Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same config as you, ordered May 12 for Fremont. EDD showing as July 11-31 now

I spent like 30 minutes last night setting up an automated checker, so now I'll get notified whenever the EDD changes lol. It changed at ~5am last night.

That's a great idea actually, something that emails you would be perfect.

Reactions: cancoi
OMG it just detected a VIN but then the VIN disappeared and I can't see if when I log in. But my code doesn't invent a VIN... lol.
I have the VIN logged, gotta figure out how to interpret it now lol
What does your code do? Does it look at web source code? Are you using Selenium web driver to automate the UI? I did something similar last month using Selenium and checking web elements but since I didn’t have a VIN at the time, I wasn’t sure what to look for.

What does your code do? Does it look at web source code? Are you using Selenium web driver to automate the UI? I did something similar last month using Selenium and checking web elements but since I didn’t have a VIN at the time, I wasn’t sure what to look for.
false alarm :)

I saw other vin checkers just looking for 5YJ so I did the same. I didn't know where to hunt on the page, so I'm just looking at the entire HTML source. I guess that happened to match a random string on the page this specific pageload :)
the detected VIN of `5YJ8EMT1bH9soo31b` was not a valid VIN: Tesla Model Y VINs are going out to buyers ahead of imminent nationwide deliveries

New regex will solve this, lol: Regex

Yeah, it's using selenium/chromedriver to log in, then look at the page and checking for EDD and VIN basically. Notifies me via pushbullet if EDD changed or VIN is detected.

Last edited:
FD988620-7F55-4677-ACF6-DD74D89CD826.png

Anyone else getting this today?

Yep was just trying to buy a Nema 10-30 and getting all sorts of weird errors

"There appears to be a problem with the shipping address entered. Please review and make any necessary changes or continue to payment." then the checkout stalls out

I don't think there is any payment info/credit card form on the shop right now lol

Reactions: YForMeee
Good morning and happy 4th. I got an opportunity to match with an existing inventory Model Y. My EDD for my order was July 20th to August 9th.
My SA said there was a good chance my order would be pushed back again because the order wasn't scheduled to be built till July 29th. I decided to take the existing car in inventory, the only difference is the black interior and exterior. Can you wrap a black exterior to a different color? I'm thinking of a blue, gray, or Teal matte color.

I sold one of my cars to CarMax back in June for anyone interested in why I'm making a compromise. Also, I don't want my credit ran again, my previous order would have put me past 60 days. I wish I joined the forums before my order and knew about marking my order as cash and then going through financing closer to my delivery date.

I'll be picking up my model Y this Friday and I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas 😁

Reactions: Greg007 and cancoi
Good morning and happy 4th. I got an opportunity to match with an existing inventory Model Y. My EDD for my order was July 20th to August 9th.
My SA said there was a good chance my order would be pushed back again because the order wasn't scheduled to be built till July 29th. I decided to take the existing car in inventory, the only difference is the black interior and exterior. Can you wrap a black exterior to a different color? I'm thinking of a blue, gray, or Teal matte color.

I sold one of my cars to CarMax back in June for anyone interested in why I'm making a compromise. Also, I don't want my credit ran again, my previous order would have put me past 60 days. I wish I joined the forums before my order and knew about marking my order as cash and then going through financing closer to my delivery date.

I'll be picking up my model Y this Friday and I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas 😁
How can you find the existing inventory? I refreshed couple times but now car pops out. Lucky

Test drove another EV yesterday and really happy with it. I ended up purchasing it and contemplating my Tesla order that was from March and still no fill. EDD moved to late September today; went to the delivery center in Marina Del Rey and the front desk greeter or whatever they were was the last straw for me to put up with.
Holding the order because it’s 3k less cheaper but wondering if I can have another person take over so they take advantage of the 3k less price? Heck if this order is pushed out till end of year they might even get the new battery at the March price!

Test drove another EV yesterday and really happy with it. I ended up purchasing it and contemplating my Tesla order that was from March and still no fill. EDD moved to late September today; went to the delivery center in Marina Del Rey and the front desk greeter or whatever they were was the last straw for me to put up with.
Holding the order because it’s 3k less cheaper but wondering if I can have another person take over so they take advantage of the 3k less price? Heck if this order is pushed out till end of year they might even get the new battery at the March price!

what configuration?

Add me to the list. Just ordered on Friday.

LR, non-performance
White exterior
Black interior
Standard wheels
5 seats
Tow package
No FSD
EDD: September

Got to figure out financing and when and to whom to sell our 2018 Model 3 LR RWD. We always pay for our cars with cash, but we're planning to finance this one so we can invest in more TSLA stock.