Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I went to September earlier this week. Then VIN came in a day later. Delivery scheduled for tomorrow now. Apr 3 order for MY LR 7 white/white tow gemini.
I like seeing these posts. And while I've been there before ("Oh, your EDD changed to this? You're getting it soon!"), it's better to have faith in this than the alternative.

I did just get off the phone with an SA from my local dealership (Sunnyvale), and she did state that she received an email yesterday about a batch of cars that were mistakenly routed to another sales area, but she also claimed there are a number of reasons why this change to September might have occurred, including a system glitch.

Read through the same thread mentioned above on Reddit. Found this:

"My VIN disappeared yesterday so I called my SA and he called around to find out what happened. He called me back and told me that the delivery center never received the car and Tesla said that the batch "did not meet their inspections" so they had to scrap it and will reproduce the new batch soon."
Seems legit, whats the point in receiving a lemon, rather get something worth the money spent maybe tomorrow.

Reactions: JustYNot
Do you have a source for this? I keep seeing people post this but it would be good to have an official source as I think many people will be doing home/touchless delivery.
The delivery guy told me - I spoke with him before he got into his Uber. After your inspection you can just use the Service tab in the App to make service appointment where you can upload pictures to support your tickets.

My theory is that any time a car doesn't have a real EDD, it defaults to the current baseline EDD for that config (which is September right now for MYLR). At this point, looks like Fremont only has White cars scheduled for manufacturing in the next few days. The exact manufacturing dates for the other colors in June has currently not been finalized. As a result, White cars have a real EDDs, and other colors default to September.

I don't know. I ordered a blue and my EDD is June 19-30. Actually ordered a white on 5/24 and switched to blue on 6/3. Go figure.

Ordered 4/28 in Temecula; white MY 20" wheels, tow package, no FSD. Had been holding a delivery date at 6/18-30 for a couple of weeks then it changed to September this AM. EDD's are nothing more than entertainment to me. I'll get a call some day from my SA when the car gets there, until then I'll just sit back and watch the chaos.

Reactions: Greg007
Are people in other parts of the country getting VINs or deliveries in the past 24 hours or so?
According to the spreadsheet, not very many. There were three yesterday and one today. Of course the spreadsheet only represents a small portion of overall deliveries and it's also likely many people don't bother updating once they receive a VIN or get their car.

Reactions: anka2021