Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simple. They know if they tell you a date and they miss that date you will blame them and bug them over and over and over and over. So easier to just say they don't have the information so you will leave them alone. That simple.
Your point is valid. What’s bothersome is lying to a customer — don’t say you don’t have something when you do, be forth right and say here’s an estimated build date and advise to check in a a few days leading up to to get a status update. Of course no one wants a daily email that’s excessive.

What causes horrible customer experiences is exactly this. The lack of honest clarity across an entire team of sales people in every state.

Sorry to rant but none of us want to play this crapshoot game.

Reactions: CPA4U and anka2021
Just got called Burlingame Tesla and spoke with a Different SA. He looked up my RN and told me they haven't even built my car yet and that since I ordered mine in April I should be expecting delivery in 1-2 weeks. 🤬🤯👎
That's not surprising. Bay Area cars can be built one day and delivered the next. Hence the reason why we're the last to get them (for the most part).

Reactions: quincyskylar41
Spotted right now 405 south by LAX (guessing it’s going to marina or OC for drop off)

full tuck of white model ys and one red

Attachments

• FC149797-BAF4-4FF4-AA01-0EC60E2847FE.jpeg
    FC149797-BAF4-4FF4-AA01-0EC60E2847FE.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 1BC2EF0D-A3EA-4B35-B1E5-EAF0D51D1930.jpeg
    1BC2EF0D-A3EA-4B35-B1E5-EAF0D51D1930.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 45
  • F12FADF3-8018-45CF-9DCD-4A55F6BEFC34.jpeg
    F12FADF3-8018-45CF-9DCD-4A55F6BEFC34.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 41
Just got called Burlingame Tesla and spoke with a Different SA. He looked up my RN and told me they haven't even built my car yet and that since I ordered mine in April I should be expecting delivery in 1-2 weeks. 🤬🤯👎
That’s what another SA told me today about my car “- oh, we don’t even have a car assigned or built yet” and expect most likely by the end of this month, in another words in 1-2 weeks… Very very frustrating experience and dishonesty and web of EDDs is just making me vertiginous 😵‍💫

Your point is valid. What’s bothersome is lying to a customer — don’t say you don’t have something when you do, be forth right and say here’s an estimated build date and advise to check in a a few days leading up to to get a status update. Of course no one wants a daily email that’s excessive.

What causes horrible customer experiences is exactly this. The lack of honest clarity across an entire team of sales people in every state.

Sorry to rant but none of us want to play this crapshoot game.
You are not wrong but it is what it is. Until they get a real sales force with a real sales leader that guides them what they can and can not say this will always be the case. That is hard for me to say as I despise pretty much every sales person in existence. It is not just Tesla. Unfortunately a lot of businesses operate like this. I won't say that Tesla does not care because I do not think that is the case I think they just don't care about how they sell the cars because they sell themselves. It is unfortunate that it is this way but I doubt it will change anytime soon.

That’s what another SA told me today about my car “- oh, we don’t even have a car assigned or built yet” and expect most likely by the end of this month, in another words in 1-2 weeks… Very very frustrating experience and dishonesty and web of EDDs is just making me vertiginous 😵‍💫
It Sucks Donky Balls that the EDD dates don’t even matter!! Why even list that info. Just leave it blank and wait till you get the BIG BLUE BUTTON! 😂😂

I guess I was naive in thinking my wait was pretty much over when I got my VIN a week ago...hadn't heard anything since then and just got off the phone with Marina del Rey support who said the car is still in production :(