Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove a Model Y LD on June 2nd. The test drive literally blew me away and I ordered that same day at the Tesla location. I was told 3-12 weeks for delivery and a week later it was changed to Aug 3-Aug 23 which coincided perfectly with my current vehicle lease return date. Then early last week it was changed again to September? On 06/17/2021 I got a text saying delivery is scheduled for June 21st and I needed to complete my order's financing and insurance before delivery. That is one crazy moving target delivery schedule. Another oddity is that I am receiving home delivery although I never requested that. I assume that is due to no trade-in car exchange but I am reasonably close to a Tesla Store and Service Center and fully expected to take delivery there.

With so many of you enduring long waits, I feel the unnecessarily quick delivery on my Model Y is odd. I called and spoke to a SA who indicated I could put my order off but they could not guarantee delivery in August and it could be as late as Nov, Based upon that information I kept the June 21 delivery date and I assume I will be getting the car tomorrow.

I have a VIN and have completed all the paperwork so I assume its a done deal. The Car spec is:
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
How these deliveries are prioritized is a mystery to me. I have to assume someone cancelled delivery of my exact car spec and I was allocated that vehicle. Another possibility is that I had received approval for a Tesla lease, bought a wall charger and have a Cybertruck reservation so it could be a Tesla good customer order prioritization. More likely is my first speculation but Tesla is a very data driven company so I suppose there could be other possible reasons. In any case I'm happy to be getting the car and look forward to more and better EV's in the future.

I test drove a Model Y LD on June 2nd. The test drive literally blew me away and I ordered that same day at the Tesla location. I was told 3-12 weeks for delivery and a week later it was changed to Aug 3-Aug 23 which coincided perfectly with my current vehicle lease return date. Then early last week it was changed again to September? On 06/17/2021 I got a text saying delivery is scheduled for June 21st and I needed to complete my order's financing and insurance before delivery. That is one crazy moving target delivery schedule. Another oddity is that I am receiving home delivery although I never requested that. I assume that is due to no trade-in car exchange but I am reasonably close to a Tesla Store and Service Center and fully expected to take delivery there.

With so many of you enduring long waits, I feel the unnecessarily quick delivery on my Model Y is odd. I called and spoke to a SA who indicated I could put my order off but they could not guarantee delivery in August and it could be as late as Nov, Based upon that information I kept the June 21 delivery date and I assume I will be getting the car tomorrow.

I have a VIN and have completed all the paperwork so I assume its a done deal. The Car spec is:
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
How these deliveries are prioritized is a mystery to me. I have to assume someone cancelled delivery of my exact car spec and I was allocated that vehicle. Another possibility is that I had received approval for a Tesla lease, bought a wall charger and have a Cybertruck reservation so it could be a Tesla good customer order prioritization. More likely is my first speculation but Tesla is a very data driven company so I suppose there could be other possible reasons. In any case I'm happy to be getting the car and look forward to more and better EV's in the future.
Such a good luck! Congrats!

• 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
How these deliveries are prioritized is a mystery to me.
Except for the white seats everything else is the same and you ordered one month after me. I’m still waiting. Definitely is a mystery.

With all the msm and blue waiting, I'm wondering if they won't get reds out in time.
Seems like if you order late and get lucky with either an existing car, or they happen to be making that batch of cars your days can move up. Kinda annoyed seeing random people order red cars in June and get theirs before mine. But I have to imagine those are existing configs. Not that mine is anything special other than the tow hitch.

Quick recap of my oddysey
5/15 ordered, EDD changed numerous times since
6/18 VIN assigned
6/20 schedule touchless delivery

white LR, black interior, tow, Gemini

SC: Rocklin, CA…. 131 miles from Fremont.
Might not be true for some, since it’s end of 1/4, once VIN assigned, the ball rolls fast.
Godspeed for all

My EDD actually moved up sooner after I had my SA remove my financing option, so I could redo it.

Yesterday and the day before, it was set for early Sept to late Sept with Tesla financing in place. Now with no financing selected, my EDD is Aug 14 - Sep 1. Go figure.

Now I just need to figure out the best way of getting a DCU loan rate, and then switching that to a Tesla loan (I might just select the self-arranged financing option instead of cash, and then once I get the MVPA and DCU loan doc, I’ll ask my SA to switch back to Tesla financing and apply there & rate match it).

They can outsource delivery to essentially anyone with an insured flatbed, freeing up space on the lot and freeing up employees to focus on making all of the deliveries/pickups happen.

Home deliveries, at least in So Cal and in the Bay Area, do not arrive on a flatbed. They are driven to your delivery address with either a follow car and the driver will go back in the follow car, or if they’re solo then they’ll have Uber pick them up.

Home deliveries, at least in So Cal and in the Bay Area, do not arrive on a flatbed. They are driven to your delivery address with either a follow car and the driver will go back in the follow car, or if they’re solo then they’ll have Uber pick them up.
For this reason I called Dublin SC yesterday to see if i could go there on the 22nd for my scheduled delivery instead of someone putting 40 miles on my car. They said they really weren't doing deliveries there and my car was in router to a staging location near tracy and would be prepped there and brought to my house. Still seems odd to me since I'd think they could do more deliveries per hour out of a SC or even just the Fremont delivery center i had to go to the 2 other times.

Just more random information to throw in the pot.