Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Always order with cash to complete the process. Update to financing as you get close to delivery. They never honor their delivery timeframes.

Right now the MYLR is listed as 4-8 weeks. That’s the same EDD as my order from 6/4. The only thing I have going for me is a lower order price. I won’t do financing until I’m in my EDD window.
I wish I knew about this forum before or did more research before I applied. We went in to do the test drive and after a sales rep came and helped us set up our account. She didn’t mention to us that there was an expiration date on the financing and she had us apply right there…It’s on me for getting so excited and not asking questions but really wish she would’ve told me it could expire. Especially since she told me right there at even though I was ordering in May, I most likely wasnt going to get the car until July/august. You would think she would’ve said to hold off on applying. Looks like I will have to reapply and take the credit hit. Oh well

• Love
Reactions: Whitebeard
If anyone waiting on delivery in the LA area would like to buy my new, un-opened Model Y "Starter Kit", I'm selling a bundle containing the following:
  1. Wall Connector (18' cable) - $500
  2. Model 3/Y Automatic Garage Opener (HomeLink) - $325
  3. Model Y Paint Protection Film - $50
All-in, these were $875 (plus tax), but I'm selling for $700 as a bundle. When factoring in tax, this is over a $250 off the retail cost. Plus, the paint protection film is out of stock online right now and is a nice option to have on your new car day one. Again, everything is un-opened (especially important for the HomeLink product) as I decided on another vehicle. My loss = your gain!

I'm in Pasadena and you'd have to come pick up. I'm not a weirdo.

I love how Tesla allegedly prioritizes people who complete their delivery profile sooner, and then screws them by forcing a second credit check when they fail to deliver within 60 days.

I'll be hitting my 60-day mark from my financing app on July 23rd with my EDD in August. Frustrating beyond belief because my SA from the Glendale showroom texted me to complete all my profile (including financing) ASAP to ensure I'm "prioritized for delivery" in June. Totally understand that I should have put in Cash as the payment option, but didn't know about that until it was too late.

Since this is pretty ridiculous on the SA's part - do any of y'all think there's anything extra we could try to get out of them since we're getting another credit hit due to them?

If anyone waiting on delivery in the LA area would like to buy my new, un-opened Model Y "Starter Kit", I'm selling a bundle containing the following:
  1. Wall Connector (18' cable) - $500
  2. Model 3/Y Automatic Garage Opener (HomeLink) - $325
  3. Model Y Paint Protection Film - $50
All-in, these were $875 (plus tax), but I'm selling for $700 as a bundle. When factoring in tax, this is over a $250 off the retail cost. Plus, the paint protection film is out of stock online right now and is a nice option to have on your new car day one. Again, everything is un-opened (especially important for the HomeLink product) as I decided on another vehicle. My loss = your gain!

I'm in Pasadena and you'd have to come pick up. I'm not a weirdo.
Possibly interested in Connector and Homelink. Getting full PPF, so i wouldn't need Film. Can I DM on this forum?

I'll be hitting my 60-day mark from my financing app on July 23rd with my EDD in August. Frustrating beyond belief because my SA from the Glendale showroom texted me to complete all my profile (including financing) ASAP to ensure I'm "prioritized for delivery" in June. Totally understand that I should have put in Cash as the payment option, but didn't know about that until it was too late.

Since this is pretty ridiculous on the SA's part - do any of y'all think there's anything extra we could try to get out of them since we're getting another credit hit due to them?
If your SA's nice, they'd text you with butterfly stories about where your car might be. Otherwise they just disappear because they have zero clues when they'll come as well.

Reactions: okevinsano
On my drive to work today i passed a massive parking lot filled with various cars (kitty corner to the Fremont factory). Just sitting there. Probably had to be at least 300 vehicles. CMONNNN Tesla!!

Yea, I saw that too.. Lots and lots of MY.

Maybe they will finish delivering the April orders so they can move into May soon...

Otherwise they will put us California Peeps on the back burner again until end of quarter Sept30, like they did in Q2.

Reactions: balex95
I just ordered yesterday, 7/7/21, and found this forum shortly after. Located in San Diego, following along hoping the September estimate holds.
Good luck with that. ;).. April orders are delivered June July, May will be July/August, June should be August September..

The first dates for EDD are just imaginary, there's a chart showing somewhere the Low and High dates and the actual delivery date is almost always past the first late dates..

Mine was 4-6 weeks delivery when I started. Had all kinds of May and June EDD's, even a text to ask if I could take delivery before June 30th.

They missed the end of Q2 push, so then I get the September EDD (end of q3, because we're in California) :mad:

Further places get cars first right? So I imagine those are waiting to be loaded up on trucks and trains to go across the country. Where the trains at??
I have no idea. that seems to be what others are saying. I know when we ordered mid-May, our SA said they first fill back orders from the previous quarter, then keep going. But again, I have no idea. My current EDD is July 22-August 11.

Good luck with that. ;).. April orders are delivered June July, May will be July/August, June should be August September..

The first dates for EDD are just imaginary, there's a chart showing somewhere the Low and High dates and the actual delivery date is almost always past the first late dates..

Mine was 4-6 weeks delivery when I started. Had all kinds of May and June EDD's, even a text to ask if I could take delivery before June 30th.

They missed the end of Q2 push, so then I get the September EDD (end of q3, because we're in California) :mad:
Good EDD there. And this is assuming Tesla factory could keep up with steady pace of demand. If demand exploded in June, then everything could be pushed out further until Giga Texas is up.

Reactions: Zorg and JR9386