Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I wanted to put a positive spin on this my new EDD have the narrowest window now ( 7 days ) previously the window was about 13 days ( 9/18 to 9/30 )
It looks like they are just trying to squeeze you into a EOQ delivery. This far out the smaller the window the worse I would feel (ie: more likely to get bumped back out into the following quarter). Your order is about 20 days after mine, and my EDD is 8/31-9/20. You are however in the Bay Area, so much easier to squeeze you in on the last day of the quarter, so you have that going for you. ;)

Smaller windows are really only a good thing if you are ~ 10 days from your EDD window (my personal guessing opinion).

Reactions: akathuria and DZMY
Yeah i was within mine yesterday 8/21 -9/8...today it is 8/25-9/15
Rocklin Tesla sucks! There are too many of us with April and May orders, still waiting and VINless. It’s been 98 days since profile completion and 142 days since I placed my order. Soft match is now Sep 2nd and EDD Aug 26 - September 15. I’m sure it will move again as I never seem to get any closer to delivery.

It looks like they are just trying to squeeze you into a EOQ delivery. This far out the smaller the window the worse I would feel (ie: more likely to get bumped back out into the following quarter). Your order is about 20 days after mine, and my EDD is 8/31-9/20. You are however in the Bay Area, so much easier to squeeze you in on the last day of the quarter, so you have that going for you. ;)

Smaller windows are really only a good thing if you are ~ 10 days from your EDD window (my personal guessing opinion).
My experience confirms this. Was sitting at 9/25-9/30 for a while, then 9/29-9/30 all last week...today: Oct 7-Oct 27.

My delivery has not changed for the past 2 weeks. Very uneventful. If it changes it causes anxiety. If it doesnt change it causes anxiety.
Same. I think I had two -1/-1 days in past two weeks but has been overall holding steady (9/4 - 9/24). A couple weeks ago, my SA told me he sees Sept 9 on his end and I'm hoping this stability in EDD means that date is accurate at this point. I hope so because I have scheduled a PPF appointment for 9/13 with a busy shop.

Reactions: Starway2001
I like some of you got worried with the LR delays and ordered a MYP a few weeks ago.

No change in EDD for either of mine over the past several days.

MYLR -OD 5/27 - MSM, black, 19, 5 seater, tow, no FSD - 8/24-9/13
MYP - OD 8/1 - MSM, black, 21, 5 seat, tow, no FSD - 8/28-9/17

I like some of you got worried with the LR delays and ordered a MYP a few weeks ago.

No change in EDD for either of mine over the past several days.

MYLR -OD 5/27 - MSM, black, 19, 5 seater, tow, no FSD - 8/24-9/13
MYP - OD 8/1 - MSM, black, 21, 5 seat, tow, no FSD - 8/28-9/17
I ordered 16 days after you and we have the same EDD... so maybe it's regional. I ordered out of Walnut Creek store but Pickup is Dublin

Rocklin Tesla sucks! There are too many of us with April and May orders, still waiting and VINless. It’s been 98 days since profile completion and 142 days since I placed my order. Soft match is now Sep 2nd and EDD Aug 26 - September 15. I’m sure it will move again as I never seem to get any closer to delivery.
my soft date is 9/3 and EDD 8/29-9/18.. I may never get my red MYLR...

I remember reading one of the comments @KL_68 that originally they had ordered a lease vehicle and switch to purchase. I am wondering because of that modification it bumped them down the list?
I did switch from lease to purchase on 7/9, but before I made the switch I contacted my SA to ask whether it would delay my delivery or move me down the queue and she said "no" (copy/paste her response is below). Also, my Purchase Order Agreement still indicates an order date of 5/6/2021.

"Changing to Purchase:
  1. will not change your delivery date
  2. It will keep your original price
As long as you keep the same color, interior, etc. Price stays."