Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
so you move from NYC to Montana, why? Only thing I can come up with was you wanted to raise you up a crop of dental floss.
Well, it sure weren't to eat no yellow snow, I can tell you that right now. Sides, one of my legs is shorter than the other and both my feet's too long.......

Last edited:
Can you cite any accidents caused by V11.x releases to support the claim it's actually unsafe versus, say, the more likely explaination that "some especially nervous drivers FEEL it's unsafe despite having had no accidents with it"?

Hugely YMMV of course.

I agreed earlier lane selection, particularly, can be poor and indeed unpredictable- but almost always in a way quite trivially easy to correct for in my experience at least.

Uncomfortable has NOT been my experience, other than as I mentioned I wish it wasn't quite so slow around stop signs, and maybe that it accelerated from red lights a bit quicker....but you've got guys like Alan who repeatedly claim the braking is too harsh or whatever- as I say very subjective stuff there and you'll never make EVERYONE happy on that kind of thing so hopefully we get more granular behavior settings on this stuff eventually.

To me it's been more relaxing than manual driving for a long time now, even if a small % of the time I need to do something manually- that still means most of the time I DO NOT have to other than monitoring- which I'd be doing anyway if driving manually.... this despite remaining VERY far from >L2 outside highways. Course I also paid a lot less than 15k for it (so did most people).
There have been numerous posts here and on FB about v11.4 running red lights, entering short turn lanes at high speeds (over 60 mph), running stop signs at high rates of speed, and there have been 2 accidents posted with v11.4.

11.4, especially 11.4.6, IMO has been far less safe than 11.3.6 and 10.69.2. Unsafe as in, if allowed will enter situations where accidents can happen. The creep in 11.4.6 is terrible, it wants to jump into traffic with cars coming with a jerk motion at the edge of the creep zone.

There have been numerous posts here and on FB about v11.4 running red lights, entering short turn lanes at high speeds (over 60 mph), running stop signs at high rates of speed, and there have been 2 accidents posted with v11.4.

11.4, especially 11.4.6, IMO has been far less safe than 11.3.6 and 10.69.2. Unsafe as in, if allowed will enter situations where accidents can happen. The creep in 11.4.6 is terrible, it wants to jump into traffic with cars coming with a jerk motion at the edge of the creep zone.
Not to mention the question you just answered from that plant, implies that we should let FSD run its course and let it get into an accident, to prove it's not safe. "Can you cite any accidents from fsdj to support the claim".... LOLOLOL

I mean seriously?

There have been numerous posts here and on FB about v11.4 running red lights, entering short turn lanes at high speeds (over 60 mph), running stop signs at high rates of speed

Sure. I even said some of this earlier.

But the fact there's 400,000 cars driving tens of millions of miles a month suggests they don't do it very often otherwise there'd be lots of actual accidents--- versus the narrative from folks who insist it can't go a single mile without "doing something dangerous"

, and there have been 2 accidents posted with v11.4.

Can you link to them please? I asked a page or two ago for accident cites and nobody had anything other than the one guy who "thought" he heard some blamed on FSD and the one video of an FSD car having its driver ignore a "flooding ahead" type sign and then the car hydroplaned....which is entirely on the driver since all FSD was doing was driving in a straight line.

I'm not saying the # is 0--- Tesla themselves reports an accident rate on FSDb in their 2022 impact report of 0.31 per 1 million miles driven. This is roughly 5 times lower than the 1.53 accidents per 1 million miles in the general US vehicle fleet. I'm saying the number is very low for something the overly cautious among us keep insisting is super dangerous junk.

Thus supporting the case their issues in reporting a lot higher disengagement rates might be due to their overly cautious nature rather than the situations and behavior of the car actually being as dangerous as they perceive.

Can you link to them please? I asked a page or two ago for accident cites and nobody had anything other than the one guy who "thought" he heard some blamed on FSD and the one video of an FSD car having its driver ignore a "flooding ahead" type sign and then the car hydroplaned....which is entirely on the driver since all FSD was doing was driving in a straight line.
Right, and the driver didn't even engage hydroplaning mode. Jesus in a beta version! Anyone who would let FSDb drive into a flooded road is the opposite of overly cautious. And remember how the new user interface was without question guaranteed death incarnate? If for some reason you felt the need to check your tire pressure at speed you were for sure a goner. I think it all comes back to panel gaps. That's clearly the root of all evil.........

Last edited:
Sarcasm aside how much longer is he going to be allowed to make false promises? He’s directly damaging the reputation of the company and making it seem as if they can literally NEVER meet their development goals.
Do you actually believe any of the dates he posts? No one I know takes them to be worth anything, even the most ardent Tesla fanboy.

I've posted this before and made the moderators mad but I'll post it again - at this point anyone making comments like "Elon promised it last week and it's still not here!" is either too dense to participate in a conversation or a troll and not worth having a discussion with.

Reactions: PACEMD
This is common. Most people don't buy a Toyota and then go follow the CEO of Toyota on Twitter/X. Same for most big purchases like refrigerators or high end electronics. It's just fans and enthusiasts that typically do so.
The Toyota CEO is also smart enough to stay out of politics, stay off of twitter and not challenge the Honda CEO to a cage match.

I think Elon forgot that our cars have OTA software updates.
I'd love to say that this is the longest I've waiting for an update, but I would not be accurate.
So far its only 3rd longest at 60 days :oops:
2nd is 2022.45.12 from 2022.44.30.10 which was 62 days
Longest by a long way was 2022.20.15 from 2022.12.3.20 which was 107 days - we got lots to go yet :)