Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are only two 10.11 YouTube videos out so far.
Some improvements, some set backs.
Overall, seems good.
You can’t really tell by one run though. Most Beta users admit, one day it’s amazing, the next not so much. The consensus on the performance is based on several runs overs several days.

At this point, I’d take an old version to play with. :)

i am in Virginia this week visiting my family and i got the 1st taste of driving FSD on a 2020 Raven Model X and its pretty good. It was not perfect and there are few instances i had to take over but overall i was impressed. i cant wait to get it on my model 3 which has a safety score of 99 and patiently waiting in Garage. Hopefully i get the update before i come back this weekend.

As stressful as the safety score process is, I have to admit it is making me an even better driver.
I have always had good confidence in my driving ability and proper respect for the road. Keeping attention to the safety score takes me back many decades to when my dad taught me driving when I was 16. He was a good driver, and not a timid one.
The truth is, keen attention to braking is a real indicator of your safety awareness.
In particular, if you can drive only ever using the braking provided by regen on its most aggressive setting, you will be the best driver you can be.
Having said that, I’ve learned that I can drive quite crisply and even a little adventurously while keeping within the bounds of the safety score requirements.
In the last seven days I have driven over 1,400 km, with 100 score every day

Last edited:
As stressful as the safety score process is, I have to admit it is making me an even better driver.
I have always had good confidence in my driving ability and proper respect for the road. Keeping attention to the safety score takes me back many decades to when my dad taught me driving when I was 16. He was a good driver, and not a timid one.
The truth is, keen attention to braking is a real indicator of your safety awareness.
In particular, if you can drive only ever using the braking provided by regen on its most aggressive setting, you will be the best driver you can be.
Having said that, I’ve learned that I can drive quite crisply and even a little adventurously while keeping within the bounds of the safety score requirements.
Very true, I feel the same.

So true, I agree with you. I am definitely driving a lot safer. Maintaining 100% is also a lot easier than I expected, too. That said, if the safety score were to become a standard feature for Tesla and they keep record of it for whatever, that would be a huge deal breaker for me and I wouldn't hesitate to sell the car lol. Once I get my FSD beta I don't want to ever see it again.

So true, I agree with you. I am definitely driving a lot safer. Maintaining 100% is also a lot easier than I expected, too. That said, if the safety score were to become a standard feature for Tesla and they keep record of it for whatever, that would be a huge deal breaker for me and I wouldn't hesitate to sell the car lol. Once I get my FSD beta I don't want to ever see it again.
The safety score is primarily used for Tesla insurance, so after that the fsd use is probably just leveraging it and gaining more data for that. Long term, we paid for fsd so you can't be denied it. Early access, yes I see why they want to limit it to 'safe' drivers...but they can't remove features you paid for (~4 years ago in my case and longer for others).

I feel bad for people who bought fsd even before me and have since sold their car or will soon. Tesla puts zero value in fsd for trade in/resale and the private market probably doesn't value it much now either currently. Not being able to transfer it to a new car sucks....if I could transfer it to another Tesla in 2-3 years that would be awesome, but likely I'll stick with my model 3 for some time now. 😏

• Informative
Reactions: CanadaEV
No worries about having to sell your car… There’s no way Musk will enforce the safety score on regular Tesla drivers.
But being a smart guy, you probably can’t avoid internalizing some of the habits you’ve picked up even in the brief period You have been driving under it.
If you are in a place where you can get Tesla insurance, you will be rewarded for observing those lessons.
In fact, I think it would probably save a lot of lives if various jurisdictions offered a similar system for maybe one week a year where a person could apply their results against their insurance… Win win win for the driver, the insurance company, and the public.
I wouldn’t seriously recommend it though… Regulators can’t help themselves from taking things way too far

I find the safety score is making me a much poorer driver. The scoring has little to no affect on actual safety. It's laughable that any car would be considered unsafe with a fraction of a G applied. Maybe if your live in the country and drive like your walking. If you have any other drivers in your vicinity your a rolling hazard. I blow yellows, I crawl through intersections making lefts even if its red, basically come to a stop before making rights into places. I leave so much room on the highway cars constantly take the space forcing me to brake check on the guy behind me. The whole concept is flawed, you should be focused on the road not trying to maximize a score. My wife is about to mutiny, she feels the car now has the worlds worst passenger built in. Nothing lowers your ability to think and process like stress, its the last thing you want to be when driving. Your basically driving around with an insurance agent trying to find an excuse not to pay.

Reactions: stanley7175
I think that the safety score could have been better related to real world safety. But there were multiple factors at work. First, Tesla needed to create a statistic that would limit the number of eligible drivers. Second, they had to base it on their internal dataset. Third, they also wanted a statistic that could be used for Tesla Insurance. It's not a perfect stat but it serves the purpose.

I also agree that the safety score baptism does condition one to be extra careful when using FSD beta. You not only have to worry about the crazy things that other drivers might do, now you also have to worry about the crazy things that FSD beta will do.

while i agree with every word you said unfortunately safety score doesn't care if some idiot cuts infront of you all of a sudden and you had to break hard to avoid accident . I am not sure what part of canada you are from the regen breaking hardly works in winters where i am from and i dont want to risk my family safety because of some stupid safety score.

I think that the safety score could have been better related to real world safety. But there were multiple factors at work. First, Tesla needed to create a statistic that would limit the number of eligible drivers. Second, they had to base it on their internal dataset. Third, they also wanted a statistic that could be used for Tesla Insurance. It's not a perfect stat but it serves the purpose.

I also agree that the safety score baptism does condition one to be extra careful when using FSD beta. You not only have to worry about the crazy things that other drivers might do, now you also have to worry about the crazy things that FSD beta will do.
It has definitely helped me be a better driver except the aggressive turning is absolutely FUBAR. It was my Achilles heel in the score just doing on/off ramps with traffic flow. It triggers way to easily in totally normal turns so now the ramps are done way too slow for flow. The other factors now don’t even need a second thought.

So what are we hoping for now? Thursday night? (3 days after US release?)
There is no concrete direction that I’ve seen so far on a potential Canadian drop.
There is speculation, (pure speculation) that once 10.11 has been beta tested enough, they will release 10.12 to Canada and more beta testers in the US.
This is all a pure guess at this point though. No one really knows.

JUST.....STAY.....OFF.....THE.....BRAKES !!! I went for a shorter drive for lunch and just slightly depressed the brake pedal while slowing down just to wipe the rust off the rotors and at the end of the drive I had a red bar in braking and 3.6% for the day and a 96. What a fool I was.... I did it 4-5 times always in a regen decel and very slightly till I heard them engage and Skynet tagged me. Based on others comments (which I wish I knew two weeks ago) I started to 'drive off' the daily score by doing a bunch of accel/regen (NO BRAKES !!!) on the drive home and cut it in half for the day to 1.7% and 98. I will do another drive around the hood later this afternoon to push it to 100%.

Reactions: M109Rider
JUST.....STAY.....OFF.....THE.....BRAKES !!! I went for a shorter drive for lunch and just slightly depressed the brake pedal while slowing down just to wipe the rust off the rotors and at the end of the drive I had a red bar in braking and 3.6% for the day and a 96. What a fool I was.... I did it 4-5 times always in a regen decel and very slightly till I heard them engage and Skynet tagged me. Based on others comments (which I wish I knew two weeks ago) I started to 'drive off' the daily score by doing a bunch of accel/regen (NO BRAKES !!!) on the drive home and cut it in half for the day to 1.7% and 98. I will do another drive around the hood later this afternoon to push it to 100%.
I hear ya.
Took another hit today with a daily score of 97%. Due to another yellow light, and not being quick enough with switching from manual to autopilot to slow down. Yellow lights are brutal. Didn’t even brake hard. Such is life.

Overall, thankfully I’m still at 100% because my overall KM’s to braking is good. Can’t keep taking these hits though.
I really would like to see this update to be dropped here in Canada soon, before my score drops. :)

I hear ya.
Took another hit today with a daily score of 97%. Due to another yellow light, and not being quick enough with switching from manual to autopilot to slow down. Yellow lights are brutal. Didn’t even brake hard. Such is life.

Overall, thankfully I’m still at 100% because my overall KM’s to braking is good. Can’t keep taking these hits though.
I really would like to see this update to be dropped here in Canada soon, before my score drops. :)
I am holding 99 and got my daily score for today back up to 98 by poking around the neighbourhood for kms.

Curious to know;
When the beta is dropped in Canada, I wonder if everyone at or close to 100% will get it, or will they limit even the folks at 100% ?
It would be brutal if someone is at 100% and still doesn’t get the drop.

Anyway, enough glass half full, I sense things are getting closer. !!!!
If I was betting, I would guess this weekend at this point … :)