Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well shucks, Had EDD initially set for June 17-30, change to 18-30, change to 19-30 and today now shows 1-10 weeks again 🙄 no VIN yet.
Ordered 5/20.

MYP MS
Black Interior
Hitch

Planning to pick up at Vallejo, CA dealer when it finally arrives
All the same, except my MYP is white and I ordered on 5/16 for pickup in Fremont. My SA told me not to pay attention to the EDD on my Tesla account. He fully expects delivery either the last 2 weeks of June or the first week of July. We’ll see…

Why aren't more VINs coming in?? Only 2 today? I thought there was an end-of-quarter push? (Yes, I realize we represent a small portion of the orders, but still...)
I don’t mean to be a pessimist, but with all of the out-of-order VIN assignments, MYP deliveries, MS builds, etc, I’m beginning to wonder if they are more concerned with max-profit this quarter, knowing that supply constraints are not going to allow the typical numbers push.

Why aren't more VINs coming in?? Only 2 today? I thought there was an end-of-quarter push? (Yes, I realize we represent a small portion of the orders, but still...)
Guys/gals, go look at the data for CA:

- 3/15, 4 VINs assigned
- 3/16, 4 VINs assigned
- 3/17, 5 VINs assigned
- 3/18, 1 VIN assigned
- 3/19, 3 VINs assigned
etc.

Then on 3/26, 22 VINs assigned

What we're seeing is pretty normal. The end of the quarter push really is the END of the quarter push.

I don’t mean to be a pessimist, but with all of the out-of-order VIN assignments, MYP deliveries, MS builds, etc, I’m beginning to wonder if they are more concerned with max-profit this quarter, knowing that supply constraints are not going to allow the typical numbers push.
I don't think you're being pessimistic, I think you are being a realist. I wish there was more transparency. If our cars aren't going to be ready this quarter, just tell us. Better than this waiting game with constant EDD changes. I mean people were excited to get a September EDD, because that could mean a VIN soon. How desperate have we become? 😢 😂

*I do understand we will most likely get our cars by the end of June, but when you ordered in April and are still waiting it's easy to lose hope, especially with May orders getting them before us. Not saying this isn't due to location and config, however, it's still a hard pill to swallow.

Guys/gals, go look at the data for CA:

- 3/15, 4 VINs assigned
- 3/16, 4 VINs assigned
- 3/17, 5 VINs assigned
- 3/18, 1 VIN assigned
- 3/19, 3 VINs assigned
etc.

Then on 3/26, 22 VINs assigned

What we're seeing is pretty normal. The end of the quarter push really is the END of the quarter push.
That's reassuring...thanks for pointing it out. There is still no rhyme or reason to it, which is the frustrating point. You are good at pointing out the good things in this situation, and I appreciate it every time :)

I don’t think that’s the case. If it was you would see a lot of west coast orders already filled since there is very little delivery time and costs.

I don't think you're being pessimistic, I think you are being a realist. I wish there was more transparency. If our cars aren't going to be ready this quarter, just tell us. Better than this waiting game with constant EDD changes. I mean people were excited to get a September EDD, because that could mean a VIN soon. How desperate have we become? 😢 😂

*I do understand we will most likely get our cars by the end of June, but when you ordered in April and are still waiting it's easy to lose hope, especially with May orders getting them before us. Not saying this isn't due to location and config, however, it's still a hard pill to swallow.
It seems like we would be better if mentally if they didn’t even give us an estimated delivery date on their website, I think people overlook that E stands for estimated… I’m also irrationally and emotionally attached to what it says, for better or worse (not gonna lie… it’s always for the worse)

Man, such a exciting moment squashed by this hassle now. Tesla was quick to release the VIN from my account, but my Reservation still shows the wrong car (which they said they are going to revert back and adjust pricing back to order date) .... anyone want to make speculations on what will happen next?
Here’s the latest if anyone is interested. Tesla manager was able to update my order back to my original configuration. But order date and pricing based on today’s date/price. They said they are working on fixing the pricing. Order date supposedly should not affect EDD. He said EDD is based on Profile Completion which in my case is June 1st despite my orders being placed on 4/29. More on that in a second. My current EDD says September like most of you. Let’s hope they fix the pricing soon.

A word of caution, if the SA says to not accept the Tesla offered financing because you are still rate shipping 3rd party financing, don’t listen to them. If you don’t accept or change to Cash/3rd party, your profile is not complete yet. Basically profile is complete when you get to the insurance part of your order. 🤷🏽‍♂️

It seems like we would be better if mentally if they didn’t even give us an estimated delivery date on their website, I think people overlook that E stands for estimated… I’m also irrationally and emotionally attached to what it says, for better or worse (not gonna lie… it’s always for the worse)
Love your username. I want my car now too!! Yes, it is an emotional rollercoaster. It's because this car is THAT good. And as everyone else pointed out, when we finally get our car, we will instantly forget the trauma incurred over this months long process...

Reactions: JustYNot