Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting. I've got to really work on getting my 4th referral before the end of the month now, as I really want that power wall. I thought I had until the end of the year...

So if I hadn't received the solar token yet under the current program's previous wording, does that mean I might be able to get the black charger instead? I sure need one.

Last edited:
The Owners tab is the only tab that shows actual owners. It isn't for the entire country though so maybe it is by ZIP code? I'm not certain.

The Owner leaderboard is a bit odd. The map changes to an area that is local to me...but it is sorta zoomed in on the Six Flags theme park area where there's no homes or roads. It shows 5 people (including me) with me at the top. Seems to be sorted on # of Referrals then alphabetical by owner referral code. I guess it's possible that there are only 5 in my zip code that have referrals? Seems low...anybody seeing more people in the list?

Maybe i can sleep with an OA ROFLMAO...

I also think I could get a good number of referrals if they included CPOs in the referral program. Even if you got a half credit for a CPO it would be exponentially easier to drum up future owners willing to buy used. These same people (once they drive the cars) will likely be owners for life and buy other Teslas in the coming years... so doesn't that achieve the same goal? I know so many people that ask me to help them find used Tesla's because they have a budget of 50K or 60K.... I think getting these people to take the ownership plunge is equally as valuable in the short and long term... Elon are you listening?.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Look at that. The app already updated with the solar info.
Screenshot_20170928-150812.png

Kinda funny-- just yesterday I referred my parents to SolarCity for a solar quote... at the time, the referral bonus was $200.

Then today with the referral program consolidation/transition to Tesla Energy, the referral award is now $400! And it's based on when they sign a contract, not original referral date. Woo hoo! (although I'll likely just give it back to my parents anyway, still a good deal).

I think people are misunderstanding this new program. Your referrals are not retroactive for the new program. You start with zero referrals for this new program, even if you have referrals from the program started May 19 but will keep your old referrals for the old program.
For example, I have 3 referrals before today and already won one a Model S for Kids for first referral, Solar Token for second referral and Arachnid Wheels for third referral. Now if I get a new referral I will qualify for the 1st referral in the new program (Wall Connector or Model S for Kids). And I think I should also qualify for my 4th referral under the May thru Dec program get a Powerwall 2.
Does that sound logical to you? I need to call Tesla to confirm, but that is the way the last overlapping program worked. My referral code is here in case anyone needs one.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlatSix911
Status
Not open for further replies.