Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a VIN assigned (210xxx) and then it disappeared in my account two days later. My SA is totally worthless so I called into my local service center. They said it was peculiar and asked for some time to investigate.

About 50 minutes later they returned my call saying that I had gotten my VIN before my "Schedule your Delivery!" text and that it should be the other way around. As you would expect, if you have a VIN but have no idea when the car is arriving, it's kind of impossible to tell your insurance company when you should start the policy.

As it's the end of the quarter and they're trying hard to reach their goals, it seems they're prematurely assigning VINs in order to try and get things moving faster.

If you've gotten a VIN only to have it removed, it was likely a mistake and you may or may not receive the same VIN again. Ultimately it shouldn't be affecting your delivery date any. Being assigned a VIN doesn't necessarily mean the car is built and waiting for you, it may not have even been started yet if you've received a VIN prior to a "Schedule your delivery" text.

Refreshing your page doesn't really seem to be the way to go here. I'd still check on the page to keep up to date with estimates etc. but the "true' big blue button is that delivery text (according to my local service center.)

Reactions: Emmadiane
I have Blue, LR, white interior, otherwise standard, and ordered 4/19. So we may all be in the same group?
Most likely. Same config but black interior w/ Induction wheels. I seem to remember seeing a video months ago on Tesla production (not necessarily MY...maybe it was M3) where the exterior paint "stations" took a while to be re-calibrated to change color. It's probably simple to change seat color or wheel size per car but it's involved enough for exterior color that they have to make these in batches.

I am picking mine up in an hour - I got an email to accept delivery, and when I opened the TSLA app, I saw my car, but its only half charged. Do they normally give it to you fully charged, or no? :confused:
When I picked up my model 3 (and several times when I put it through service), I asked them to charge it up before pick up as I had a long drive home. Definitely should try to call and see if they can accommodate your request before you arrive, but definitely may be a slight challenge with their current delivery volumes

My SA just got back to me and was pretty much like "yeah your delivery date is in July, sucks to be you." I didn't realize I had such an esoteric build. 13 - 16 week wait with estimated dates pulled out of a hat like random. It's impossible to plan anything I would have rented a car if I knew it would be this long.

My SA just got back to me and was pretty much like "yeah your delivery date is in July, sucks to be you." I didn't realize I had such an esoteric build. 13 - 16 week wait with estimated dates pulled out of a hat like random. It's impossible to plan anything I would have rented a car if I knew it would be this long.
I wonder why ? Looks like a typical build (like mine). My EDD moved in from 7/1 - 7/22 to 6/21-6/30 this morning