Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C98668D2-305A-4C4E-A536-32F5DEEDF28A.jpeg

For a second I thought I warned my first referral...turned out be a false alarm...just advertising the new program I guess

@Doug_G, So its cool to post our code over and over again?
No... but these things are policed on a complaint basis. So I'll send a warning.

So if other people are annoyed at people like syswei spamming this thread over and over...
in the lower left corner of each post is a "REPORT" button, this will alert the Mod's here to the offenders.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
View attachment 250821
For a second I thought I warned my first referral...turned out be a false alarm...just advertising the new program I guess
I thought I had also, and that’s sorta hard in Virginia... we all had seen the emails and news on the new program. Guess they are spamming everyone to get the news out! (And we would have gotten a ‘contract’ notification which is Flyer or HPWC first....).

Thanks, Tesla!

(I assume physically in Virginia and Ohio, no one can actually use codes for us? Or does smoke come out if you try to? :D)

I got screwed by Tesla at the Walt Whitman Mall in Huntington, NY. My friend finally ordered a Tesla on my recommendation. He gave them my code but they used someone else's and said they entered the wrong code accidentally (even though he physically showed them my code). BS. They intentionally used another code. I have heard rumors that some are in cahoots with the sales people and the use their codes to boost their referrals. The store will not correct the "error" as they say it cannot be changed once entered. Also they promised an early December delivery and now the car is coming in sometime in Jan which really screws him because he needed the tax credit for 2017. So now I look like an ass because his Tesla experience already sucks and I got screwed out my referral.

I got screwed by Tesla at the Walt Whitman Mall in Huntington, NY. My friend finally ordered a Tesla on my recommendation. He gave them my code but they used someone else's and said they entered the wrong code accidentally (even though he physically showed them my code). BS. They intentionally used another code. I have heard rumors that some are in cahoots with the sales people and the use their codes to boost their referrals. The store will not correct the "error" as they say it cannot be changed once entered. Also they promised an early December delivery and now the car is coming in sometime in Jan which really screws him because he needed the tax credit for 2017. So now I look like an ass because his Tesla experience already sucks and I got screwed out my referral.
The salesperson can change the code after it's been entered. I'd escalate to the regional manager.

I think your code is valid, and can be used for the full purchase benefits (free unlimited supercharging and through October 31, 2017, $1,000 off), you just can't receive a benefit from a new purchaser using it.
Good point, thanks! I also assume at some point in the process I’d get a note saying, sorry, we can’t send you anything. :(

So sorry to hear!

Was it an S or X? I want to get an X in 2017 for tax reasons too but don't want to risk a delay to 2018.

Reactions: Freedom101
So sorry to hear!

Was it an S or X? I want to get an X in 2017 for tax reasons too but don't want to risk a delay to 2018.
My wife and I both purchased inventory vehicles last year and received them within a month of ordering. Not to mention the discounts that we received because they were inventory vehicles. They only had @ 100 miles between the both of them and still qualified for the tax credit.

As Bonnie suggested, you should have more success if you go up the ladder.

OT, Sort of sad there's a mall named after after Walt Whitman.

Status
Not open for further replies.