Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having a white interior, I can tell you hands down that it is an amazing colour. Glad I got it. Also probably helped me get the car super fast, as I didn't have a reservation and ordered some time in June then changed the day of the white interior release.
I went for the white not just for the looks (which are amazing) but the practicality too. White gets much less hot than black and when thats added with an Australian summer.
Same with black on the exterior, while it looks sleek its effectively an oven on a hot day. Which thanks to climate change which doesnt exist is getting worse every year.

I know I can cool down the car with the phone app but while and black make a pretty big difference in heat and dissipation of said heat.

Some may not want attention. I asked for the option of removing model badge on my current car for that reason. Take people who know what they are looking at to be able to tell what it is.

Asked Tesla if they had that option awhile ago. They said no but as the other poster said, it's just glued on so you can remove later (with heat, I guess).
I de-badged my WRX and STis back in the day. A bit of heat (be careful not to over heat the paint!) and some fishing line to cut the glue did the trick. Then goo remover to take the residue off. Keep the badges so that they can be reinstalled when you sell the car, otherwise it can affect resale.

Just a note about the range number. It is a number calculated from a fixed wh/km. In the US it is 310 miles on the AWD and Performance. The LR RWD is no longer available but shows 325 miles. It is not affected by how you drive but is affected by battery degradation and miscalibration of the BMS. If you want to see how your driving is affecting your remaining range, touch the App Launcher and then select the Energy app.

I de-badged my WRX and STis back in the day. A bit of heat (be careful not to over heat the paint!) and some fishing line to cut the glue did the trick. Then goo remover to take the residue off. Keep the badges so that they can be reinstalled when you sell the car, otherwise it can affect resale.
Now, do we know each other? Did you join the Vic WRX club at any point? I had an MY03 WRX. Kept it for six year till 2009. Skipped the STi and went for BMW 135i Coupe (when they said they wouldn't build the 1M :-( ).

We get DAB+ here too
If by that comment you mean there are DAB+ radio stations in Australia, then of course yes.

If by that comment you mean that Model 3 in Australia comes with a DAB+ radio, then you are contradicting everyone here who has posted that say it does not. The MotorTrend car reviewer specifically said it didn’t - presumably he asked Tesla that question and presumably Tesla Australia would know the correct answer. No-one has posted a photo of the Model 3 display showing a list of Australian capital city DAB+ radio stations. For example, in Sydney that would list DAB+ only stations such as ABC Grandstand, Coles Radio, Gorilla and Koori radio.

If you can post such a photo, then this issue will finally be put to rest! Thanks.

If by that comment you mean there are DAB+ radio stations in Australia, then of course yes.

If by that comment you mean that Model 3 in Australia comes with a DAB+ radio, then you are contradicting everyone here who has posted that say it does not. The MotorTrend car reviewer specifically said it didn’t - presumably he asked Tesla that question and presumably Tesla Australia would know the correct answer. No-one has posted a photo of the Model 3 display showing a list of Australian capital city DAB+ radio stations. For example, in Sydney that would list DAB+ only stations such as ABC Grandstand, Coles Radio, Gorilla and Koori radio.

If you can post such a photo, then this issue will finally be put to rest! Thanks.

Well, my car is at the detailer since this morning to get PPF installed. Will get it back in 3-4 days.

But I guarantee you that there's a DAB radio in mine; and no it's unrelated to Tune-In. The button shows as "Radio" in the bottom left corner.

You can scan, and even enter the frequency manually (which I found weird as that would make it FM too)

Reactions: Dave3333
ludicrous mode is just a one trick pony... it is like having to put your car into launchmode to get the promised acceleration.

Isn't it more like 'Sport' vs. 'Chill' acceleration settings? As in, switch into it and the software allows more power to be drawn from the battery for as long as you remain in that mode, whether you're accelerating from a standstill or not?