Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I made top ten and this is only for the last year since that’s when these stats became available in the api. Since FSD replaces the standard autopilot stack, these are all FSD miles. Can you tell I like it?

C433F0F6-9905-453F-A114-460373417280.jpeg

Of the 19,322 cars on TeslaFi, over 83% have FSD. Certainly that is not representative of the entire population, probably just because FSD users are more likely to be the kind of nerds like me that like to dig into their data, but it was still higher than I expected.
No, that many vehicles have a firmware version that contains FSDb, it does not mean that they have paid for, or subscribe to, FSD.

My understanding is that FSD has always been on its own branch and those firmware releases have only gone out to cars that have paid for FSD.
See my post #419,376 on June 30th where I first reported that build 2023.20.7 was the first build to have FSD beta merged into the main branch so that all cars are on the same build (even AP1 cars). Then my post #419,417 that has the different FSD beta builds between 11.4.4 and 11.3.6

Nope. My M3 got the 2023.20.8 firmware marked with FSD 11.3.6 on TeslaFi. I did not pay for full Autopilot on the M3. And FSD is not available here in Europe.

If any of you US citizen remember this far back in time...

I still have the Autopilot that keeps the lane and the distance to the car in front.

I do not have lane changes or simple summon or auto park.

But it still is the best assistant I have tried. Mercedes, Jaguar and other modern cars are just miles and years behind my old fashioned autopilot. Both the Jag and the Merc just gave up without notifying me. And suddenly the car is heading into a ditch or into the car in the next lane - with no warning. So scary. But paranoid me could see what was happening and saved the car and myself from various disasters. Obviously the assist was then turned off and manual driving commenced. But it's soo bad. How is that even possible these days? How can they even release such garbage?

And then I watch tweets and youtubes about the FSD that you in the US can play with. And I am totally envious!
I do not mind paying full price for Autopilot on the TMX. I think it's nice to participate in getting FSD up and running for the best of mankind. But I so would love to participate in testing FSD. Please @elon!

or it could be Gen 4 by then. or 5. I feel like they have plenty of time to decide what car to put it in.

I think FSD is close enough (LOL) that the Robotaxi will more likely be an evolution of Gen 3 rather than a whole new platform. The hints they've dropped so far insinuate Gen 3 is being designed as a platform for future growth, that would mean it's designed to encompass all near term future plans. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tesla Van turns out to be on the Gen 3 platform as well.

Reactions: capster
The plan per Autonomy Day 2019 was to release a vehicle with no steering wheel within 2 years, pretty sure that was gonna be the Model Y
Elon's credibility when it comes to FSD! Robotaxis! full autonomy! is near zero... hence investors don't like it when he laughs and dismisses margin concerns by pointing at the shiny thing "autonomy" they may or may not achieve in 2,3,4,5,6 or 7 or 10 or 20 years....

I think FSD is close enough (LOL) that the Robotaxi will more likely be an evolution of Gen 3 rather than a whole new platform. The hints they've dropped so far insinuate Gen 3 is being designed as a platform for future growth, that would mean it's designed to encompass all near term future plans. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tesla Van turns out to be on the Gen 3 platform as well.
Close enough to what. My guess is you have never tried to cross town with FSD in operation. We are in a small town. Going from one side to the other without intervention (maybe 7 kilometres) would result in multiple crashes, massive fines and a mob of road rage drivers with pitch forks trying to kill us. Don’t get me wrong. It’s pretty cool and gets better every revision. But it’s not “close” to any kind of autonomy and won’t be for years based on past incremental improvements. It’s been 6 years to get this far. I would think at least another 6 to some kind of fair weather level 4 autonomy.

Jmho.

Close enough to what. My guess is you have never tried to cross town with FSD in operation. We are in a small town. Going from one side to the other without intervention (maybe 7 kilometres) would result in multiple crashes, massive fines and a mob of road rage drivers with pitch forks trying to kill us. Don’t get me wrong. It’s pretty cool and gets better every revision. But it’s not “close” to any kind of autonomy and won’t be for years based on past incremental improvements. It’s been 6 years to get this far. I would think at least another 6 to some kind of fair weather level 4 autonomy.

Jmho.
I agree it will take another 6 years... But... I've never had that kind of issues with FSD Beta. Just lots of 'scenic vectors" through one-way streets, possibly an endless loop or two... but nothing actually dangerous.

Yes, @jerry33 , map data indeed! I look forward to Tesla finding the time to clean that up.

Last edited:
I agree it will take another 6 years... But... I've never had that kind of issues with FSD Beta. Just lots of 'scenic vectors" through one-way streets, possibly an endless loop or two... but nothing actually dangerous.
80% of the issues appear to be due to map data. I've found on surface streets it's much better if you engage FSD without using Navigation.