Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question for you guys: I was able to snag a car from existing inventory yesterday, I even was approved for a car loan and everything. I had a ViN, uploaded all docs etc. talked to my SA yesterday he was like congrats you got lucky! Now today I logged in and my VIN is missing. Called the local store and the girl on the phone couldn’t pull up my car either. Should I be worried?

Quick question for you guys: I was able to snag a car from existing inventory yesterday, I even was approved for a car loan and everything. I had a ViN, uploaded all docs etc. talked to my SA yesterday he was like congrats you got lucky! Now today I logged in and my VIN is missing. Called the local store and the girl on the phone couldn’t pull up my car either. Should I be worried?
Probably. Did you save the VIN by any chance? Maybe they can track the car down that way. Also, was the $100 deducted from your account/credit card?

I only recall the vin was 210XX I was shocked it was a June build. MSM standard range. The $100 was indeed deducted. I have a purchase agreement and everything in my email. But I simply can’t find the VIN.
How did the phone call end? Were they going to get back to you? Unfortunately there's been more than a few stories of people getting inventory cars and then losing them one way or another. Keep hounding the store and/or your SA until they give you an answer.

Did u upload insurance docs? because if you added insurance ur vin should be on that. Call the SC where you were going to pick up and ask about it. I did that and they were able to look it up with my phone number.

Reactions: acebrigade
How did the phone call end? Were they going to get back to you? Unfortunately there's been more than a few stories of people getting inventory cars and then losing them one way or another. Keep hounding the store and/or your SA until they give you an answer.
I called twice. Found the VIN now. Guy said he has no idea and has to talk to a manager. My SA is doing deliveries and isn’t answering.

anyone have any good insurance recs in California? my existing policy is way expensive ($300+/mo). Tesla actually came in pretty reasonably (~$190/mo).
I went with Tesla insurance. AAA quoted me over $5k (about $425 a month but with AAA you pay 12 months of premium in 9 months so no payments the last 3 months). Got the same coverages, with even lower deductible (!!!!) for 1/2 of that with Tesla insurance. It's a no-brainer.

Hopefully, Tesla Insurance is actually a good insurer and takes care of its insureds rather than low-balling on claims. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Same issue for me. Two weeks ago my window was June 13 - 30, then June 14 - 30, then June 15 - 30....whammo September! Then yesterday it went back to July 04 - 30....then today back to September...ugh. Not getting any replies from SA either. My order date was May 16.
Finally got an email reply back from the Walnut Creek store. It was a very short and not very helpful answer of "it will be in the first half of July". I sent a follow up message asking why the dates are fluctuating so wildly and got another very short and not very helpful answer of "Our online tool is inconsistent with communication, so not always accurate".

Maybe they are overwhelmed with inquiries, but the customer service is not impressing anyone.

wow. they quoted me almost $5k/year. Tesla is quoting me closer to $2k/year. as a young(er) single male who rents not sure i'm going to find better than that. even Geico was higher
Same here. But with premiums/quotes, the amount and type of coverages, the amount of the deductible(s), and annual miles matter. So if we post just the quote amount without specifying the coverages/deductibles, we don't know if we're comparing apples to apples.

AAA quoted me $5,100 for the year for: $250k liability, $250k UIM/UM, $100k PD, $5k med-pay, $35 per day rental. The deductibles were $1k for both collision and comprehensive, $0 UM deductible. My office is close to home and I'm currently working from home so my annual miles have never exceeded 3500.

Tesla quoted me $2800 for the year for the same coverages/miles but lower deductibles of $250 for both collision and comp. I went with Tesla. It was cheaper than what I was paying AAA for my Audi A5.

Tesla Insurance is hard to beat.

Finally got an email reply back from the Walnut Creek store. It was a very short and not very helpful answer of "it will be in the first half of July". I sent a follow up message asking why the dates are fluctuating so wildly and got another very short and not very helpful answer of "Our online tool is inconsistent with communication, so not always accurate".

Maybe they are overwhelmed with inquiries, but the customer service is not impressing anyone.
Walnut Creek store is the worst.

Reactions: mrfeb14

When did you order and what config?