Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI to SCE customers - I just called to update my rate plan to TOU-D-Prime, which is for EV owners. Once you request the change, it takes place at the start of your next billing cycle. For me that’s June 9. Not sure how standard that is, but thought I’d share so you don’t have to wait an extra month to reduce your electrical bill.

…at this point is there ANYTHING else I can do to prepare fo this car??

Reactions: Greg007
Mine shows in the "completed tasks" tab under price details (financing through Tesla)
1623107088635.png

Agree to thoroughly disagree. 347 demo miles is more like 5000 miles on the tires and more on the drivetrain. Either that or you do not demo a car like I do.
Depends where the demo car is coming from. If from LA, Burbank, etc... where it's mostly traffic and they give you a specific route to drive (that's what they do in Burbank) , then there is not much room to drive aggressively. Mostly people drive civilized, and just floor a few times to see how that feels.

Depends where the demo car is coming from. If from LA, Burbank, etc... where it's mostly traffic and they give you a specific route to drive (that's what they do in Burbank) , then there is not much room to drive aggressively. Mostly people drive civilized, and just floor a few times to see how that feels.
When I did the test drive in Walnut Creek (two times in the last few months) they handed me the key card and said "Have fun. Try to be back in a couple of hours". I found as many straight aways I could find to floor that sucker.

Reactions: StealthMicro
The demo had 347 miles but eventually got to my house with like 380 miles. There is a tiny scratch on the passengers' side b-pillar, some scratches inside one door jam, and the tail light piece that's on the tailgate sticks out on the top juuuuust a little more than the rest. I had to really scrutinize the car to find these. Still has the new car smell too.

My WFH office view. 🥰
View attachment 670520
Did you try asking them if they could address some of the issues? I have a demo vehicle scheduled for delivery Friday. I keep worrying about the possible imperfections.

I checked out some showroom vehicles the other day in person and the imperfections were so obvious. Major panel gaps. The SA joked about it and said “don’t look here” as he covered it with his hand. Not sure if people are buying those showroom vehicles or if the demo cars are just the ones people test drive but it definitely made me less likely to buy a demo.

• Disagree
Reactions: ucsdsig and lexiagu