Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful, the terms of the program prohibit paying for referrals. When there was the first program, you basically had to give the owner's referral money to the buyer to get any referrals and it was a mess.

To be honest, that was only towards the end of the first round when it got really competitive and a few people were offering $500 of their $1000 bounty for a referral. I really think that was the rare exception much more then the rule.

Fast forward a year later, and I really don't think offering a Matchbox toy car in exchange for a referral is really out of bounds, especially since the owners doing the referral no longer receive a direct cash benefit or service credit.

That being said, I'll offer TWO Matcheboxes for anyone that wants to use my referral code.

<that was a joke for the sarcasm impaired>

Reactions: Chaz
Be careful, the terms of the program prohibit paying for referrals. When there was the first program, you basically had to give the owner's referral money to the buyer to get any referrals and it was a mess.

Please ... be careful! :eek:

To be honest, that was only towards the end of the first round when it got really competitive and a few people were offering $500 of their $1000 bounty for a referral. I really think that was the rare exception much more then the rule.

Fast forward a year later, and I really don't think offering a Matchbox toy car in exchange for a referral is really out of bounds, especially since the owners doing the referral no longer receive a direct cash benefit or service credit. That being said, I'll offer TWO Matcheboxes for anyone that wants to use my referral code. <that was a joke for the sarcasm impaired>

I see your 2 matchbox and raise you 1 for a total of 3! :cool:

upload_2016-9-30_18-48-2.png

Fast forward a year later, and I really don't think offering a Matchbox toy car in exchange for a referral is really out of bounds, especially since the owners doing the referral no longer receive a direct cash benefit or service credit.

That being said, I'll offer TWO Matcheboxes for anyone that wants to use my referral code.

<that was a joke for the sarcasm impaired>
I'd wager you are already maxed out with 10 referals. Are you still posting referral links on your website or did Tesla slap your wrist on that?

And if anyone would like to use my referal link I'd be very happy about that, plus I have plenty of referals left for anyone who needs a link, no concern about me hitting the limit http://ts.la/tom9993

I'd wager you are already maxed out with 10 referals. Are you still posting referral links on your website or did Tesla slap your wrist on that?

Yup, I hit the limit early on and have been posting other people's links since. Why would Tesla care? A lot of people have links posted everywhere online. It generates business and helps sell more cars.

P.s. Please don't email me your links. I already have a list I'm using until the end of the program. Thanks.

In all fairness, I give them to EVERYONE, referral or not. It helps ease my guilt when I yap for an hour (or more) on how great this car is! :D
I can vouch for @Chaz giving out cars to everyone. We met him handing out cars while waiting for the valet at the Tesla event in Avon, Colorado a few weeks ago. It wasn't until after we got home and looked at the car that we realized he didn't work for Tesla! Lol. Thanks! I know he got a referral or two. ;)

Reactions: Chaz
Yup, I hit the limit early on and have been posting other people's links since. Why would Tesla care? A lot of people have links posted everywhere online. It generates business and helps sell more cars.

P.s. Please don't email me your links. I already have a list I'm using until the end of the program. Thanks.
I thought you had a concern that tesla might care when the new program started because your totals reset to "0". Anyway I hope I'm on the list your are using ;)

Ok, I will not provide any toy cars, I can promise an enormous wave of gratitude will be sent in your direction for using this code:

http://ts.la/john9342

I will also vow to give $20 to the mendicant gentleman that stands on 5th in downtown Nashville. If I get two, I'll make it $50. Three, I'll make it $100. I'll take a pic and post it here. :)

Also, if you have any questions on configuration, options, or general information, feel free to message me. This is the most amazing car in the world...enjoy.

Reactions: e-FTW
Well, I guess I should have added my Referral Code to the Blog I wrote:

"How I Used & Abused My Tesla - 100,000 Miles, a 48 State Road Trip, 500 Uber Rides, 20 Rentals and 2 AirBnB Sleepovers" that Elon tweeted out that got 700K views....but I didn't want to it to seem like that's why I wrote the article...as it wasn't, it was to help educate.

That said, it sure would be nice to get to 5 referrals (I'm at 3 now) to win some cool tires! Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'm happy to answer any questions about the long term TCO for anyone considering a Tesla!

Last edited:
Reactions: Saxena
Status
Not open for further replies.