Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TIP for improving the 'Unsafe Following' score based on feedback here and observations. As stated, you need to be driving the car and not on AP. I did a 55 kM trip today on the 401 from Cambridge to Burlington in the rain and kept the car in front of me just at the very top of the visualization screen. As others have stated, it is a score based on % of safe following meaning, you have to be following and not going down open roads. I figured that if it is on the screen, the car can see it and know I am following. It made it easier to visualize the distance while keeping it at the max. Got 100% score and hopefully another commute trip or two will get me back to 99 quickly.

QUESTION: I have a service centre appointment on Wednesday March 9th. I am nervous they will need to keep the car for a while has i have laundry list of things to get fixed or looked at. Should i post pone it to a week after, or will i still get the update.. My safety score is 98.

Dont think anyone can answer this but my gut feel says to delay it.

QUESTION: I have a service centre appointment on Wednesday March 9th. I am nervous they will need to keep the car for a while has i have laundry list of things to get fixed or looked at. Should i post pone it to a week after, or will i still get the update.. My safety score is 98.

I am in your situation. My car goes in on the 9th to Kitchener for a new radar and I am going to be really clear with them on the situation and how to drive the car if they even need to and to avoid driving it if they can. I am not postponing as there is no indication confirmed that we will get it the week after or the week after that or...... mine is 98 and according to the 'safety score calculator' I need another 10 miles of 100% to get to 99 and a total of 100 miles at 100% to get to 100%. That is two days commuting for me so if Tesla does not KAK my score, I can be back at 100% by Thursday. That's the plan anyway.

I would delay it. I did the same.

Reactions: minirx7
Question: Realized too late about the hard braking penalty.
I have a total percentage of 5.4% spread over 9 days, which averages to 0.6% on overall score.
Some people seem to say you can better this score by increasing manual driving miles while using more braking within the limits of 0.1 - 0.3 g. I'm beginning to doubt this strategy.
I can't make it work to reduce overall hard braking average by even 0.1%.
Should I keep trying, or just forget it and let the added days reduce the average?

This strategy does work by manually driving to reduce unsafe following percentage - mine was averaged at 6.2%, now down to 1.9%... it goes down quickly.

Question: Realized too late about the hard braking penalty.
I have a total percentage of 5.4% spread over 9 days, which averages to 0.6% on overall score.
Some people seem to say you can better this score by increasing manual driving miles while using more braking within the limits of 0.1 - 0.3 g. I'm beginning to doubt this strategy.
I can't make it work to reduce overall hard braking average by even 0.1%.
Should I keep trying, or just forget it and let the added days reduce the average?

This strategy does work by manually driving to reduce unsafe following percentage - mine was averaged at 6.2%, now down to 1.9%... it goes down quickly.
The overall percentages don’t matter. What matters is your weighted average daily score.
More information here: Safety Score

Reactions: CanadaEV
Hilarious.. I got my score up to 98. Spent the entire day chasing cars down so i can follow them hahah and fix my unsafe following.

It paid off as i moved from 97 to 98, but to get to 99 is goign to be impossible as this is over 800kms or so.

Reactions: Proppilot
Spent the entire day chasing cars down so i can follow them hahah and fix my unsafe following
Unsafe following from previous days as well as any other scoring factor can't be directly "fixed" after the day has passed as each day basically starts at 100 score, so driving more while maintaining a higher-than-average score (i.e., better than your overall Safety Score) will increase the distance weighting. Additionally, unsafe following can show up red overall and still show 99 score as it has extremely little weighting compared to other factors.

Also, if Tesla isn't going to add to Canadian FSD Beta until Friday anyway, then you might naturally add 100-score-day mileage anyway avoiding the need to dedicate time to improving safety score although the mileage you did get today does help avoid score decreases from future days. If things go longer than Friday, Safety Score tracks up to 30 days, so even more time to improve the score.

Reactions: Shaz and M109Rider
I don't understand. I don't have fsd and ap

You guys paid for fsd but you can't use it unless you have a good grade ?
FSD Beta. This is an advanced version of FSD undergoing testing. Those that qualify will be helping train the computer for driving on Canadian roads and highways, intersections, etc. The hope is those who apply also understand they are doing the testing and feedback is expected as part of the process and thus help to improve the software as best as possible.

Once the beta is completed and vetted, then it's functionality will be rolled out to the fleet - it's like taking the advanced software updates or taking the safer more tested software as normal.

I am in your situation. My car goes in on the 9th to Kitchener for a new radar and I am going to be really clear with them on the situation and how to drive the car if they even need to and to avoid driving it if they can. I am not postponing as there is no indication confirmed that we will get it the week after or the week after that or...... mine is 98 and according to the 'safety score calculator' I need another 10 miles of 100% to get to 99 and a total of 100 miles at 100% to get to 100%. That is two days commuting for me so if Tesla does not KAK my score, I can be back at 100% by Thursday. That's the plan anyway.
I spoke with my SC and moved my appointment from tomorrow until the 18th as I am climbing back through 98 and not messing this up :-|

Reactions: M109Rider
Do you have to buy FSD to get the new beta? I am guessing so but some of the messages indicated that anyone can try it out.
Also do you need to be a FSD customer to get safety score? I would think everyone would benefit from it.
Yes, you have to have purchased the license to get the new BETA. The only opportunity to try it will be once it is released and the monthly subscription is available. As far as the safety score, I do not know for sure however I suspect that yes, you do need to be registered for the BETA and I do not believe cars without the FSD description have the option to register for the BETA on their AUTOPILOT settings.

Reactions: TrevTremaine