Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Secret Level 2 supposed to be open by the 15th? I wonder if they only count if "delivered"
The referral program page has had this message for a while: Program structure and awards including the Semi Unveil Invitation may be updated on or after August 15, 2017.

I know of at least two people who have been maxed out on referrals for ~3 weeks and already have over 5 deliveries. I suppose it's possible they are waiting for the entire 10 referrals to be delivered before unlocking the next level. Hopefully that's not the case! The first secret level showed up unexpectedly so maybe it will be the same with the second secret level. :eek:

What happens if I reach 5 referrals? Does someone who then tries to use the code (for a 6th time) not get the $1000 savings and free supercharging?
They should get a message indicating you don't have any referrals left. They would then need to use a different referral code in order to receive the discount and free supercharging.

Last edited:
Reactions: nasatech
They should get a message indicating you don't have any referrals left. They would then need to use a different referral code in order to receive the discount and free supercharging.

Thanks. Some pages back, I had seen references to Tesla eventually unlocking another set of 5. Will they email me when that is available? And would referrals 6 and beyond only get lottery entries, or also something else?

Thanks. Some pages back, I had seen references to Tesla eventually unlocking another set of 5. Will they email me when that is available? And would referrals 6 and beyond only get lottery entries, or also something else?
I don't know exactly how it happened but many of us "unlocked" secret level 1 after receiving the first 5 referrals. There was no email sent but you can see the loot box in the Tesla app which shows you've unlocked the secret level. Once the first secret level was unlocked it allowed us to get another set of 5 referrals. I don't think anyone knows what happens after that as many have been waiting to unlock secret level 2 for weeks. Those who use the secret level referrals still get the same referral discount and free supercharging.

My loot box has disappeared. Several of my friends have noticed this too..... Either it's running super slow or updating!

Update: finally got a box, but then got this message. Then box disappeared again. Something is going on. It could be updating.

Screenshot_20170817-163902.png

Thanks Erik

I'm still waiting on a simple Tesla luggage bag from a referral program that ended in Dec 2016, and the 2 qualifying vehicles delivered before the end of 2016... After 8 months, I finally emailed Tesla to see what's up - they said production delays, yada yada yada, and I'd have it in 10 days...Of course, 3 weeks later, still no sign of that referral prize (but Tesla did get the 250k for the cars).

Honestly, it's not really about the gift - it's just the immense frustration, that in addition to AP2 issues, Elon's misleading tweets, and other various customer service "faux pax", it would have been nice for Tesla to at least follow through on a promised reward in a timely manner (i.e. 8-10 weeks like most rebate programs), or if they couldn't source the gift, substitute something else to keep loyal, referring customers happy. Very disheartening that something so simple still seems so complex for a tech company like Tesla , with the intent of the referral program backfiring for no good reason

Hey, Mr. Musk, how about sending me some wheels instead ??? Fat chance, lol...

How long after a referred car has been delivered do you get your award? I have a radio flyer w/ my name on it, but haven't yet heard from Tesla. Thanks.

My first referral took delivery on 5/27/17. Email to order the radio flyer came on 6/29/17. Ordered the toy on 6/30/17 and is scheduled to ship the first week of October.

Second referral took delivery on 6/30/17. Email about the solar roof being available once installs begin in my area came on 8/8/17.

My third referral actually took delivery on 6/20/17 because they found a local inventory model so it was like 2 days from order to delivery. Anxiously awaiting any information on the rims.

Reactions: icculus and Reekdog
I don't know exactly how it happened but many of us "unlocked" secret level 1 after receiving the first 5 referrals. There was no email sent but you can see the loot box in the Tesla app which shows you've unlocked the secret level. Once the first secret level was unlocked it allowed us to get another set of 5 referrals. I don't think anyone knows what happens after that as many have been waiting to unlock secret level 2 for weeks. Those who use the secret level referrals still get the same referral discount and free supercharging.

Do all 5 of your referrals need to take delivery before the Secret Level 1 is unlocked? Or once all 5 are referred you should automatically be granted another 5 referrals?

My first referral took delivery on 5/27/17. Email to order the radio flyer came on 6/29/17. Ordered the toy on 6/30/17 and is scheduled to ship the first week of October.

Second referral took delivery on 6/30/17. Email about the solar roof being available once installs begin in my area came on 8/8/17.

My third referral actually took delivery on 6/20/17 because they found a local inventory model so it was like 2 days from order to delivery. Anxiously awaiting any information on the rims.
Please post here when you find out about the rims. I'd like to know if it's only the arachnid wheels or do you also get tires and TPMS as well.

Reactions: Mokuzai
Do all 5 of your referrals need to take delivery before the Secret Level 1 is unlocked? Or once all 5 are referred you should automatically be granted another 5 referrals?
No. I unlocked the first secret level in the middle of July but didn't have five deliveries until early August. I don't know how long it took before the secret level was unlocked or if there were some other criteria that were met.

Status
Not open for further replies.