Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called Corte Madera (where i placed my order) to get a temp check—I don't have a VIN but my EDD jumped back to 28th-13th last week.

They transferred me to sales in Colma ?? where apparently I was scheduled to pick up ?? which is def not the case.

The SA was kind of helpful, told me that my car is slated to leave the factory in the next week—I asked him if that meant it hadn't been built and he said not necessarily, that it might be an earlier build but that for a lot of CA deliveries, they hold at the factory as long as possible. So that might explain why a lot of our local CA lots are empty vs. lots on the east coast and midwest being chock full and starting to deliver to clear them out. Who knows.

Reactions: phayze one
Nice! Are you in the valley? I'm by Granada Hills...picking up in Burbank. You?
More nearer to the county line then deep inside 818 ... I assumed I would be picking up as that is what was told to me at the Tesla store when I ordered ... but I am receiving a delivery ... no questions asked here ... in my account it said to be available at home between 9-6 ... and if i wanted the tesla dropped off in front of the house or in the driveway (I said driveway) ...

Drove by the Carlsbad lot and did not see many MY in front other than the test drive ones. On the sides, i saw maybe a handful of people looking like they were inspecting their vehicles with a security guard sitting on the curb. Did not seem very busy, but that was 2 hours ago.
The MY’s are around back and inside. It is not like they are over flowing.

Reactions: Chiu0nthls
I ordered Black, Black Interior, 19", FSD and Tow on 4/12 with delivery to Rocklin and haven't heard anything yet. Dates between the 28th of May and the 16th of June.

I'm not concerned. I waited for my SR+ M3 for 4 and a half months back in 2019. Sadly the car lemoned. Hoping this one comes out better. From what I know i'm excited to see how vision alone works. I hope everyone gets their cars soon. I've driven the MY extensively and its been my favorite car of all the Tesla's since it started delivery.

Reactions: CupitCrew
I ordered Black, Black Interior, 19", FSD and Tow on 4/12 with delivery to Rocklin and haven't heard anything yet. Dates between the 28th of May and the 16th of June.

I'm not concerned. I waited for my SR+ M3 for 4 and a half months back in 2019. Sadly the car lemoned. Hoping this one comes out better. From what I know i'm excited to see how vision alone works. I hope everyone gets their cars soon. I've driven the MY extensively and its been my favorite car of all the Tesla's since it started delivery.
Sorry to hear about the lemon. What happened?

Sorry to hear about the lemon. What happened?
I had some battery pack issues, Camera failures, water ingress, and most of the cameras were missing waterproofing and were damaged.

I had it in the Fremont service center for almost 3 months of out of 6-7 months of ownership. They failed to isolate problems that were existing until I really pushed the matter. Once they finally did the leg work of looking, they found almost all of the complaints I had made, and said they'd waive the cost of time and labor to fix it. At that point I barely had gotten to drive or use the car so I just wanted to lemon it or get a buyback. It felt like a never ending cycle with that car.

One time it sat in service for 2-3 weeks with some of the issues found on day 1. But the associate didn't log it, so it sat there until I called and they never were able to address it since he went on vacation and didn't log it. Then it required another visit where I escalated it to the point they finally put the time in. My experience with Tesla has been great for the most part. This car was a one off, and I believe the service center was as well (it's the Fremont one near the factory off Kato road). However moving forward i'd never go back to that service center, but i'd still buy a Tesla.

I had some battery pack issues, Camera failures, water ingress, and most of the cameras were missing waterproofing and were damaged.

I had it in the Fremont service center for almost 3 months of out of 6-7 months of ownership. They failed to isolate problems that were existing until I really pushed the matter. Once they finally did the leg work of looking, they found almost all of the complaints I had made, and said they'd waive the cost of time and labor to fix it. At that point I barely had gotten to drive or use the car so I just wanted to lemon it or get a buyback. It felt like a never ending cycle with that car.

One time it sat in service for 2-3 weeks with some of the issues found on day 1. But the associate didn't log it, so it sat there until I called and they never were able to address it since he went on vacation and didn't log it. Then it required another visit where I escalated it to the point they finally put the time in. My experience with Tesla has been great for the most part. This car was a one off, and I believe the service center was as well (it's the Fremont one near the factory off Kato road). However moving forward i'd never go back to that service center, but i'd still buy a Tesla.
That sounds terrible. What service center in the bay area do you recommend?

Why would they not also deliver to us Californians?? Why do we wait till the end of the quarter??? I just read in the other forum that someone that ordered on May 15 got their VIN today (obviously not Cali). I hope things change in the next few days, otherwise I will literally lose my mind....it will be 6 long weeks on Saturday...:mad:

Reactions: Ubez and sw94117
That sounds terrible. What service center in the bay area do you recommend?
I've heard great things about Palo Alto and Sunnyvale. From my experience as well the staff down in Monterey were wonderful as well. Overall I think they're all pretty good and do their best. I think Fremont suffers because volume from employees and people wanting to have their car serviced near the factory. Just a personal opinion. Nothing to back this up necessarily.

Outside CA every service center i've visited is even better. The staff is always amazing. I've been to one in Minneapolis that was amazing and they'd bend over backwards for you. Superior CO is unreal if you happen to be traveling in CO at all. Colorado Springs CO is also great. I know that wasn't your question, but the point is that in general I think volume and other things have a factor on the service.

Why would they not also deliver to us Californians?? Why do we wait till the end of the quarter??? I just read in the other forum that someone that ordered on May 15 got their VIN today (obviously not Cali). I hope things change in the next few days, otherwise I will literally lose my mind....it will be 6 long weeks on Saturday...:mad:
Guessing you've never been through this before.

Not sure if this will help you, but i've been through ordering one before. Pre-Covid you could obviously get a car incredibly easily. Now i'd argue its almost easier to get a Tesla new, the say a Mach-E or ID.4 or even a F150 ICE.

Tesla is producing cars as fast as they can. My best advice, even though my 1st Tesla wasn't a great experience is just sit back and wait. Once you get it you'll forget about it. When you think about it on a bigger scale shipping International, then from East to West makes alot of sense in terms of shipping. It takes the most time to ship international and to east coast. West coast deliveries in contrast are pretty simple to hit at the EOQ. What Tesla does with 1 factory (well 2 now) is pretty impressive. Some manufacturers are straight up shut down right now, for months on end. Ford has made what 10-20K Mach E's? Tesla will still pump out well beyond that this quarter in Y's alone.

I think its easy to forget the age of the company vs. Legacy automakers.

Reactions: quincyskylar41
Guessing you've never been through this before.

Not sure if this will help you, but i've been through ordering one before. Pre-Covid you could obviously get a car incredibly easily. Now i'd argue its almost easier to get a Tesla new, the say a Mach-E or ID.4 or even a F150 ICE.

Tesla is producing cars as fast as they can. My best advice, even though my 1st Tesla wasn't a great experience is just sit back and wait. Once you get it you'll forget about it. When you think about it on a bigger scale shipping International, then from East to West makes alot of sense in terms of shipping. It takes the most time to ship international and to east coast. West coast deliveries in contrast are pretty simple to hit at the EOQ. What Tesla does with 1 factory (well 2 now) is pretty impressive. Some manufacturers are straight up shut down right now, for months on end. Ford has made what 10-20K Mach E's? Tesla will still pump out well beyond that this quarter in Y's alone.

I think its easy to forget the age of the company vs. Legacy automakers.
I actually have been through this before....last year we ordered a 3 and got it in two weeks.

I agree. Unfortunately that is the way of their supply chain has been setup. I order on 04/20 but haven't seen any vin yet. As a matter of fact I called Burbank and was given a generic respond. This time around they even set up an automatic respond of telling you to wait until you see your vin on your account before you get connected to your SA

Reactions: elizabeth22
Got a text today from Tesla re-encouraging me to do a trade-in with an increased trade-in offer (I had already sold my car because Tesla was offering way too low). Anyways I texted back asking about the status of my order and they replied back that my car was scheduled to complete production in June. Not too different from what the online status says but it was good to see that they are responding.

Did some quick math and noticed a trend. Everyday my expected delivery gets moved closer one day as another day passes for the last 4 days. So it seems to be converging. Today 5/27 and expected starts at 6/14, if this trend continues: 18 days between 18/2 = 9 9 + 5/27 = 6/05 delivery confirmed, I have cracked the code everyone🧐
My range was 5/28-6/14 yesterday and now it is 5/31-6/20. Can your math work out my delivery date? 😂