Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am scheduled for delivery tomorrow and am getting the same agreement message. This is making me nervous, did everything work out for you for deliver?`
My delivery got postponed to this Friday due to freeway closures and “logistics” issues. But i did receive the agreements for review a few hours prior to the original scheduled delivery so you should be okay. You’ll prob get it tomorrow morning

Reactions: rebruns808
I ordered for my wife a new MYP from their inventory 2 days ago, and picked up the car today. No Ryzen (don't want it) and didn't come with a spoiler. Build date was 12/21. We had a MYLR from 6/2020 and the new car is much improved.
Inventory? What inventory?
Most of the people on this thread have been waiting for 4-6 months. (I ordered my MYLR in mid July.) Are you saying that anyone can pick a MYP off the lot?
How did you get one in two days?

Most of the people on this thread have been waiting for 4-6 months. (I ordered my MYLR in mid July.) Are you saying that anyone can pick a MYP off the lot?
There was MYP inventory that showed up towards the end of the year for Bay Area and Southern California. Mostly reds and blacks. 6-8 if I remember correctly

Reactions: jackk

NYE around 10pm, I was browsing Tesla's website and under 'current inventory' they had about 10 MYLR and 15 MYP cars for sale. Every color available, but only the 5-seaters.

I convinced my wife we needed to upgrade her car from our 6/2020 MYLR and she picked a blue MYP with white interior and no FSD. I literally sold our old Y the next day and the new car was ready to be picked up on their first available pickup date (which was 1/3)

The build date on my car was sometime after 12/24 as it didn't come with the spoiler, but has Michelin AS seasons which is what I really wanted anyways. The spoiler they say will be put on later when they have stock.

NYE around 10pm, I was browsing Tesla's website and under 'current inventory' they had about 10 MYLR and 15 MYP cars for sale. Every color available, but only the 5-seaters.

I convinced my wife we needed to upgrade her car from our 6/2020 MYLR and she picked a blue MYP with white interior and no FSD. I literally sold our old Y the next day and the new car was ready to be picked up on their first available pickup date (which was 1/3)

The build date on my car was sometime after 12/24 as it didn't come with the spoiler, but has Michelin AS seasons which is what I really wanted anyways. The spoiler they say will be put on later when they have stock.
I wouldn't be surprised if those on the inventory were from people who passed/rejected and Tesla didn't have time to re-assign/ship them before the quarter was out. Put them up on inventory on the updated/higher price, get them sold as part of Q4 numbers (profit...or as Musk said, "focus on costs"). If, by some chance, there are still some left in the brand new quarter, it would make sense to take them out of inventory and re-assign them to people in the queue to get them delivered.

Most definitely, these are orders that people delayed in picking up, and Tesla made them available for local markets. Works for me. I sold the 2020 Y for a few thousand more than what I paid for it and drove it for 19k miles. Got a fresh MYP with all the updates. It really is like a totally different car in regards to build quality and feel.

There was MYP inventory that showed up towards the end of the year for Bay Area and Southern California. Mostly reds and blacks. 6-8 if I remember correctly
I’ve looked there a few times and never seen anything. Nothing available now. Did you have a secret code? Or a friend in a high place?
I find it infuriating that they are selling MYs with a two day turnaround when so many people have been waiting for so long.
What’s wrong with this company?

Anyone else picking up in Irvine?

Car was supposed to arrive today but got a text this morning that it won’t arrive until Thursday. Second time delivery has been pushed back.

Curious if anyone else is waiting for a car in the same batch.
Hope to be picking up in Irvine, my December delivery date is now estimated 1/5-1/16, picked up a Model 3 this summer and that was the location they had me go. Ordered in August, white ext / white interior
I’ve looked there a few times and never seen anything. Nothing available now. Did you have a secret code? Or a friend in a high place?
I find it infuriating that they are selling MYs with a two day turnaround when so many people have been waiting for so long.
What’s wrong with this company?
Earlier this summer when looking for a model 3, I wrote a script that would check the webpage every 30 seconds and notify me when there was inventory that popped up. I got the same build I had ordered 2 days later from existing inventory and cancelled my original order. Some developer type setup a discord channel with multiple bots scanning the site for all models in whatever region you want, and would get notification for existing inventory. I think originally he was doing it for the referral links, but it might still live on. People setup chrome plug-ins to do auto refresh on their browser, stock seems to go out within a few minutes of it being posted.

I got one after waiting 6 weeks for a grey MYP with no change in EDD. Logged onto the site on NYE and saw they had some and picked one up later that night after the rep changed my order. Mine had 4 miles on it, no Ryden. But it did have the spoiler.

okay so you didn't get spoiler either. I thought it was a new design or sth. Just made an appt for 13th this month. Hopefully they have it in stock by then.

Hope to be picking up in Irvine, my December delivery date is now estimated 1/5-1/16, picked up a Model 3 this summer and that was the location they had me go. Ordered in August, white ext / white interior

Earlier this summer when looking for a model 3, I wrote a script that would check the webpage every 30 seconds and notify me when there was inventory that popped up. I got the same build I had ordered 2 days later from existing inventory and cancelled my original order. Some developer type setup a discord channel with multiple bots scanning the site for all models in whatever region you want, and would get notification for existing inventory. I think originally he was doing it for the referral links, but it might still live on. People setup chrome plug-ins to do auto refresh on their browser, stock seems to go out within a few minutes of it being posted.
My point is…why put them in inventory for bots to find when people have been waiting patiently for their orders?
They have my number. A simple text or phone call would have been enough to get me to any dealer in Northern California on New Years Eve.
What kind of dealer “snags” these and sells them on the internet when they have hundreds of patient, polite customers waiting to buy a car from them?

I have the same Build as you, Im supposed to have it delivered to our new spot in Corona. Stuck on 1/5 -/1/16 im hoping we get the new chip.

My point is…why put them in inventory for bots to find when people have been waiting patiently for their orders?
They have my number. A simple text or phone call would have been enough to get me to any dealer in Northern California on New Years Eve.
What kind of dealer “snags” these and sells them on the internet when they have hundreds of patient, polite customers waiting to buy a car from them?
It’s how the system works. When a car is rejected it goes back into the system and there is a time it is available to anyone before the system matches it to an existing order. Some times they make it online. Also, people who jump out of line are more likely to accept a car with issues (these are rejected cars after all most likely). Would you have been happy if you drove all over the Bay Area on NYE for a car with bad panel gaps, scuffed wheels or paint problems?