Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see so many unedited videos of people driving for hours. Good that they share, but I find the quality and the amount of useful information to be very low for the energy it takes to consume them. Summaries of not very useful either as the LLMs are too careful in what they say.

So can you recommend some videos where people
1. drive
2. think
3. make a video discussing their thoughts

and not where 1 and 3 happens at the same time but step 2 is skipped?

Probably running in shadow mode gathering useful data where its predictions turned out to be wrong.

Expect a few steps forward and some steps back and a few point releases before ASS reaches autopilot level quality. This is Tesla's strategy and their strength, they iterate quickly towards a great solution. Making the impossible go from looking silly to just being late, eating the lunch of the bears who were always right that Tesla/SpaceX looks like a joke with their crashing starships while their competition is Boeing.

Reactions: Electroman
Just to keep this in mind.

With fleet of 400k people using fsd, it needs to have one mistake every 13.4 mins or less to meet you one mistake per car per 10 year.

If you are talking about 1 disengagement every 10 years total, then that makes fsd like 100000x safer after than a human.
No - you are mixing it up. I was talking about WholeMars in particular.

For the purposes of this thread (or may be investment in general) - a good starting point is to estimate how much an accident will cost Tesla ($100k average ?). If they get $10k for each FSD license, to break even they should have no more than one accident per life of 10 cars. So, if a car puts in 100k miles, that would be 1 million miles. So, one accident per one million miles for break even with the above assumptions.

No - you are mixing it up. I was talking about WholeMars in particular.

For the purposes of this thread (or may be investment in general) - a good starting point is to estimate how much an accident will cost Tesla ($100k average ?). If they get $10k for each FSD license, to break even they should have no more than one accident per life of 10 cars. So, if a car puts in 100k miles, that would be 1 million miles. So, one accident per one million miles for break even with the above assumptions.
Legacy auto takes zero responsibility when the adas system from Nvidia or mobile eye fails. This will also be the case for Tesla licensed fsd. It just needs to be so good that it's a much have feature, not that it's a level 5. The bar is pretty low for how good it needs to be considering the adas system legacy current use from other companies are trash.

The only reason why no one has adopted Tesla's when it's objectively better per NCAP scoring is due to legacy not wanting a competitors product in their cars. It takes their ev sales to decline double % yoy to finally adopt Tesla superchargers. It hurts their soul to do so.

Legacy auto takes zero responsibility when the adas system from Nvidia or mobile eye fails. This will also be the case for Tesla licensed fsd. It just needs to be so good that it's a much have feature, not that it's a level 5.
Purely talking about "robotaxi" that Elon has been hyping up for years. Thats the one that has potential for big SP increase ....

It took legacy adopting supercharger to jump start tesla sp from 100s to 200s. Legacy licensing fsd imo will have at least 2x the affect on sp.

I feel like this gets reposted every couple pages but another reminder from the time Tesla offered SC access to when OEMs took them up on it was ~7 years- plus another ~2 to actually make the port native.

And SCs actually existed that whole time.

So OEMs licensing a thing that ain't even done yet is....not material in the short term. And it'd require considerably MORE work (and time) from the OEMs to integrate it too than just a charge port change.

I feel like this gets reposted every couple pages but another reminder from the time Tesla offered SC access to when OEMs took them up on it was ~7 years- plus another ~2 to actually make the port native.

And SCs actually existed that whole time.

So OEMs licensing a thing that ain't even done yet is....not material in the short term. And it'd require considerably MORE work (and time) from the OEMs to integrate it too than just a charge port change.
It's only material to the stock price, like s&p inclusion or any kind of stock split. We have all been in this game for way to long to not have noticed.

Reactions: Cherry Wine