Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's awesome!! Go team blue! My delivery is supposed to be 6/20. Initial order was MDR pickup but now they are doing a home delivery. Are you picking up from MDR or home delivery?
home delivery also in MDR. was originally the 20th but they texted me asking if i could do them a solid and accept delivery sooner as my credit check expires the 20th. i assured them it was no problem.

Reactions: CarpeDiem12
That's awesome news! Where did you learn about it? They aren't showing on Tesla's map, which includes upcoming chargers. Find Us | Tesla
There is sub forum on this website where members try to hunt down new chargers being built.

Members drive by and take pictures of the progress of construction etc.

This is a good source to see all chargers including ones under construction. It's much more detailed and accurate compared to Tesla's own map.

"
Earlier today you may have received an email from Tesla labeled “Action Required: Complete Your Final Payment.” Please disregard this email as it was sent in error. You will be able to submit final payment once your VIN is assigned and final agreements are available.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to get you behind the wheel of your Tesla as soon as possible. We will contact you with next steps as soon as you have been assigned a VIN.

Best regards,

Tesla Order Support"

My EDD moved up a couple of days to June 21-30. Are there any other April orders who don’t yet have a VIN?
I’m at 06/21-06/30 with a 04/24 order date.
I was told by Burbank numerous times to expect a VIN by the end of the week around the 18th. And of course that came and went and no VIN. I’m officially at the end of my 6-8 week order estimated delivery window. It’s getting super frustrating at this point.

Model Y AWD | Red | Black Interior | 20" | No Hitch, No FSD

Now 21 days since the order placed:
5-22-21: EDD 4-12 weeks
5-29-21: EDD 6-19 to 6-30
6-05-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-12-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26

Yesterday it was showing 6-19 to 6-30, so it is bouncing around a bit. The nice thing about the Model Y is that they aren't making it for foreign markets like the Model 3. Sure, there is an end of quarter push to get as many vehicles delivered as possible. But come July 1st the Fremont plant will still be running full bore on the Model Y, and those cars aren't leaving the US/Canada.

RT
Model Y AWD | Red | Black Interior | 20" | No Hitch, No FSD

Now 28 days since the order placed:
5-22-21: EDD 4-12 weeks
5-29-21: EDD 6-19 to 6-30
6-05-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-12-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-19-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10

So just hit the start of my original 4-12 week window after 4 weeks. And it is now showing another 4-7 weeks to go. Seems about right. I sent an e-mail to a local employee who took me for a test drive last year on my birthday, and who asked me earlier this year if I wanted to order a Y. We'll see if he gats back to me. I mentioned that I was open to getting a demo vehicle, if he could find a red one like I ordered. I have looked a bit at the inventory list when posters state that "New inventory just released!!!", but haven't yet felt motivated to devote time to making that happen. Been pretty busy with other things.

A lady at the Tesla Pasadena office who I spoke with (yes, they did answer my call, first time I ever called the store) did suggest that I fill out the insurance information. So I sent a copy of my Tesla Insurance card to the website, and its now there. She said that not having that uplinked for the last 4 weeks wouldn't affect my delivery date. She said to just periodically check the site and I will be informed when we are ready for the next step.

Will see if Joshua gets back to me about the demo car possible purchase. I would imagine that once Tesla flushes (nasty term for something Model Y related :)) the demo cars out by 6-30 that there will be far fewer of those available as they restock (?) the stores with demos.

RT