Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t necessarily think factory capacity is the issue, it’s the shortage of raw materials and parts due to COVID related supply chain issues. Lots of industries are seeing it - so
factories aren’t the bottle neck, it’s the inputs
I would agree with you for ICE manufacturers. During Tesla's earnings call, they highlighted this headline "GM to temporarily halt most of its full-sized pickup production due to chip shortage." [Jamie L. LaReau, Detroit Free Press, July 21, 2021] However, Tesla's "problem" is that demand is far outstripping their factory capacity -- the factories are running full tilt and Tesla sold more cars in Q2 than in Q1 (or before). It seems that Tesla's vertical integration gives it far more flexibility to swap-out individual components in order to continue to ship vehicles to meet the increasing demand of all of those pesky customers (us) that keep buying Tesla vehicles. :p

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton

Correct. If you’ve uploaded your insurance info, then your profile should be “complete” and ready to go. The greyed out agreements button is once you have a vin and delivery is scheduled. Sounds like you’re all good.
CA doesn’t require the insurance info uploaded, you have the option for Tesla insurance. As long as you complete the payment method your profile is complete.

I would agree with you for ICE manufacturers. During Tesla's earnings call, they highlighted this headline "GM to temporarily halt most of its full-sized pickup production due to chip shortage." [Jamie L. LaReau, Detroit Free Press, July 21, 2021] However, Tesla's "problem" is that demand is far outstripping their factory capacity -- the factories are running full tilt and Tesla sold more cars in Q2 than in Q1 (or before). It seems that Tesla's vertical integration gives it far more flexibility to swap-out individual components in order to continue to ship vehicles to meet the increasing demand of all of those pesky customers (us) that keep buying Tesla vehicles. :p

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton
This will help the used market for trucks. I sold mine for nearly what it was new last year. Had I waited until this year, I would have probably made money on it.

I saw that MSM MYP with white interior pop up again today. Decided to roll over to the SB Tesla dealership just to see if they had an MSM with white interior on display just so I could gut check myself and see if I’d like white. Dead center of the showroom floor is a MSM LR with black interior. It looks incredible. Sold me on waiting for my order. I can’t believe I don’t see more MSM orders on this forum, seeing it up close and personal with the black wheels and black interior. It’s phenomenal. For my SB friends - lots of vehicles on display right now, and a truck was dropping off a bunch of cars. Looked like mostly M3s though.
I love the look of the MSM, but I don’t have a garage, so keeping it clean would be next to impossible for me 😂.

Wow based on what I’m reading I should be happy for my Aug 4-Aug18 and only getting pushed one day. Seeing all those early May orders get filled last week made me feel like this week was mine, but now I’m questioning… don’t understand EDDs they’re literally so worthless

Ordered on 7/8:
MY LR AWD, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 19s, AP, 5 seater
8/2 - 9/3

7/9 modified order:
MYP, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 21s, AP, 5 seater 8/2 - 9/3

EDD Timeline:
7/13: 8/8 - 8/28
7/14: 8/1 - 8/21
7/15: 8/15 - 9/4
7/16: 8/1 - 8/21
7/23: Grayed out "Review Agreements" button appeared
7/24: 8/8 - 8/28
8/1: 8/3 - 8/21
8/2: 9/5 - 9/25 got pushed back this morning…..