Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA just got back to me and was pretty much like "yeah your delivery date is in July, sucks to be you." I didn't realize I had such an esoteric build. 13 - 16 week wait with estimated dates pulled out of a hat like random. It's impossible to plan anything I would have rented a car if I knew it would be this long.
I've got the same exact build - ordered 5/16 - but my SA is hopeful that I'll get delivery by EOQ.

Just confirmed with SA there there has been and probably will be a $2,000 California state income tax credit if you qualify in addition to the $1500 Clean Fuel Reward program that acts as an instant rebate. California has run out of money for the income tax credit before and has brought it back which he feels will happen again.
You can apply for it here. Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

You get placed on a waiting list until the state provides additional funding for it.

Just got a call from Tesla Carlsbad. My delivery appt was for tomorrow at 2pm. They told me the MY is still in transit and wont arrive until either 6/12 or 6/14. Gotta wait a few more days. But right after I pick it up, I'm sending it to 5Point auto for full front clear bra, tint and getting ceramic coating on the wheels. It looks like it will be another week and a half before its home.

I just looked and it briefly flashed 4-8 weeks but then changed to 9-13 weeks. I was logged into my account so I'm not sure if it using my address or not. I then tried it under a Incognito window and it immediately said 9-13 weeks.

There are two reasonable explanations:
- the website is plugged into the factory ERP, which extrapolates any change in production speed in real time to compute the EDD
- the website plays spin a bottle with delivery dates

:)

Reactions: fender4645
I just got a call from my SA saying that my estimated build date is June 17th. EDD on the site shows 9-13 weeks.
It’s just so lovely that your SA is willing to share your estimated build date. My SA at the Fremont Showroom said, “I don’t have visibility on the production date for our vehicles.” this was June 5.

I truly don’t understand why some SA’s are willing to share and others neglect this info.

Reactions: anka2021
Just got a call from Tesla Carlsbad. My delivery appt was for tomorrow at 2pm. They told me the MY is still in transit and wont arrive until either 6/12 or 6/14. Gotta wait a few more days. But right after I pick it up, I'm sending it to 5Point auto for full front clear bra, tint and getting ceramic coating on the wheels. It looks like it will be another week and a half before its home.
when did you complete your profile?

It’s just so lovely that your SA is willing to share your estimated build date. My SA at the Fremont Showroom said, “I don’t have visibility on the production date for our vehicles.” this was June 5.

I truly don’t understand why some SA’s are willing to share and others neglect this info.
Simple. They know if they tell you a date and they miss that date you will blame them and bug them over and over and over and over. So easier to just say they don't have the information so you will leave them alone. That simple.

Reactions: JustYNot and Soosh

She also said that it was unlikely that the vehicle would actually be built on that exact date. It would likely be a few days before that date, or after that date. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Mr. 4sch
6EE59C89-ED29-400E-8CAA-02EBC2D8E015_1_201_a.jpeg

Home delivery Thursday....I can't believe its happening!