made here and in Berlin will have a cast front body and a cast rear body,” Musk said. The Fremont-based Model Y carries a “cast rear body, but not a cast front body,” Musk said.
https://www.repairerdrivennews.com/...ture-will-differ-between-calif-tex-factories/

And yet, front casts have been reported here:
The Model Y’s front megacasts in the Fremont Factory were spotted by drone operator and electric vehicle advocate Gabeincal, who has been chronicling the progress of Tesla’s facilities in the area for several months now. Based on footage captured of the site, the Model Y front megacasts are currently being kept on one section of the facility. It remains to be seen if these megacasts will be used for customer vehicles, or if they were simply part of a trial production run.
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-y-front-megacast-fremont-video/

As of Aug 26, 2021, castings were still there (12:39 in the video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L20EBfX_T28

Reactions: Naija King
From a recent Fremont flyover, here is some proof that red cars with white interiors actually do exist. Unclear if these are 3's or Y's. Now, I just have to wait 141 more days before I actual receive mine...

Aug 26, 2021 (starting at 3:13 in the video). I count a dozen red+white as the drone flies around:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L20EBfX_T28

Scott

--