Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I received this email today:

Screenshot_20171215-073129.png

Seems like I have to choose now when I click "here". Either or but I'm not sure what I can apply the credit to. You could interpret it as any purchase from Tesla or your next Tesla vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: ModelX
ms like I have to choose now when I click "here". Either or but I'm not sure what I can apply the credit to. You could interpret it as any purchase from Tesla or your next Tesla vehicle.

I'd suggest emailing [email protected] and ask. Please report back what you find!

BTW, that's about USD$6000 converted. I'll have to inquire about that.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
See, I think that's accurate. Did you "see the email" they sent for you to select the award (I'm guessing the Radio-Flyer)? It's not Tesla's job to keep track of who Radio Flyer shipped to and when. They sent the email for you to claim the award. Job done.

So they don't track if the code they provide was used or not and whether it was fulfilled? So the referral prize in your view is the code and not the car?

So they don't track if the code they provide was used or not and whether it was fulfilled? So the referral prize in your view is the code and not the car?

Once you get the code, it's your responsibility to claim it, and Radio-Flyer's responsibility to deliver it. It would require a system of tracking the voucher codes and delivery status back-fed to Tesla to update the status on Tesla's end. So yeah, delivering the voucher code to you, IMHO, is sufficient to call the award delivered. The rest is on you and Radio Flyer.

The important part of the new page is to inform people of what awards they've qualified for, and secondarily, the delivery status. This page will probably cut down the support emails by 90% ("Did I qualify for the wheels, and when can I get them?").

Reactions: DÆrik
Once you get the code, it's your responsibility to claim it, and Radio-Flyer's responsibility to deliver it. It would require a system of tracking the voucher codes and delivery status back-fed to Tesla to update the status on Tesla's end. So yeah, delivering the voucher code to you, IMHO, is sufficient to call the award delivered. The rest is on you and Radio Flyer.

The important part of the new page is to inform people of what awards they've qualified for, and secondarily, the delivery status. This page will probably cut down the support emails by 90% ("Did I qualify for the wheels, and when can I get them?").

OK a few points; first Telsa's responsibility does not end with sending you a referral code; the prize they have offered in return for you referring their product is the car. Just because they decided to outsource the provision of the prize does not alleviate them of the responsibility for ensuring their obligation to you as the referrer is met. A system tracking what they need to do to make sure they meet their commitments is really not of interest, but, tracking suppliers that provide "drop shipping" for customer ordered products along with shipping data is a standard for any company with this type of supply chain model. But you are probably right, why should Tesla worry about meeting the commitment they made, they sent you a coupon, so .....

Second; the entire referral process is only has a lot of support required because it is run so poorly. I ordered 22" rims for my X, a signature series HPWC and a Founders Series PW II on the 28th of November. Yesterday I get 2 separate emails from Tesla, 2 weeks later acknowledging my selection of the wheels and HPWC.

I realize many people treat these referral "prizes" as free stuff Tesla gives out that we are lucky to get and if it is not run properly, hey, it's free stuff, so no one should ever complain. The truth is this is a marketing relationship with agreed terms and those who have provided referrals where their referral customers have taken delivery have fulfilled their commitment and obligation under the agreement. WHy shouldn't I hold Telsa to the same standard under the agreement?

I'm not saying don't complain.. but seriously, you're complaining about something so seriously insignificant -- the shipping/delivery status of an outsourced award. How far should Tesla take it? Should I get UPS tracking for the package in the Tesla App also? An app notification when the item is delivered? If you want that information, go ask Radio-Flyer. Tesla is under NO obligation to provide you with third-party tracking information.

I believe in choosing my battles. I refuse to complain or make issues of things that are so freaking insignificant, and save my complaints for the big things that really, actually, matter.

WHy shouldn't I hold Telsa to the same standard under the agreement?

They absolutely are fulfilling their commitment. You're complaining about TRACKING THE DELIVERY of the award. There's actually a difference.

does not alleviate them of the responsibility for ensuring their obligation to you as the referrer is met. A
. But you are probably right, why should Tesla worry about meeting the commitment they made, they sent you a coupon, so

That's not what I said. They ARE meeting their commitment of taking the steps to get you award, and those awards ARE being delivered to all qualified award winners. They ARE meeting their obligation in that respect. They are NOT obligated to tell you anything beyond that. If they are, show me where in the "marketing relationship with agreed terms" it says that. They are NOT obligated on giving you minute-by-minute tracking of the award delivery. They are NOT obligated to providing you any information in the Tesla App. The fact that they opted to give us more information than we had before is a good thing. Now you're upset that the data, that they are NOT obligated to give us, is not up to YOUR standards? As I would say to my kids, "fine, then you get nothing at all."

I'm not saying don't complain.. but seriously, you're complaining about something so seriously insignificant -- the shipping/delivery status of an outsourced award. How far should Tesla take it? Should I get UPS tracking for the package in the Tesla App also? An app notification when the item is delivered? If you want that information, go ask Radio-Flyer. Tesla is under NO obligation to provide you with third-party tracking information.

I believe in choosing my battles. I refuse to complain or make issues of things that are so freaking insignificant, and save my complaints for the big things that really, actually, matter.

They absolutely are fulfilling their commitment. You're complaining about TRACKING THE DELIVERY of the award. There's actually a difference.

That's not what I said. They ARE meeting their commitment of taking the steps to get you award, and those awards ARE being delivered to all qualified award winners. They ARE meeting their obligation in that respect. They are NOT obligated to tell you anything beyond that. If they are, show me where in the "marketing relationship with agreed terms" it says that. They are NOT obligated on giving you minute-by-minute tracking of the award delivery. They are NOT obligated to providing you any information in the Tesla App. The fact that they opted to give us more information than we had before is a good thing. Now you're upset that the data, that they are NOT obligated to give us, is not up to YOUR standards? As I would say to my kids, "fine, then you get nothing at all."

Uh, you may want to scroll back a look at what I actually posted... I said the information they provided in the app was inaccurate as I had already received one of the awards already, while the status, instead of saying "Received", or "Completed" says to "See the email to Select the Award". I said nothing about providing tracking information or anything like that. Once you decided you wanted to give your insight and define what "systems" a company would need to be able to discern if they had delivered what they promised, I simply added that other companies do, and that it is quite common.

Interesting for someone who believes in choosing their battles and refuses to complain or make issues about things that are so "freaking" insignificant, you seem to not mind spending your time defending Tesla and the inaccuracies in their App.

To answer your question regarding the program and the terms; Tesla posts the terms of the agreement here: Referral Program

Clearly their obligation is to provide the award, and they even refer to shipping in the award definitions. There is no such thing as "taking steps" in the sense of mitigation to ensure you receive a promised award, they must provide the award, it's that simple. Ask any attorney.

All that being said, I have tired of debating why Tesla cannot simply put the correct status for an award if they are going to bother having a Status in the App at all. It's all part of the Tesla experience as far as I can tell, over promise, under deliver, have people defend how great you are for doing anything, rinse, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.