Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been contacted by Tesla for the gift award process for the last program?

On the webpage with current referral program details they say they'll inform current award earners the details around July 31st:

"Owners who won awards in the program that ended July 15, 2016 will receive email instructions after the Model X drawing on or around July 31. Owners who won invitations to the Gigafactory opening event have already been contacted."

On the webpage with current referral program details they say they'll inform current award earners the details around July 31st:

"Owners who won awards in the program that ended July 15, 2016 will receive email instructions after the Model X drawing on or around July 31. Owners who won invitations to the Gigafactory opening event have already been contacted."

Thanks. I received the Gigafactory invitation so I will just have to be patient until July 31 on the other awards ... :cool:

I also noticed this statement ... "Discounts to owners from previous programs will expire on December 31, 2016". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
for my own protection, given the recent apparent hiccups in the referral program databases (see posts by some members losing Gigafactory invites from this current as well as past programs, service credits, etc), I've started taking daily screen caps of my referral counter, showing the number of days remaining as a proxy for when the referral became a 'solid' referral. For example, my last referral was July 15th, so I'd presume any still showing on my counter today (July 23) are all one week old or older (thus presumably confirmed orders, albeit not actually 'delivered' cars).

Yes, this can be easily photoshopped but I figure it's quite reasonable proof.

I recognize the program states "delivered" car as the gold standard, so there's still a potential to lose the credit. For the Gigafactory invite on this round, though, most won't have had the car delivered before the event next week, so it seems that tesla is awarding the tours now.

Last edited:
for my own protection, given the recent apparent hiccups in the referral program databases (see posts by some members losing Gigafactory invites from this current as well as past programs, service credits, etc), I've started taking daily screen caps of my referral counter, showing the number of days remaining as a proxy for when the referral became a 'solid' referral. For example, my last referral was July 15th, so I'd presume any still showing on my counter today (July 23) are all one week old or older (thus presumably confirmed orders, albeit not actually 'delivered' cars).

Yes, this can be easily photoshopped but I figure it's quite reasonable proof.

I recognize the program states "delivered" car as the gold standard, so there's still a potential to lose the credit. For the Gigafactory invite on this round, though, most won't have had the car delivered before the event next week, so it seems that tesla is awarding the tours now.
I was told by my OA that it's very rare for an order to be cancelled, so I wouldn't worry too much about that situation.

6 seems odd, since the last program was limited to 5 (wasn't it?) I have been at 5 since it started and before so I think somebody hasn't pushed the right buttons to archive the old and start up the new. I'll keep watching.

Mine was 5 until the rolled over the program - and then it went to 6. And now it's gone back to 1 :(. No reply from Tesla yet. Bummer!

I was at 4 on July 18, presumably meaning I was at 4 July 15 as evidenced by my email request for Gigafactory invite being quickly approved. Then on July 23 I see 1 referral remaining the same today. I am hoping someone else hears back what is up, but it sort of looks like you see your old total until you get a new referral, maybe, but then I see some got reset to 0, so maybe not.

I was hoping for the wheels if this was an extension program, but it seems it is not to be. However, If these prizes, wheels especially, end up triggering tax on $6000 value, then I would just as well skip the wheels. I am not even sure these wheels will fit a Model X.

Reactions: e-FTW
I was at 4 on July 18, presumably meaning I was at 4 July 15 as evidenced by my email request for Gigafactory invite being quickly approved. Then on July 23 I see 1 referral remaining the same today. I am hoping someone else hears back what is up, but it sort of looks like you see your old total until you get a new referral, maybe, but then I see some got reset to 0, so maybe not.

I was hoping for the wheels if this was an extension program, but it seems it is not to be. However, If these prizes, wheels especially, end up triggering tax on $6000 value, then I would just as well skip the wheels. I am not even sure these wheels will fit a Model X.

How are you guys getting so many referrals? Is it just friends you know? I'd like to get 2 just to earn some tesla gear.

Reactions: BrandonR22
Status
Not open for further replies.