Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the Costa Mesa sales center still there? When I saw my EDD push out to "early May", I was told it was because they switched my delivery from Costa Mesa to Irvine. After that occurred and they reprocessed my queue, my EDD updated back into December.

Yes, you must be correct because they called today to say there is a car that matches my config and if the person does not take delivery by EOD they will assign it to me for an Irvine pick up. I'm in HB so i am thinking you're right about that CM sales center.

Yes, you must be correct because they called today to say there is a car that matches my config and if the person does not take delivery by EOD they will assign it to me for an Irvine pick up. I'm in HB so i am thinking you're right about that CM sales center.
Only reason I'm remotely accurate in that is because of other members who alerted me about this when they called in and did the same. I swear this forum preserves my sanity far more than it harms it.

After a wait of 174 days (OD July 19) I picked up my MYLR (white/black, 5-seat, 19", no tow) yesterday. Yay!

Like everyone else, I had an EDD that kept slipping backward...I won't bore you with the details, but I got close to the delivery window several times, only to see it fall back. Eventually, I got used to this, and I didn't really expect my January dates to hold, either.

And then, after being in the window for a day, it moved back by two days. I called the dealer, who said that it was "highly, highly likely" that I was about to get a car. And sure enough, on Sunday morning I got a notification in the app that I needed to finish the paperwork for delivery. (There was no VIN in the app at this point, but it was there, in the paperwork.)

I called them again for a minor clarification, and the agent asked if I wanted delivery. "Sure." And so I waited until the appointed time yesterday, whereupon I got a notice that the car was waiting at the dealer. So I called again to be sure, and the agent said "sorry, you have to come get it." No problem, my partner and I drove to the dealer, and there it was, one of a sea of new Teslas. (Three months ago, the lot was empty.)

So we looked it over outside, completed the acceptance, got in and looked around some more. AMD processor! Double-pane windows! Everything was perfect. (I'm going to go through the full check list today.) And I drove it home, and we hope to live happily ever after.

PS: Talking to the dealer yesterday, he said the extremely long wait was mostly happening to people who ordered the most basic model (I did), because Tesla builds the higher revenue models (non-white colors, white seats, etc, etc) first. This wouldn't surprise me. My biggest gripe in the process is the constant pushing back the EDD dates. Surely a company that can make such a good car can do a better job estimating their product, even with supply chain problems.

But here's the bottom line for me: I am delighted that so many people are buying EVs now. We are getting to the point where EVs are becoming so common that they will soon be the go-to, assumed choice for most car buyers. If we're going to slow CO2 emissions, getting rid of ICE-based cars is essential. Our waiting time is a small price to pay for doing a little to move this forward.

We named our car Mr. Peabody. It's the Wayforward Machine.

After a wait of 174 days (OD July 19) I picked up my MYLR (white/black, 5-seat, 19", no tow) yesterday. Yay!

Like everyone else, I had an EDD that kept slipping backward...I won't bore you with the details, but I got close to the delivery window several times, only to see it fall back. Eventually, I got used to this, and I didn't really expect my January dates to hold, either.

And then, after being in the window for a day, it moved back by two days. I called the dealer, who said that it was "highly, highly likely" that I was about to get a car. And sure enough, on Sunday morning I got a notification in the app that I needed to finish the paperwork for delivery. (There was no VIN in the app at this point, but it was there, in the paperwork.)

I called them again for a minor clarification, and the agent asked if I wanted delivery. "Sure." And so I waited until the appointed time yesterday, whereupon I got a notice that the car was waiting at the dealer. So I called again to be sure, and the agent said "sorry, you have to come get it." No problem, my partner and I drove to the dealer, and there it was, one of a sea of new Teslas. (Three months ago, the lot was empty.)

So we looked it over outside, completed the acceptance, got in and looked around some more. AMD processor! Double-pane windows! Everything was perfect. (I'm going to go through the full check list today.) And I drove it home, and we hope to live happily ever after.

PS: Talking to the dealer yesterday, he said the extremely long wait was mostly happening to people who ordered the most basic model (I did), because Tesla builds the higher revenue models (non-white colors, white seats, etc, etc) first. This wouldn't surprise me. My biggest gripe in the process is the constant pushing back the EDD dates. Surely a company that can make such a good car can do a better job estimating their product, even with supply chain problems.

But here's the bottom line for me: I am delighted that so many people are buying EVs now. We are getting to the point where EVs are becoming so common that they will soon be the go-to, assumed choice for most car buyers. If we're going to slow CO2 emissions, getting rid of ICE-based cars is essential. Our waiting time is a small price to pay for doing a little to move this forward.

Congrats! Li-ion 12/15V battery?

My EDD shifted from 1/11-1/25 to 1/13-1/25 this morning so the window is starting to narrow. We have the most basic with the addition of tow.

Congratulations! what is your VIN? Your car also has the upgraded chip AMD and Double pane windows -- so is it safe to assume going forward all MYLR will get these updates?

Double-pane door windows front and back?

You got dual pane rear windows? Did you get wood paneling in the doors or projector headlights?

Reactions: backlash224
How can you determine this?
You have to remove the shroud between the frunk and the windshield. That is where the 12V battery is next to the wiper fluid reservoir fill tube. The label should state 12V Li-ion Battery like the picture below. The link has more pictures of the area with everything removed.

1642024970897.png

You have to remove the shroud between the frunk and the windshield. That is where the 12V battery is next to the wiper fluid reservoir fill tube. The label should state 12V Li-ion Battery like the picture below. The link has more pictures of the area with everything removed.
VIN is NF353XXX
Not ready to start taking stuff apart to check the battery. I’ll let you know…but seems like there ought to be an easier way to find out what kind of battery is in a new car.
Re dual pane windows: my mistake. Front only.