Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was reset from 5 (round 4) to zero, now counter is at 1 again, although I know that it should be 8 in total... but, with 86 days to go, there is still time to correct that? I'll just go for 12 this time, so the 10 will probably be safe;)

Did this happen today? That makes me feel a little better that it's a system problem and they're not targeting me directly.

The referrals get capped at the limit (10 in this case).. so how can you get to 12? Once you hit the limit, if someone tries using your link, they get a message like "xxx has reached the limit on their referrals" and no discount is offered.

with 12 I mean... i'll just try to get safely past 10 because somehow the number in mytesla never matches my excel file...
(maybe also targeting personally, I have had my troubles with using the credits as well;))

Of the 8 since start of round 4, I think that 6 were in round 4 (because number 6 was ordered incl. discount on July 15th), and they all got their discount... but mytesla only showed only 5. Maybe the cap is not the # of people that can use it, but the # of chances you'll have in the grand prize...? In round 5 I have 2 now (or 3 if #6 of 4 is counted in this round?) but mytesla shows 1...

So, my first priority now is making sure that the 5 of round 4 are confirmed, and then make sure I get 10+ this round but...
My overall priority is getting people into driving Tesla!:cool:

with 12 I mean... i'll just try to get safely past 10 because somehow the number in mytesla never matches my excel file...

I hear what you're saying, but the Tesla system doesn't ALLOW referrals past the limit. The buyers get an error message and no discount is allowed until they find a referral code that has not reached the limit.

I agree that there is some sloppiness around the deadlines and which orders have or have not confirmed, but still, once you hit the limit as far as the MyTesla page says, you can't get any more referrals.

Howdy Peeps! Well, I used a referral code of a kind member ( @GasKilla ) and so I wanted to offer my thoughts back to those that wanted to discuss my order and test drive experience and consider using my code: dustin9000
Thanks for using my code! I'm going to the gigafactory! Couldn't have done it without your help. Hopefully you found the user manual on your my tesla page and are reviewing it as I suggested.

Did this happen today? That makes me feel a little better that it's a system problem and they're not targeting me directly.

The referrals get capped at the limit (10 in this case).. so how can you get to 12? Once you hit the limit, if someone tries using your link, they get a message like "xxx has reached the limit on their referrals" and no discount is offered.
Happened to me, down to 1, which I know happened today because a friend called while ordering.

If one buys an Inventory car (executive /test drive ) from San Fransisco --picks it up at the factory - do you still pay the $1200 delivery charge? I could buy a plane ticket and enjoy the drive home - and get the car "tomorrow"
From my understanding, you don't pay the "destination" fee on inventory cars, only a "delivery" fee for transporting it to your nearest service center if it's really far away from the cars location.

Just noticed MyTesla shows 1 referral. I had 4 from the last program and that count showed until this morning making it look like an extension as mentioned in the official email from Tesla last week. But now it seems the count starts over I guess. Does anyone still show there count from last program with or without new referrals added to it?

Referral | Tesla or give code "jason6903" to Tesla sales before or after recent order

Glad it's not just me. Not glad that people are losing referrals and this seems like a hiccup in the referral program and it's unclear what Tesla is up to. Are referrals reset, or is it an extension?

Like @Reeler said, doesn't make sense to award TWO sets of wheels to the same people who get 5+ referrals. I could see it resetting if the 5+ prize was something different.

Someone from Tesla told me there would be an extension of the program.
But my referrals are reset so that leads to believe that it is a new program.
AND mytesla says: the program starts at July 18th.. so that too implies a new program.o_O
Not hearing anything from Tesla about the result from last round:eek:, suggests that the program is still going?:confused:
And the type of prizes suggest: lets give more people the opportunity to get those wheels, and the "fanatics";) can go for an invitation at the next event as well:confused:

Hard to decide what the best emotion is to describe this....

............................................................................................

Okay... I'll go with :confused::(:eek:

AND I do sincerely hope that this will turn to: :):cool::D

Reactions: HankLloydRight
image.png
Can someone screenshot what the counter looks like? Of course I have the number of days left, but I want to see how many you referred. Also, at what point does it become a referral? When they order or after the 7 days?

Reactions: BrandonR22
Can someone screenshot what the counter looks like?
Of course I have the number of days left, but I want to see how many you referred.
Also, at what point does it become a referral? When they order or after the 7 days?

Here is a screenshot of the current referral program. 7 Days to for the order to go firm.
Has anyone been contacted by Tesla for the gift award process for the last program?

upload_2016-7-23_13-9-18.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.