Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone have a 100 score so far with substantial km? I wonder what the threshold will be on release day. I read at the American release there were over a thousand drivers with a 100 score on release day.

I have to do a manual reset every morning because one intersection I have to drive through sets off the forward collision warning even when there are no cars in sight! Getting 100 is a real pain in the ass. Kinda wish I didn’t want to try the automatic city driving so bad. This all seems so ridiculous considering how much I paid for it years ago!
I’m been trying very hard and have kept my overall score at 100 after 800+km (a few days with 99s and one 97). Lucky in that I have a pretty easy suburban commute, and made one trip out to the mountains on autopilot. Hoping not to have to keep it up too much longer…

I’m been trying very hard and have kept my overall score at 100 after 800+km (a few days with 99s and one 97). Lucky in that I have a pretty easy suburban commute, and made one trip out to the mountains on autopilot. Hoping not to have to keep it up too much longer…
I’m at 620km’s so far with 100%
Started March 1st.

I’m worried I’ll take a hit on the score just before the release. That would be a bad day.

I just got to 100 again today with about 900km. I've had a couple 98 and 99 days but most are 100. I take my toddler car napping to get more kms! But I live in the city, every drive is a crapshoot..
I went in rush hour to get more kms today and to try to get from 99 to 100 again, it worked! Everything was great but I had .9 on close follow, but it is impossible not to.

Sorry about that intersection, that is frustrating!!

Reactions: M109Rider
a guy without brake lights (other than a really dim rear window light) slammed on his brakes on the DVP and dropped me down to 98. grrrrrr
and if you leave three seconds between you and buddy on the 401, two cars with constantly try to fill that space ! If I am lucky I can get a zero score on 'unsafe following' because of this but usually 0.2% on every trip so it is taking longer to whittle the 1.1% overall I have in that category down.

and if you leave three seconds between you and buddy on the 401, two cars with constantly try to fill that space ! If I am lucky I can get a zero score on 'unsafe following' because of this but usually 0.2% on every trip so it is taking longer to whittle the 1.1% overall I have in that category down.
To get 0% on unsafe following just use AP all the time above 50 MPH. We've definitely increased our AP use since beginning this safety score madness in September 2021. We've had our RCCB cameras since January 10th but still haven't gotten FSD Beta even though our Safety Score hasn't dropped below 100 since October 2020...

Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
It's virtually impossible to retain 100% within Toronto if you plan to drive during the day. Mine dropped even though I was 2-4 car lengths back when a guy in front slams brakes and makes a turn without a turn signal. At no point was I even closer than a couple of car lengths. Daily score dropped precipitously to 64.

I want a petition button!

Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
To get 0% on unsafe following just use AP all the time above 50 MPH. We've definitely increased our AP use since beginning this safety score madness in September 2021. We've had our RCCB cameras since January 10th but still haven't gotten FSD Beta even though our Safety Score hasn't dropped below 100 since October 2020...
Hi there, there has been some postings that when on AP, it will not score you down but it will not include those miles at all in the daily calculation. The feedback is that you have to be hand driving the car and maintaining the distance yourself. I am thinking that if from the beginning when one was at 100%, if you only used AP, that this strategy would work perfectly but won't work to earn points back. Not sure if this is true but it has been posted !

If Tesla insurance will be using the same algorithms as the safety score to determine premiums then that makes it a lot less attractive to me as a product.
I agree with the comments in this thread regarding the almost impossibilty of getting perfect scores in the city and had to reset mine once already. I now have 100 score with 200km+ but it really takes an active gaming of the system to maintain it.

Hi there, there has been some postings that when on AP, it will not score you down but it will not include those miles at all in the daily calculation. The feedback is that you have to be hand driving the car and maintaining the distance yourself. I am thinking that if from the beginning when one was at 100%, if you only used AP, that this strategy would work perfectly but won't work to earn points back. Not sure if this is true but it has been posted !
The score on the main page is a mileage weighted average of your daily scores. It is not a calculation of the percentages shown on that page as your score. So if you've already had unsafe following on a certain day you'd have to drive manually later that day above 50 MPH while maintaining 1>3 seconds of following distance. Any miles driven on AP will always get you a score of 100, but braking done on AP won't count toward increasing the denominator of the calculation for hard braking if you've done some hard braking manually. Does that make sense?

...and now I'm at 99% after a dubious hard breaking
I’m at 620km’s so far with 100%
Started March 1st.

I’m worried I’ll take a hit on the score just before the release. That would be a bad day.
This happened to me today. Dubious (from a normal driving point of view) hard breaking penalty for a yellow light. Oh well. Hopefully either 99 is good enough or I have time to get back to 100.

Reactions: M109Rider
Drive in cold, wet weather so the car will clean them up using automatic brake disc wiping. :)
(See Brake Disc Wiping in the owner's manual.)
Good to know. My 540 had it but I did not realize the MS did. Yesterday the rotors were totally coated in rust. It was 2C but dry. I will keep an eye to see if they clean up on certain days. I get the wiping when wet and thanks for sharing that.

Reactions: MLXXXp