Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To anyone who is interested in using my link. I will be following Bjorn's idea. All further referral credits I get, I will be purchasing CHAdeMO Adapters, and placing them at locations and having them available for free loan to travelers. I will be placing the first one on "Permanent Loan" at Marshall Auto Body in Waukesha, WI. They have a 80 Amp HPWC, 70 Amp J1772, and a CHAdeMO/Combo Station at 50 kWh. And a 70kW Solar Array. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marshall-Auto-Body/112599232109729

http://ts.la/christopher5460
I am picking up the first 2 adapters tomorrow when I get my car back from the service center, and will be ordering 2 more every $1000 in referral credits I get.

Kudos, Kman, glad you've joined the Destination CHAdeMO Movement! (To recap, it was SW2Fiddler initially, then Bjørn, now another of my YouTube favorite subscriptions KmanAuto) ...I feel that Adaptors at CHAdeMO Stations beats adaptors locked in Frunks.

It's all good... Please use Kman's link above, or get Bjørn's from his YouTube channel (or PM me for mine - so I know who's who), and let's add some Tesla Flavor to DC Quick Chargers across the globe!

Charge On!

Rick

How do you know if someone's used your referral link? Do you get an email from Tesla? Or does it show up in your my.teslamotors.com dashboard?

Great question!
Orders show up on your dashboard, you see "Days remaining" (in the promotion), "# of Orders" and "Tesla Credit" - some of the Credit is (Pending) until the buyer's deposit becomes non-refundable.
But you never get to see the info of WHO ordered to give you that credit. Maybe you could find that out by talking to someone at Tesla...

Last edited:
I just need one more referral to get the invite to the party (which is really all I want). VA resident.. So you get the normal 1k plus another 1k since I'm ineligible to receive compensation.

Model S Design Studio | Tesla Motors

Happy to answer any q's on my Tesla experience to help someone with their purchasing decision.

That's awesome!

For anyone shopping for someone in VA to answer their questions, andrewket is certainly an excellent source of information! You can't go wrong giving him your referral, and seeking his help with some Tesla questions.

I just need one more referral to get the invite to the party (which is really all I want). VA resident.. So you get the normal 1k plus another 1k since I'm ineligible to receive compensation.

Model S Design Studio | Tesla Motors

Happy to answer any q's on my Tesla experience to help someone with their purchasing decision.

I might be able to help you out. But I still need to clear up the policy on this with Tesla. I inquired about using a referral code and was told that it can't be used by "current owners." This can't be true. I mean, I understand that I can't use my own code, but surely I could use someone else's.. right?

I might be able to help you out. But I still need to clear up the policy on this with Tesla. I inquired about using a referral code and was told that it can't be used by "current owners." This can't be true. I mean, I understand that I can't use my own code, but surely I could use someone else's.. right?

It can be used by current owners. I have a friend who upgraded from a P85+ to a P90D and used a referral successfully (unfortunately not mine!)

If Tesla does want to bust chops over the specifics of this, could you get creative, and involve your spouse, assuming you are married? For example, if your current Tesla is only in your name, could you possibly buy the Tesla you are about to purchase in her name? I would expect it's not difficult to then transfer title to joint ownership sometime later, though I don't know that for a fact.

Anyway...just some thoughts.

Great question!
Orders show up on your dashboard, you see "Days remaining" (in the promotion), "# of Orders" and "Tesla Credit" - some of the Credit is (Pending) until the buyer's deposit becomes non-refundable.
But you never get to see the info of WHO ordered to give you that credit. Maybe you could find that out by talking to someone at Tesla...

Hmm, I just looked, to give the link to a friend, and it has disappeared from the "my tesla" dashboard page.

Hi from Norway here :)

I am just missing 2 referral to get the invite to the Gigafactory Grand Opening Party[FONT=HeiS ASC Simplified Chinese, HeiS ASC Simplified Chinese_n5, HelveticaNeue-Regular, Helvetica Neue Regular, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica][/FONT]:smile:

I already have enough credit for service/equipment , so this is all about the invitation. I really really want to go to US and the opening.

So please use my referral link : http://ts.la/rasmusmorten4466

Have a really nice Tesla day. Will of course gladly answer any questions regarding my Tesla S85D ( 3 monthhs old) , with almost all equipment , Next Gen seats front/back. Just installed the spoiler on the trunk.

Regards

So quick question on the referral credit usable for "service". I bought the annual pre-paid service plan, so I don't have to pay for that out of pocket. I know people can upgrade to LTE for approx $500. And assuming a car is still under warranty, what *other* things would/could people use the referral credit for at a service center (also excluding accessories or parts)?

I know people can upgrade to LTE for approx $500. And assuming a car is still under warranty, what *other* things would/could people use the referral credit for at a service center (also excluding accessories or parts)?
Alignment, I suppose. Or a very fancy $75 tire rotation. Tires, or do they count as Parts?
Extra air pump kits, since they will work on any car. (Pick some up for holiday gift season... It's Tesla Branded!)
Touch-up paint... Ah but that's another Accessory.

I've left the SC with CHAdeMO adapters, but they all got shipped to referrers or donation destinations.

The credit is good thru December, so save some in case another Upgrade is announced. You heard about this X that's coming out, right? :) Could be more trickle-down tech coming for the S, for a price...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.