Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Blue Unicorn has landed! And it joins one of its two other blue siblings (step-siblings).

More photos tomorrow with all three blue siblings together.

20210917_152154.jpg

MYLR: W ex/B int/20” no FSD no TOW Financed OD 5/26 PC 5/27 Vin9/17 Camarillo pick up

What I wild ride! EDD changed and jumped around like everyone else. Got the orientation text 9/3. Got the reply September text. Last EDD before Vin was 9/18-30. I was in the window 4 times prior. This morning at 5 am got “prepare for delivery” email to update my payment and resubmit my financing. After logging in I tried viewing my EDD but it would let me get passed renewing the financing. After a couple hours contemplating if I should switch to cash, I completed the financing, sure enough my VIN was there. Took a few minutes for EDD to refresh to 9/17-22. I read other’s comments that it may good idea to call location and set up delivery instead of contacting SA. Contacted SA, first time speaking to SA, wrong move, he even had an attitude. He said the car was still in Fremont and I would receive a text in 24hrs to schedule pick up and most likely count on a 9/20-22 pick up date. Ignored SA, a few hours later called location and I was redirected to what seemed to be calling center. I was able to schedule a pick from a very friendly person, she said my car would be delivered to Camarillo location 9/19 from Fremont and I could pick as early as 9/19. Received the following text: *Prior to delivery, please make final payment, e-sign, and upload proof of insurance in the Tesla account. Please note, the option to e-sign won't be available until 24 hours prior to delivery.*

Thought this day would never come. I hope this helps others as much as the other comments helped me.

Good Luck Everyone!!!!

MYLR: W ex/B int/20” no FSD no TOW Financed OD 5/26 PC 5/27 Vin9/17 Camarillo pick up

What I wild ride! EDD changed and jumped around like everyone else. Got the orientation text 9/3. Got the reply September text. Last EDD before Vin was 9/18-30. I was in the window 4 times prior. This morning at 5 am got “prepare for delivery” email to update my payment and resubmit my financing. After logging in I tried viewing my EDD but it would let me get passed renewing the financing. After a couple hours contemplating if I should switch to cash, I completed the financing, sure enough my VIN was there. Took a few minutes for EDD to refresh to 9/17-22. I read other’s comments that it may good idea to call location and set up delivery instead of contacting SA. Contacted SA, first time speaking to SA, wrong move, he even had an attitude. He said the car was still in Fremont and I would receive a text in 24hrs to schedule pick up and most likely count on a 9/20-22 pick up date. Ignored SA, a few hours later called location and I was redirected to what seemed to be calling center. I was able to schedule a pick from a very friendly person, she said my car would be delivered to Camarillo location 9/19 from Fremont and I could pick as early as 9/19. Received the following text: *Prior to delivery, please make final payment, e-sign, and upload proof of insurance in the Tesla account. Please note, the option to e-sign won't be available until 24 hours prior to delivery.*

Thought this day would never come. I hope this helps others as much as the other comments helped me.

Good Luck Everyone!!!!
That's so great! Glad you trusted your instincts and ignored your SA 😅 I've only read / heard a handful of amazing SAs' stories...mine is not one of those, unfortunately. So happy that it worked out for you and hope your delivery goes well!

I politely emailed my SA out of frustration/desperation (!) this evening to try to get a feel for WTH is going on with my car and whether he thinks I’ll be receiving a VIN anytime soon. I pointed out that I’m an early May order and told him about the text I received the other day. He actually responded to me right away and said it’s looking good that I’ll be taking delivery by end of the month and that it was good that I responded to the text ASAP about taking delivery in September. So he basically didn’t tell me anything I don’t already know, but nice that he actually responded lol.

• Informative
Reactions: OCJeff
I politely emailed my SA out of frustration/desperation (!) this evening to try to get a feel for WTH is going on with my car and whether he thinks I’ll be receiving a VIN anytime soon. I pointed out that I’m an early May order and told him about the text I received the other day. He actually responded to me right away and said it’s looking good that I’ll be taking delivery by end of the month and that it was good that I responded to the text ASAP about taking delivery in September. So he basically didn’t tell me anything I don’t already know, but nice that he actually responded lol.

That’s just it. I realized as you are that the SA has nada to do with your delivery. It’s all driven by Tesla’s supply chain and their algorithms. After my order on 2/14 with a base price of $49k from March I considered that there was some sort of conspiracy or ulterior motive that Tesla may never deliver my vehicle due to the lower base price in favor of more profitable sales today.

I tracked my EDD and it was converging, but at a much slower pace than I was told to expect or could have expected.

Ultimately it happened. Even if they miss you at eoq I expect a delivery to you no later than 10/15 (just guessin'). Would suck but I see that as worst case. Your EDD of late September and being relatively close to Fremont are really good indicators that you are near the end. I agree, it can be grueling, but the closer it gets the harder it is. Luckily when it does end it’s relatively quick in CA. Just need to see it to the end.

Stay positive. Up beat, and prepare. I was not prepared for delivery. No one was there to walk me through the basics. Yes phone can unlock the car but you still need to pair it as a key. Also need to enable walk away auto-lock. Simple things I assumed would be part of the basic "your phone is your key". Not so. Anyway just my 2c.

Last edited:
That’s just it. I realized as you are that the SA has nada to do with your delivery. It’s all driven by Tesla’s supply chain and their algorithms. After my order on 2/14 with a base price of $49k from March I considerEd that there was some ulterior motive that Tesla may never deliver my vehicle due to the lower base price in favor of more profitable sales today.

I tracked my EDD and it was converging, but at a much slower pace that I was told to expect or could have expected.

Ultimately it happened. Even if they miss you eoq I expect a delivery to you no later than 10/15. Would suck but I see that as worst case. Your EDD of late September and being relatively close to Fremont are really good indicators that you are near the end. I agree, it can be grueling, but the closer it gets the harder it is. Luckily when it does end it’s relatively quick in CA. Just need to see it to the end.

Stay positive. Up beat, and prepare. I was not prepared for delivery. No one was there to walk me through the basics. Yes phone can unlock the car but you still need to pair it as a key. Also need to enable walk away auto-lock. Simple things I assumed would be part of the basic "your phone is your key". Not so. Anyway just my 2c.
Yep, I feel like after all of these months of waiting, I will not feel prepared for actually taking delivery in a 3-4 day window or whatever they expect at the SC. I’m still not sure if I’ll be selling my current vehicle outright or trading in. Frankly, the trade in terms were pretty disappointing and I’d hope to have time to get offers from other sources before finalizing a decision on that, but I just don’t know with the timing. And of course, my next week or two are slammed so I’m trying to figure out when I could do all of this if I receive a VIN by end of month. Good to know that there is more to learn upon taking delivery. Thankfully, my father in law has basically read the Y owner’s manual front to back for fun (he has a beautiful blue/white one) and I can always text him for operational support haha. Thanks for the support and advice as always @OCJeff! 😊

Reactions: OCJeff

Good Luck Everyone!!!!
Congrats!!! Camarillo is my pick and exact same build. Just 3-days behind on OD. Not that this means anything but happy for you.

Yep, I feel like after all of these months of waiting, I will not feel prepared for actually taking delivery in a 3-4 day window or whatever they expect at the SC. I’m still not sure if I’ll be selling my current vehicle outright or trading in. Frankly, the trade in terms were pretty disappointing and I’d hope to have time to get offers from other sources before finalizing a decision on that, but I just don’t know with the timing. And of course, my next week or two are slammed so I’m trying to figure out when I could do all of this if I receive a VIN by end of month. Good to know that there is more to learn upon taking delivery. Thankfully, my father in law has basically read the Y owner’s manual front to back for fun (he has a beautiful blue/white one) and I can always text him for operational support haha. Thanks for the support and advice as always @OCJeff! 😊

I'd recommend to not get rid of your existing car until after your new Tesla is SITTING IN YOUR DRIVEWAY. Even after having a VIN assigned, there might be issues in actually receiving that car (we've all seen the photos of the semi going under the low bridge and smashing the cars on the upper deck. Ditto the overturned semi).

My understanding is that we can't open the door until we tell the app that we've accepted delivery. So you can check-out the exterior before that, but not the interior nor operations via the interface. There are several ways to open the car on Day 2: card, app, fob, ring. But on Day 1 at delivery, the process is more limited until things are paired up. And you will want to review the manual about how to wave the card around to unlock the door (or practice on your father's). The process will become second nature after doing it 10 times, but on attempt #1 at delivery standing in front of your car in the lot it may seem very frustrating. Just remember, it doesn't have voice commands outside. So yelling at it to open doesn't work ;)

The at-delivery process seems to be hit-or-miss. Some folks report a very positive and helpful experience, others report that they are basically on their own. We all wanted to get rid of the legacy stealerships, so this is a consequence. Just be positive at delivery, assume you'll do everything yourself, and go for it. If someone helps, then that makes the process even better. And it gives you an opportunity to ask them for a free Tesla hat. 🤠

Here is the step-by-step sign at the Stockton delivery center:

1631978128534.png

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Good Luck Everyone!!!!
So good!!! I”m also picking up in Camarillo. I hope delivery day goes smoothly for you! Congrats!!

I'd recommend to not get rid of your existing car until after your new Tesla is SITTING IN YOUR DRIVEWAY. Even after having a VIN assigned, there might be issues in actually receiving that car (we've all seen the photos of the semi going under the low bridge and smashing the cars on the upper deck. Ditto the overturned semi).

My understanding is that we can't open the door until we tell the app that we've accepted delivery. So you can check-out the exterior before that, but not the interior nor operations via the interface. There are several ways to open the car on Day 2: card, app, fob, ring. But on Day 1 at delivery, the process is more limited until things are paired up. And you will want to review the manual about how to wave the card around to unlock the door (or practice on your father's). The process will become second nature after doing it 10 times, but on attempt #1 at delivery standing in front of your car in the lot it may seem very frustrating. Just remember, it doesn't have voice commands outside. So yelling at it to open doesn't work ;)

The at-delivery process seems to be hit-or-miss. Some folks report a very positive and helpful experience, others report that they are basically on their own. We all wanted to get rid of the legacy stealerships, so this is a consequence. Just be positive at delivery, assume you'll do everything yourself, and go for it. If someone helps, then that makes the process even better. And it gives you an opportunity to ask them for a free Tesla hat. 🤠

Here is the step-by-step sign at the Stockton delivery center:

View attachment 710943

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton
I am guessing for home delivery it’s the same process except the paperwork is all electronic ahead of time? Or does the drop off person take care of the paperwork (California delivery)?

• Love
Reactions: Suhleese