Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just talked to a SA at Sherman oaks location for in person and he confirmed for the April orders receiving the September EDD is nothing more than a glitch. He said he needs to report this by attaching a sample order which he did. Crossing fingers.

Reactions: Ubez
These EDD are definitely BS. I ordered mine 5/26 and it said 4-11 weeks. About a few days later it said July-August, then June-July yesterday , and now today says June 19-30. Which to me seemed a little too soon for May 26 order. After seeing how everyone on here has taken about two months to get theirs.
My SA told me today that my Tesla is schedule to build July 30th and after it is built takes about 2 days to be delivered to the nearest Tesla by me. And then they contact me to schedule pick up.
That sounds more real. I guess the best thing here to do is to stop checking EDD because it’s not realistic.

Reactions: argentina4eva
I chatted with a contact who works for Tesla Corporate (Deer Creek HQ). They said that the Model S event caused a slowdown with Model 3/Y deliveries, but today and beyond they are picking up quickly. He said there is a huge dump of Model Y's coming that have been waiting until the Model S Plaid event was over. Some getting loaded for West Coast deliveries and some for Fremont SC pickup.

204 vin is pretty low, I would be skeptical if they gave me a Vin under 210 now.
But still don't see how you can accidently be matched. Unless someone manually entered that vin when they shouldn't have
SA did tell me that it was manually matched by a mistake. I do prefer getting a car that is newly built for me instead of a manual match from a rejected transaction. Who knows if the previous owner rejected it due to quality concerns.

I chatted with a contact who works for Tesla Corporate (Deer Creek HQ). They said that the Model S event caused a slowdown with Model 3/Y deliveries, but today and beyond they are picking up quickly. He said there is a huge dump of Model Y's coming that have been waiting until the Model S Plaid event was over. Some getting loaded for West Coast deliveries and some for Fremont SC pickup.
Best news I've heard all day!!!

(For CA recent deliveries) Has anyone confirmed that they are getting Tesla factory PPF on rear doors and/or mudflaps?
No, California is not getting PPF, New Lights, or the Mudflaps.
:(
I was hoping it wasn't a regional thing, but it seems like it was for the PPF and MF. Lights are only on performance, and will be installed at the Texas GF when it starts up. Texas will also be the new batteries and and the GigaPress for the single body units for the MY.

I'm going to buy them if they don't put it on..

Hey please update your SIGNATURE with any updates...

And for the rest of us fill out the GDOC Spreadsheet if you have not already done so...

"BAY AREA" people put what city is your distribution center out of.. It's to general of a term!

Here's for hoping for a VIN in the next week.

And maybe you could change your location from a zip to a city for those of us that don’t know all of the zip codes in California?

I don’t know what’s worse, continuously waiting for a VIN. Or getting a VIN and having it taken away WTF..... when you said you received one a few days ago I did think it was very early for a Fremont delivery.
This purchase experience certainly has turned out to be a roller coaster ride. I received my previous VIN on page 127 of this forum. Now it looks like I won't receive it again util page 300+. 😭😭😭