Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I think that it is illegal to install a version of software that has been recalled
Just a (disappointing) data point of one… I just switched to the Software screen with 2023.38.9, and it was doing the long think as opposed to immediate "up to date," so I was getting excited for the 2023.44.30.1 / 11.4.9 now rolling out only to find out ~60 seconds later that it's 2023.44.1 for this vehicle. 😢

Just a (disappointing) data point of one… I just switched to the Software screen with 2023.38.9, and it was doing the long think as opposed to immediate "up to date," so I was getting excited for the 2023.44.30.1 / 11.4.9 now rolling out only to find out ~60 seconds later that it's 2023.44.1 for this vehicle. 😢
At least you got an update, I just checked and I'm still "up to date" with my 2023.27.7 (FSDb 11.4.7.3)

Last edited:
Check me on this. I am looking at the early installs of 2023.44.30.1 and the previous versions being updated.

The numbers are growing rapidly, but so far 49 are updates to 2023.44.1 (11.4.4) which was a recent production release, not FSD beta testers.

Another 13 are from 2023.27.12 (11.4.8.1) which was the latest FSD beta tester release.

The release notes say that 2023.44.30.1 includes FSD 11.4.9

So both "normal" users and Beta testers are getting the same release.

Does this mean the test program is ending? Or am I missing something?
Tesla is merging the two branches for this release. Maybe they will split things again later, but I suspect we are all in this together now.

Received the same on my Sep build Model X LR. :(

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Check me on this. I am looking at the early installs of 2023.44.30.1 and the previous versions being updated.

The numbers are growing rapidly, but so far 49 are updates to 2023.44.1 (11.4.4) which was a recent production release, not FSD beta testers.

Another 13 are from 2023.27.12 (11.4.8.1) which was the latest FSD beta tester release.

The release notes say that 2023.44.30.1 includes FSD 11.4.9

So both "normal" users and Beta testers are getting the same release.

Does this mean the test program is ending? Or am I missing something?
One. Can. Only. Hope.

The open question now is really about the new 3d park assist: it seems so far to be only going to USS-less cars, but it may or may not also be the case that they're not gonna roll that out to MCU2 Atom cars (for lack of GPU perf for the visualization). I have one of the last few of those (model y, model year 2022, delivered dec 2021 with MCU2 + USS). This early it's hard to say, as I think most of the MCU3 cars lacked USS anyways.

TeslaFi 2023.44.30.1 / FSD Beta 11.4.9 stats show with just over 200 installs, only 10 have gone to HW4 -- all Model Ys. At least one of those HW4 came from 2023.27.7 / 11.4.7.3, which is a good sign as nobody with HW4 received 2023.27.12 / 11.4.8.1, but nothing yet for S/X/3 HW4. On the flip side, the rest of the installs have only been to HW3 vehicles (including retrofit), so that excludes HW2.5 or older but also seems to not have gone to S/X Refresh either yet.

I wonder if there's something special about 11.4.9 for this rollout pattern?

The open question now is really about the new 3d park assist: it seems so far to be only going to USS-less cars, but it may or may not also be the case that they're not gonna roll that out to MCU2 Atom cars (for lack of GPU perf for the visualization). I have one of the last few of those (model y, model year 2022, delivered dec 2021 with MCU2 + USS). This early it's hard to say, as I think most of the MCU3 cars lacked USS anyways.
How does the atom have the gpu for FSD visuals (heck even MCU1 does), but not the vision park assist? Kinda pissed about this in my December 2020 built 3 (USS, Atom).
Admittedly, the atom is really starting to show its age. Watching YouTube or anything in the theater is godawful. Don’t even get me started on the browser (what is strange though is that relatively gpu intensive games like beach buggy run pretty fine. Unoptimized code I guess may be the culprit). I really am starting to question why they were selling cars in 2021 with this chip. There simply needs to be a retrofit offered. I realize there are compatibility issues, but a custom chip would certainly fit.

They probably just can't reconcile USS and vision park assist together, you'd have proximity lines from USS that don't really line up with what's coming out of the occupancy network, it would be a confusing mess.
I thought pretty much USS had been just disabled via software in the past 1-2 years for cars originally equipped with USS