Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They called around 7pm and gave me the option of delivery tonight or pickup in Fremont over the next few days. Delivery only seemed to be an option if I took delivery tonight. As soon as I had delivery scheduled, I was able to formally accept the financing and a few other things in my account. They ended up delivering the car and not even telling me.(Didn’t realize it had arrived) After I found the car it took me a bit to figure out how to unlock the doors - I needed to accept delivery in my account and was then able to unlock via the app.
Wow, that's a wild experience for sure.. literally delivered in a 3 hour window

Thank you everyone! I got the car today around 7:30-8pm PST. No notification at all. Only got the accept delivery button on my account. Looked outside the window and didn't see the car. Called the Colma center and they told me which intersection the car is parked near to. I live in an apartment and it was parked nearby. Did a very high level inspection. Have very minor flaws I think. I will upload few pics to get the opinion of the experts on this forum. Got the front mudflaps installed. Since this is my first tesla, I am quite overwhelmed with the controls. Drove it round the block nervously :)

Very pleased that tesla was able to deliver after today mornings scare!

When folks are saying that they spoke to the SA what number are you calling? I tried to reach out to the SA on my order email and got this bounce back email saying that the email address rejected the email.
Get the number for your location here and ask them for your SA. I spoke to my SA only once and always just called the center to get an update.
The email address for your center would be like <city name>[email protected] eg: [email protected]. Not sure why email to SA bounced.

• Informative
Reactions: outasflyguy
And here she is! After fixing the registration twice and the loan rate match three times lol. The car is finally safe at home in my garage
image_from_ios.jpg

Get the number for your location here and ask them for your SA. I spoke to my SA only once and always just called the center to get an update.
The email address for your center would be like <city name>[email protected] eg: [email protected]. Not sure why email to SA bounced.
How do they assign SAs? When I placed my original order online (5/3, Cancelled as of 6/29) I selected Fremont pick up but my assigned SA was in Santana Row (San Jose). When I nabbed one from inventory (non-demo), someone from Dublin contacted me almost immediately after I hit Buy Now (got a VIN too)d I’ve never visited either Santana Row or Dublin. I did a test drive of a Model S like 3 years ago in Fremont. Doesn’t matter to me right now since I have my Y that I ordered 2 days but just curious.

Incidentally, I don’t think I updated this specific thread (probably forgot due to the excitement) but I happened to see a similar spec in inventory on Monday, 6/28, so I placed a new order around 12:30 PM. I would say within like 15 minutes after hitting Buy Now and completing the profile, Dublin called and said they have car and if I wanted to pick up later. I said I couldn’t since my financing was for my original, cheaper order so I had to fix that first and they scheduled pickup for 6/30 to give time for my credit union. Fortunately my credit union was quick and the check was ready Tuesday. I tried calling Dublin and emailing but no response so I went to Dublin and picked it up instead since the salesperson said I could pick it up early if the check was early. I can now stop refreshing my account and get back to normal life. LOL.

Ordered MYLR, Blue, Black interior, Gemini wheels, No Tow, No FSD. Ordered 5/16. Profile completed 5/17. I am in Fremont and ordered at the factory
Till the 25th Jun, SA would just say giving you car in June while EDD would say Jul 5-25.
June is over, EDD says Jul 15-Aug 04 now

I don't get the EDD algorithm. I ordered 5/15 and my EDD still says September. I do see earlier EDD for later order dates. Is it based on location in CA as well?
It's as mysterious as the "Youtube algorithm". I've seen a few June orders who took deliveries here. I mean I'm super happy for them, but I ordered and completed my tasks on May 6th. 🤔