Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have gone over 130 on auto pilot without issue multiple times on the highways, so I think there is something else going on with your issue.
You have radar. The new cars without radar do not allow more than 130

• Autosteer will be limited to a maximum speed of 130 km/h and a longer minimum following distance.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pcons
I don’t know about that. I’m not scoring right now but had a disengagement trying to go past 130km/hr on the highway. It instantly disengaged and stopped letting me use autopilot until I stopped. This was going toward Niagara which has 110 limit. So cannot go the speed of traffic in the left lane with autopilot, I miss radar
That's odd. It gave you no warnings? Did it give a specific error when you tried to re engage? Are you sure you didn't miss the prompts to keep your hands on the wheel?

With the cabin camera active it also gives you the same 'hands on wheel' warning if it detects you aren't looking at the road. I've tested that a bit by intentionally looking at the screen for a few seconds and it would warn me the same as if it didn't detect hands on the wheel, but much quicker.

Edit: just saw your reply about cars without radar maybe acting differently....that's interesting. I was wondering if they would branch the code between radar and non radar cars. It would make sense for them to just eventually treat all cars the same, but I would be bothered if they disabled using radar in my car which has it because it can't hurt to have it on. It does seem (at least for now) the radar is still active in our cars then...

Do you need to maintain certain safety score after getting the FSD beta? If so I'm just opting out 😂😂
No, it goes away once you get FSD Beta.
From what I read, no...but if you have 5 auto pilot disengagements ( not touching the wheel )..then you will lose it...I recently read this was changed to 3 ..so I am not sure whether it's 3 or 5 ..
I believe on FSD Beta the strikeouts are different from autopilot disengagements. If your car has a cabin camera then I think you get 5. They can be triggered by spending too much time looking away from the road. They can also be triggered by wearing a hat that prevents the cabin camera from seeing your eyes. Or by not putting pressure on the wheel. If you get too many strikes you get kicked out of FSD Beta.
The autopilot disengagement thing always seemed odd to me. You have to really be asleep at the wheel for autopilot to lock you out. It's like 4 or 5 warnings before that happens. It's infinitely harder to have autopilot disengage on you than get 100 safety score.
Very true. For cars without the cabin camera it seems that strikeouts on FSD Beta are similar to AP strikeouts. They’re harder to get but you get less of them before losing FSD Beta.

That's odd. It gave you no warnings? Did it give a specific error when you tried to re engage? Are you sure you didn't miss the prompts to keep your hands on the wheel?

With the cabin camera active it also gives you the same 'hands on wheel' warning if it detects you aren't looking at the road. I've tested that a bit by intentionally looking at the screen for a few seconds and it would warn me the same as if it didn't detect hands on the wheel, but much quicker.

Edit: just saw your reply about cars without radar maybe acting differently....that's interesting. I was wondering if they would branch the code between radar and non radar cars. It would make sense for them to just eventually treat all cars the same, but I would be bothered if they disabled using radar in my car which has it because it can't hurt to have it on. It does seem (at least for now) the radar is still active in our cars then...
Radar is active until you get FSD Beta. All cars with FSD Beta do not use their radar. It seems that radar is off at all times, even when using existing Autopilot on the freeway.

• Informative
Reactions: Suspect and pcons
In case others haven't seen this yet...looks like possible wider release of 10.11 today in US...possibly Canada but I'd bet not until Wednesday.

Sooooo.... went for an early morning drive.... Currently sitting at 89 for the day :mad:

Still an overall 99 though.

Guess I'll be doing a LOT more driving today to bring that back up hahaha.
Just focus on the score that brought you down. Had a single hard braking bring me to 85 for a short drive on Saturday. Just did a couple laps around my neighborhood with lots of stop signs and in about 15 min had it back up to 100 for the day.

For following too close, drive with a car in front of you towards the top of the screen.

I have gone over 130 on auto pilot without issue multiple times on the highways, so I think there is something else going on with your issue.
This is my big issue too. When on AP, i forget how fast i am going, and if its engaged, and i exceed 130, it beeps like its going to explode and then forbids me from using AP until i pull off the highway and put it in park for a second.

Reactions: thesteve
You have radar. The new cars without radar do not allow more than 130

• Autosteer will be limited to a maximum speed of 130 km/h and a longer minimum following distance.
Thanks, I did not know that! My model X is 2017 ...I could see that being frustrating at times.

Looks like the wider release has begun!

1647279994172.png