Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t really understand the front legroom comment. I’m 6’6” and the seat in the 3 slides back farther than I need it to.
I may have been unclear. I need space for four adults most of the time and find when I have folks in the back seat, the front feels cramped. It may just be that it’s not as wide or something. I don’t know. Ultimately, with 3 kids, wife, huge dog and other stuff along for the ride, it’s too small with cargo and that’s the most important. To be fair, with a full load, we have to take the X as the S gets small too with cargo.

Reactions: DIL
New orders (91320)

ModelETA
PlaidJune-July
LR
August-September
Plaid+Mid 2022 (No change)

Certainly implies May deliveries (just assuming the LR has a much larger backorder line to fill). Elon didn't sound extremely confident it would be May "err uhmm, probably start deliveries...err, hmm...probably next month" which tells me they have a few things left to fix, but... it does seem likely people will have cars by June.

I'm just sitting here thinking how surreal it is going to be to actually take delivery of this thing after dreaming about it nightly for 6 months (by that time). Those of us coming from another Tesla/EV, it should be any easy transition, those first timers (@Hayseed_MS) probably going to have their eyes roll back in their heads as soon as they feel that extremely smooth, yet very athletic power delivery. Hell, perhaps my eyes will roll in the back of my head too. It's not even just the sheer force of the acceleration, but it's almost like you sit there laughing your ass off wondering why we've been stuck with ICE for THIS long, when we could've had something THIS fun.

Word of warning: both my SO and I commented randomly at the same time during our first trip to a theme park and riding the baddest roller coaster they had after owning just the boring old Model 3 LR for a year - we looked at each other and said "IDK why, but that didn't quite feel as fun as it used to"...but we figured out why.

Satisfaction for me of this car will be entirely based on the air suspension and noise cancelling. If that noise cancelling system can truly cutdown a large part of the terrible wind/road noise, oh yeah, 100% will buy another. If that is the case, I plan on owning this thing until the wheels fall off (which I hope is 10+ years down the road).

Last edited:
I like red on a Ferrari, and that’s about it.

And some people like white on a car. I think white is boring, but it's the most popular color. I have two friends with red 3s, and they are gorgeous... the car, not the friends.

And after driving electric since 2002, I pretty much think that any car that still uses gas to power it is SOOOO out of date. Including Ferraris.

And some people like white on a car. I think white is boring, but it's the most popular color. I have two friends with red 3s, and they are gorgeous... the car, not the friends.

And after driving electric since 2002, I pretty much think that any car that still uses gas to power it is SOOOO out of date. Including Ferraris.
This will be our third red Tesla. I just can't help it.
No Date
Next Steps
  • We will contact you to sign contracts and make final payment prior to delivery.
  • Prepare to drive and charge your Tesla by completing the Meet Your Tesla overview
"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

My 3/2021 MSLR order doesn't show an estimated delivery date. Should it?

Hey friend - you're going to be in a later batch and other people who ordered when you did often don't have anything showing up yet, either.

Seems pre-refresh announcement = "-"
Day or near day of announcement = "July"
Late Feb - March = ""

With some people having "10-14 weeks from order date" as well. If I were you, I'd expect it to be July/August - the ramp sounds like it is going to be very slow this month and next.

I have always purchased rather than leased. Since we will be receiving early production MSs, I am thinking of leasing rather than buying so that I don’t get stuck with a buggy vehicle. Is anyone else who normally purchases thinking of this?
I’m considering leasing for two or three years, not because it might be buggy, but the industry is changing so fast who knows what might be available in 2023-24? There are a lot of great options on the horizon, including the Roadster, Plaid +, Lucid, MBZ and Porsche options. I got six years and 150,000 miles out of my 2015 P85D without ever feeling like there was ever a better option available, but as amazing as my MSLR will be if it ever gets delivered, I can imagine a wandering eye for the many products coming down the pipeline.

Pepto Bismol pink on ANY car will look bad. Thankfully it's not an option.

I am not sure what you mean...?

e6324bac-tesla-model-s-pink-eyelashes-batman-tuning-1.jpg

(TBC, I am not making fun of this dude, he has more creativity than I will ever have--it's your car, do with it what you will)

I have always purchased rather than leased. Since we will be receiving early production MSs, I am thinking of leasing rather than buying so that I don’t get stuck with a buggy vehicle. Is anyone else who normally purchases thinking of this?

Nope. I put on too many miles to ever make this worthwhile for me. Plus I am constantly ‘enhancing’ my car. Projects are not so appealing on a vehicle that I don’t ‘own’.

I’m considering leasing for two or three years, not because it might be buggy, but the industry is changing so fast who knows what might be available in 2023-24?

MBZ

But I certainly understand the point about the speed of change in EVs. Though I’ll probably be brand loyal for some time yet.

Last edited: