Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
How much longer are you planning on keeping that car? You'll eventually buy a new one, probably from a different mfg, and get all the features you want. Avail yourself of the free market, and vote with your dollars.
I’m going to keep this for as long as it takes. Cuz honestly I do not see any clear path for my model s to be fully self driving. There is going to have to be too many hardware upgrades (faster and more memory, redundancies for safety, and something else added with cameras to complete FULL self driving visualization) just to name a few. Tesla made the commitment. I’m going to see to the end and what Tesla will do. I don’t need to pick out another manufacture, I have never put everything in one basket. Hoping for a surprise.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Looks like pre-Safety-Score / Early Access group didn't get 10.69.25 as part of the 5% rollout yesterday and still excluded from the current 20% rollout to existing testers today:

Maybe FSD Beta 11 will indeed happen before Christmas / this week to this early access group, and if so, potentially rolled out to even 5% of existing FSD Beta fleet within a couple days of that if no issues found, and even more optimistically wide rollout before New Years / end of next week.

Looks like pre-Safety-Score / Early Access group didn't get 10.69.25 as part of the 5% rollout yesterday and still excluded from the current 20% rollout to existing testers today:....
I suspect it is because 10.69.25 is the same as 10.3.3, just repackaged so there is NO reason to send the holiday update early to the YouTubers. No new Beta to test. They will probably start getting it soon, and me too I hope.

I suspect it is because 10.69.25 is the same as 10.3.3, just repackaged so there is NO reason to send the holiday update early to the YouTubers. No new Beta to test. They will probably start getting it soon, and me too I hope.
The OG group is waiting a long time. Very unusual. I'm starting to think that they're being held back for a possible V11 drop. I just don't see the Favored Few getting left off of the holiday update so long.

Looks like pre-Safety-Score / Early Access group didn't get 10.69.25 as part of the 5% rollout yesterday and still excluded from the current 20% rollout to existing testers today:

Maybe FSD Beta 11 will indeed happen before Christmas / this week to this early access group, and if so, potentially rolled out to even 5% of existing FSD Beta fleet within a couple days of that if no issues found, and even more optimistically wide rollout before New Years / end of next week.
What credibility does Teslascope have? They've been pretty dead wrong on every piece of V11 news they've posted recently.