Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text from Tesla saying "We are reaching out to confirm you are ready to take delivery this month, if your Tesla is ready. We would deliver the Tesla to your home if you are within our radius, so would like to confirm desired delivery address of _____".

I...still don't have a VIN, and it does say IF your Tesla is ready, but...still nice to have received some form of communication from them hahah

Anyone else receive this message?

(Order Date 4/19; MYLR | Red Ext./Black Int. | Induction Wheels | Tow Hitch | No FSD - live in LA)

My EDD was June 25 - 30 but has been July 8 - 28 since yesterday. Reached out to SA and he didn’t seem surprised and said that’s probably accurate, despite his earlier confidence in an EOQ delivery before. In NorCal two hours from Fremont, ordered 5/9.

Oh well, we’re leaving for a trip in a few days anyways so perhaps the delay is for the best. Just hope it doesn’t get pushed to September.

Last edited:

• Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Five Seat Interior
I'm curious how this happens? This is my exact configuration! How does it get to existing inventory before an actual order? Just weird.

Delivery date moved to June 25th-30th after spending a week at July 5th-25th. Hoping for a VIN this week because my wheels got delivered today!

White/white LR Gemini, Tow, no FSD. Ordered 5/1 and completed profile/financing 5/5

Attachments

• 9D30CE1A-BAC6-4AD5-A875-ADBA7007C74A.jpeg
    9D30CE1A-BAC6-4AD5-A875-ADBA7007C74A.jpeg
    600.9 KB · Views: 59
  • D1315DBE-13F9-4257-8CC0-83DE4705E423.jpeg
    D1315DBE-13F9-4257-8CC0-83DE4705E423.jpeg
    652.5 KB · Views: 44
I just spoke with a SA at the Burbank facility. He confirmed they got a lot of new cars and VINS are triggered after they complete the delivery checklist.
What's interesting is he looked into the system for my order and said it said I would get a VIN tonight - he said it would be shocking if I did not get a text for delivery by Friday the latest.

Let's see....

but saw my EXACT car, non demo within Los Angeles. I immediately called the SA to see if I could add to my account and after a 30sec conversation
That seems so odd, that there are cars out there that wouldn't be automatically routed to someone else.
Plenty of deliveries have low vin numbers for "new" cars which makes me think that they are getting rerouted, but didn't seem to be in your case...

I just spoke with a SA at the Burbank facility. He confirmed they got a lot of new cars and VINS are triggered after they complete the delivery checklist.
What's interesting is he looked into the system for my order and said it said I would get a VIN tonight - he said it would be shocking if I did not get a text for delivery by Friday the latest.

Let's see....
We have similar build. Hoping for a VIN today as my loan expires tomorrow. 🤞🏻

Reactions: Mini23

Let's see....
Our cars still may be traveling together if you get your VIN tonight! I was told mine will be leaving from Fremont in the next 2 days

Reactions: Mini23

Let's see....
Can you tell your SA to look into my order too? Haha I am not having any luck at all with my SC or SA. They keep saying, "We can't see anything until you get a VIN".

Let's see....
It's funny, because I spoke to my SA at the Burbank facility yesterday and he told me that he can't give me any updates on a delivery time until I receive a VIN on my account page. No mention of matching VINs to orders after they complete the delivery checklist. Maybe that just means that they don't have any cars that match my specs on hand?

He did say he was hopeful I would get the car within the next two weeks as they are receiving a lot of cars at the end of the quarter, but also said he can't guarantee that since they oversold for this quarter.

Delivery date moved to June 25th-30th after spending a week at July 5th-25th. Hoping for a VIN this week because my wheels got delivered today!

White/white LR Gemini, Tow, no FSD. Ordered 5/1 and completed profile/financing 5/5
These wheels are rad. I wonder why tesla and most other auto makers sell with average looking tires at best. I find the ubertine wheels ugly. Plastidipped gemini covers look so much better IMO.

There's a blue P available right now in the Bay Area that I've contemplated getting. But it would be another $12,000 for me with P increase plus the price increases since I've ordered. I just can't do that. I think I'd rather spend $10k on FSD than a P. This is my commute car so the increased range is important to me as
Can you tell your SA to look into my order too? Haha I am not having any luck at all with my SC or SA. They keep saying, "We can't see anything until you get a VIN".
That’s pretty what I’ve been told too