Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone for posting the inventory on the Tesla website.. I wanted the roller coaster ride to end so I called our sales department to move our order to a car with less than 500 miles with the exact same spec we wanted. Goodluck to everyone else looking to pick up a car this quarter.
I did the same... I'm tired of the lack of reliability on EDDs... I put my order on 05/18 and since then my delivery time has been pushed back 5 times.... I can't be without a car until Tesla pleases... I got a cool Model 3 from the inventory with just a few miles... I'm currently holding both reservations, if I don't get better dates or a Vin in a week I will cancel my Model Y and get the Model 3... Or if in this week there is another Model Y in inventory with the same configuration I'll just get that one but I'm not planning to wait more than a week. =/

just making sure here, the profile completion and the whole how you'll be paid determines the delivery date and production of the vehicle. So that i'm on the same page, everyone who currently has a "complete" profile should show the screenshot attached right?
A complete profile should be prompting for insurance information. Even if you don't submit the insurance information that is fine, but I believe that is the pause point for the profile as you wait for a VIN.

Reactions: E-ProjexFinest
Ordered 5/15. SC Rocklin. White LR, black interior, 7 seat, tow, Gemini wheels. Like everyone, jerked around with the EDD. Originally 6/14-6/30. Then July, September, back to July, September. Today, got the payment email, like a lot of people with EDD July. Contacted SA, told to wait for the VIN from the factory….doesn’t come to email. Thought it was going to be another waiting game. Just Refreshed website, got the Confirm Your Order Update with Proceed with Delivery Button. Tapped the mythical blue button. got the VIN 213. EDD 6/21-6/26. Feels like a lot of anxiety has been lifted. Now it’s just waiting for build and delivery….. I hope.

I've literally never adjusted lumbar in any car I've been in. Is it really a big thing for people?
I did not have passenger lumbar in my previous car and I was specifically looking at cars which had the same convenience for passengers as it has for drivers. I adjusted the lumbar for my wife before the test drive and she really liked it and wanted it in our next car. Both of us are bummed about tesla removing it.

I ordered 4/28, have been having the crazy swings in delivery time and just got the email today about final payment. But then my account says estimated delivery July 7 - July 28. Model Y extended range, black with induction, 5 seater, black interior. I am a day away from saying f- it and buying a Mach-E.
I ordered the same configuration on 4/25. Hang in there I feel the same way.

Those who are snagging inventory vehicles - they all seem to be *demo* vehicles i.e., folks have test driven it / sat in it - the demo vehicles seem to be priced same as new vehicle. Why pay the same and still not get the *brand new car* ? Waiting a few more days / weeks instead of taking demo vehicle is a new brainer for me. What am I missing ?

Reactions: FatherTo1
I ordered the same configuration on 4/25. Hang in there I feel the same way.
Trust me... you want to wait. Mach E's come with their own share of problems. Also that battery won't hold up as well as alot of people think. Their heater core is having a grip of issues in warmer weather, and is built terrible. The Mach E is incredibly inefficient from an EV perspective. It'll also cost you 5K more with how the market for cars is right now.

Ordered 5/15. SC Rocklin. White LR, black interior, 7 seat, tow, Gemini wheels. Like everyone, jerked around with the EDD. Originally 6/14-6/30. Then July, September, back to July, September. Today, got the payment email, like a lot of people with EDD July. Contacted SA, told to wait for the VIN from the factory….doesn’t come to email. Thought it was going to be another waiting game. Just Refreshed website, got the Confirm Your Order Update with Proceed with Delivery Button. Tapped the mythical blue button. got the VIN 213. EDD 6/21-6/26. Feels like a lot of anxiety has been lifted. Now it’s just waiting for build and delivery….. I hope.
Congrats. You waited a month less than most folks who ordered from the Rocklin area.

Reactions: Ubez
Trust me... you want to wait. Mach E's come with their own share of problems. Also that battery won't hold up as well as alot of people think. Their heater core is having a grip of issues in warmer weather, and is built terrible. The Mach E is incredibly inefficient from an EV perspective. It'll also cost you 5K more with how the market for cars is right now.
I get x-plan pricing. It's not like Tesla isn't without their quality issues. Craftsmanship is higher and ride quality higher on the Mach-E. But obviously my heart is with the Tesla.

From what I can gather in this thread, there seems to be a bunch of us who are in the same grouping on the fulfillment side. Ppl who've had 'September' EDDs and also being moved around on a daily basis + got their Final Payment email this morning. I'm guessing that we'll get VINs by Tuesday at the latest and Tesla's system is moving day by day in batch updates. I'm hoping that since it's a large group, that we're all basically going to get our cars before 6/30. Haha
Definitely like this theory and hope it is true!

Reactions: DJ99 and JustYNot
I get x-plan pricing. It's not like Tesla isn't without their quality issues. Craftsmanship is higher and ride quality higher on the Mach-E. But obviously my heart is with the Tesla.
I wholeheartedly disagree with you for the most part. Ride quality is subjective. Mach-E's aren't totally built on a EV platform, shortcuts were taken all over the car. I highly recommend you watch Sandy Munro's tear down. Glass roof's breaking from being stationary, heat related charging issues, I've seen 2-3 on lots with panel gaps folks on here whine about. Tesla's craftsmanship, even with production faults which seem almost non existent on 3/Y's right now, isn't as straightforward as you think.

The Mach-E just grabs random accessories from off the shelf suppliers used across their whole world wide line up vehicles. Tesla builds and designs every part in house. The Heat pump is unrivaled at this point. Ford's is a mess of a system and will cost you $1,000's to repair when its required. COE for Y is .23, Mach-E isn't even close at .3, it doesn't even beat the E-Tron which is a battery plopped onto a ICE frame and ICE body. UI is laughably slow and lags worst than the UI in my 2017 4Runner. Tesla is smooth, thought out and also gives you entertainment. I don't even think I have to touch on charging speed.

Craftsmanship isn't even close. Ford saw the writing on the wall and made a respectable option for those who don't do their research and refuse to like Tesla. Look its a good looking car, but to say its even in the same room as the Y when it comes to craftsmanship just flat out isn't true. Craftsmanship to me is when a car is designed from the ground up in house and works seamlessly. Their are details on the Y most folks don't even know about that will save you 4-5 miles of range. ;)

Reactions: CarpeDiem12
How do you know when your car is going to be produced?! All the SAs near me say they have no visibility whatsoever.
They're either lying or they don't know what they're talking about. Screenshot I was sent:

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 1.27.31 PM.png