Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yes we know he did 9.2 in the 1/4 and I'm not here to dispute that. But I want to see other useful data to get an idea for the power curve and to compare to previous gen, but also repeated by other drivers and on the street, not just the track. 1/8th mile time, 0-60 time with 1' rollout number, 60 foot if possible - and repeatability? Good testing also does all of these things multiple times to get a nice average. I know someone's going to do all this proper stuff soon but I'd love to see it sooner if I can. It will be cool to see if someone manages to beat that 9.2 time at the track (I can definitely see it happening with some lighter wheels).

Reactions: byeLT4 and Drew-MS
I'm not sure how many people in Tesla's are driving in the middle of nowhere. They need internet connections. So if you want to listen to a certain station on XM radio, the app with an internet connection should suffice for the vast majority of people.
It's not just the middle of nowhere. I live in the Hollywood hills and you'd be surprised how poor cell phone reception is. Uber drivers go nuts around my house because they can't "begin" their ride share after pickup because there's no reception. XM, on the other hand, rarely ever cuts out in the same area.

One of the things I am really pleased about is how low the noise floor is, even without the active noise canceling. The "acoustic" glass helps, but I would guess they did some other things with the chassis. We also have a Model X P90D and agree I wish it were quieter.
Is the active noise cancelling always working or do I have to have sound turned on for music or whatever?

Plaid orderer from Dallas here. Still stuck on June. Has everyone that received a car at the event or that received a VIN had FSD? I think FSD has a long way to go, so did not order. I'm thinking that's a strike against me.
Dallas as well. Ordered in Jan. White/CF/21s/FSD. My dates been all over. As of now sitting on7/1-21. There’s no method to the madness.

There is no active noise cancelling. Tesla lied about that. They may add it through a software update in the future.
Time to file another class action lawsuit. PS It is not a "lie" if the owner's manual clearly states, "This feature may not be available at delivery."

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 4.06.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 4.06.57 PM.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 72
There is no active noise cancelling. Tesla lied about that. They may add it through a software update in the future.
Yeah apparently the microphones are in the front seats, but the software isn't enabled yet. In the future this should be valid from manual:

You can turn Active Noise Cancellation off, or you can choose to reduce the amount of noise heard only in the front of the rear of the cabin. Touch Controls > Safety > Active Noise Cancellation.

Seen lots of discussion on here that CF and/or white interior will likely result in delivery delay. Does anyone have thoughts about cream interior? My order is Blue/Cream/Wood/FSD, and delivery stays Blank. I know, lots of others' are blank, too, but maybe the cream is pushing it out, like white does/can?
Don’t know if this helps but I ordered a cream/carbon fiber interior and my delivery has bumped back and forth from June to June 23-30. Has been doing that for about a month, after being blank since February.

No, they didn’t. @lowtek is incorrect. The MCU has not been changed since 2019, SXM was standard equipment on all Model S. Up until now, in fact, the FM radio and XM have been on the same physical component, so either you had both or none. Of course there’s a chance that this has been changed for the refresh, but it’s in fact physically impossible with MCU2 to have FM but NOT have SXM. I think he’s confusing the revised MCU2 upgrade for people who paid the $2500 upgrade but didn’t get the radio module - Tesla eventually let you buy the radio board and have that installed separately for $500, but that was not for factory-delivered MCU2 Model S’s.

Not sure what this sentence means, but curious. Could you elaborate?

1) Yes UMC, 110V adaptor and J1772 adpator
6) Yes - same one from the Tesla store

I'll work on the rest
Thanks for your patience with all the questions. Will gladly buy you some beers and cheesesteaks if you are ever in the Philly area.

Hey @omarsultan . Can you drive for two hours and let us know how the yoke is for long drives.. then can you go the grocery store and fill up the trunk with groceries. Try half drygoods and half produce with three six packs of beer so I can see how it looks. Then accelerate to 53 MpH and see if battery life is affected with and without the groceries. Please do so while playing music, classic rock please, and meause how the sound compares at 53 MpH, 45mph and 31 mph. Meanwhile please fill the frunk with as many backpacks filled with books as you can and see if the rear screen can play you tube videos while the air system is growing strong. Also can you do three 360's in a row out of the autoshift position. Thanks!

Hey @omarsultan . Can you drive for two hours and let us know how the yoke is for long drives.. then can you go the grocery store and fill up the trunk with groceries. Try half drygoods and half produce with three six packs of beer so I can see how it looks. Then accelerate to 53 MpH and see if battery life is affected with and without the groceries. Please do so while playing music, classic rock please, and meause how the sound compares at 53 MpH, 45mph and 31 mph. Meanwhile please fill the frunk with as many backpacks filled with books as you can and see if the rear screen can play you tube videos while the air system is growing strong. Also can you do three 360's in a row out of the autoshift position. Thanks!
You forgot about dropping off the beers at my house 😆😆😆

Seriously! Omar is cool as hell and has been more than helpful. Surprised his wife hasn't put an end to this yet.