Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my five referrals from the previous referral program has their order delayed till march/April for a Model S because he wanted Grey leather seats. He ordered July 11th. He is considering to cancel his order. Not only would that deprive me of my 5th referral and the wheels, but also makes my impression of tesla being a great company who go out of their way for customers satisfaction untrue. Any advice what should I do or talk to ?

One of my five referrals from the previous referral program has their order delayed till march/April for a Model S because he wanted Grey leather seats. He ordered July 11th. He is considering to cancel his order. Not only would that deprive me of my 5th referral and the wheels, but also makes my impression of tesla being a great company who go out of their way for customers satisfaction untrue. Any advice what should I do or talk to ?

"Deprive" sounds a little strong for wheels that you didn't actually win unless you met all the rules of the program, which clearly stated that they have to take delivery of the vehicle. While a 1-year delay in delivery due to choosing seats does sound ridiculous, I find it hard to believe that Tesla can do anything about it, or they would have. They know they're going to potentially lose sales because of this.

My advice on what you should do or who you should talk to, is talk to your friend and tell him to pick a different seat color. Or tell him to wait it out and that it's worth it and he may have some newer features by then, too.

Anyone knows if the Arachnid wheels will fit on the Model X with bigger tires? I'll leave Model S for X and want to use those rims :)

I won a set when I only owned a Model X so I have the same question. The order page sized them for the Model S is my recollection.

Yes, the wheels will definitely fit on the Model X :cool:
As previously discussed, you may want taller sidewall tires on the SUV...or shorter for improved performance/handling.
Either way, the forged Arachnid wheels will be lighter and stronger than the OEM cast wheels on both the Model S and X.

21″ Arachnid Wheel
upload_2016-9-26_22-57-7.png

Size: 21X8.5″ front, 21X9.0″ rear.
Offset: +40 front, +40 rear
PCD: 5X120
Center Bore: 64.1mm
Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft.
Price: $ 7,600.00
Details: This wheel is not available when ordering a Tesla Model S.
It can be ordered as a wheel and tire package for the price above from the Tesla store.

If anyone is looking for a referral code, especially if you're in Colorado, feel free to use mine: http://ts.la/chaz5403 if you have any questions or concerns about Tesla ownership, please feel free to drop me a line - I can't stop talking about this amazing vehicle!

EDIT: Plus, just for letting me ramble, YOU'LL get your choice of Tesla Hot Wheels or Matchbox in any color available (I have them all!) ;)

Just PM me if you're interested. Good luck!
IMG_0876.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.