Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was supposed to pick it up too but they delivered it. I think if you live in the general area of the Irvine service center, those were the guys who delivered. Loved the door to door service!
I live less than 4 miles away from it wonder if it’ll get delivered. I’m good either way as long as the take a cashiers check.

Reactions: firecape and Rayvas
The weirdest thing happened today - I got a VIN!! It’s a Fremont made 2021 vehicle with 294xxx. Final EDD update was last Friday (10/22-11/05).

I wasn’t really expecting the VIN for another week or two. On Saturday, I texted my SA to see if I would still get my vehicle just in time before the clean fuel incentives got cut in half. Didn’t hear from him until this afternoon when he suddenly called and said, “hey I got your vehicle.” Apparently another buyer passed on the vehicle to wait for the 2022 model, so my SA assigned the VIN to me.

Anyway, they had to switch my pick up location from Buena Park to Costa Mesa because that’s what the original buyer selected. The appointment is for this Saturday. I will be taking the car right to the body shop for ppf and tint immediately after.

Will update you guys with the build quality and stuff later. Good luck everybody!

That’s interesting. His standard for the gap size on the driver rear panel where it meets the trunk is different than the gap on the passenger side. It’s always wider on the driver side.
I watched a bunch of his videos and he has been flagging the driver side hatch more often than the passenger side hatch. Usually, he flags that side because the gaps are quite large. This one it seems a little wide and then it becomes very narrow at the bottom of the hatch. He like it when it's a consistent gap from top to bottom.

Reactions: Everlast
I watched a bunch of his videos and he has been flagging the driver side hatch more often than the passenger side hatch. Usually, he flags that side because the gaps are quite large. This one it seems a little wide and then it becomes very narrow at the bottom of the hatch. He like it when it's a consistent gap from top to bottom.
His recent videos are all August builds. Where have those cars been in the last two months?

The weirdest thing happened today - I got a VIN!! It’s a Fremont made 2021 vehicle with 294xxx. Final EDD update was last Friday (10/22-11/05).

I wasn’t really expecting the VIN for another week or two. On Saturday, I texted my SA to see if I would still get my vehicle just in time before the clean fuel incentives got cut in half. Didn’t hear from him until this afternoon when he suddenly called and said, “hey I got your vehicle.” Apparently another buyer passed on the vehicle to wait for the 2022 model, so my SA assigned the VIN to me.

Anyway, they had to switch my pick up location from Buena Park to Costa Mesa because that’s what the original buyer selected. The appointment is for this Saturday. I will be taking the car right to the body shop for ppf and tint immediately after.

Will update you guys with the build quality and stuff later. Good luck everybody!
Congrats! I have the same order date and immediately went to hit the refresh on my order page. Nope. No VIN yet.

Reactions: TatisJr
The videos are recent but the cars showing up to delivery center are from August mfg dates. Screen shot taken from his yt video
Screenshot_20211019-061158_Chrome.jpg

I‘ve been watching video reviews of the made in China MY in Europe and the panel gap on the rear driver side next to the trunk doesn’t appear to be there at all. It’s almost like the casts for the MY in Fremont make the same mistake on the gap every time, but made in China fixed it.

Reactions: e645824