Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
My car won’t even check for new software. It last checked on Nov 20th… when did they break the every 24hr check? (I’ve tried rebooting to no avail)
FWIW, I have a 9/27/2023 build of a Tesla M3 AWD LR. Came with one of the .100 builds; after a week, went to 2023.32.something, then 2023.32.9, and, a couple of days ago, to 2023.38.9, all with 11.4.4 FSD-b. (Got the transfer..)

But this last update was mildly interesting, in terms of who got it and when. When I was on 2023.32.7 (I think) I was kinda disappointed at the time that there were people getting 2023.38.X and I wasn't getting any; then, a whole slug of people started getting 2023.32.9 and, after a week or so of this, I got sad. Then there was a 2023.44 release and, after a few days, a 2023.44.1 release.. and then Tesla really started pushing people onto 2023.44.1.

But even with this 44.1 going out the door, people are still getting the 2023.38.9 release. And other, earlier ones.

Conclusion: Tesla dumps out multiple releases in varying amounts all the time.

FWIW, I am seeing the 24-hour check stuff.

As far as your car goes, there's three levels of reboot:
  1. Dual scroll wheel
  2. Car power down from the Service menu.
  3. Pop up the rear seat and disconnect the HV power. (This requires time, experience, and tools.)
If you haven't tried the car power down, you might.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Some people are saying this new FSD update comes with the single pull option. No, this option is independent of the FSD version. I got 2023.38.9 the other day and now have single pull even though I'm still on 11.4.4.
That is because 11.4.4 users or indirectly related to 11.4.7.3 users. For 11.4.7.3 users 11.4.8.1 Beta is the single pull update.

Reactions: FSDtester#1

Can someone explain these terms:

- Vehicle acceleration error - is this about the car accelerating all of a sudden just to slam on the brake seconds later as it gets to close to the vehicle right in front?
- Pedestrian and bicycle rotation. What in the world is pedestrian rotation?
- Vehicle semantics network. Like vehicles talking to each other?

I’m downloading also. Hopefully it starts a trend of improvement since the last few have gotten worse and more dangerous. Tried to run a red light when the sun reflected off of the signal making it think it was green. I had to slam the brakes since it was “going for it” View attachment 995765
FE7,

As of this morning (12/2) on Tesla Fi, less than 70 users have 2023.27.12 (11.4.8.1) have this available so far, starting after 9:30 pm pst yesterday. This looks like a typical rollout, starting with a few and expanding in stages if nothing awful is reported.

So you are among the lucky few, so far. The rest of us would appreciate your observations once you get a chance to drive it.