Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize Pete decided to allow people to post their referral links. I guess I'm late to the game.

I'm a VA resident, so anyone who wants to use this will get the full 2k instead of 1k off. I just want to get to five to attend the party. I'm happy to answer any questions about my Tesla experience.

Model S Design Studio | Tesla Motors

Andrew

I'll be using this tonight. Thank you!

New letter from Elon:
FooterImage1

September 2, 2015
As you know, the Model S referral program was designed as an experiment, and so far it seems to be working. So, we’ve decided to remove the 10-referral limit. From now until the end of the program, you can refer as many friends as you’d like. Your link will continue to work until October 31st. What’s more, we’ve added an additional reward: the customer who makes the most referrals by the end of October will be invited to swap their current Model S for a fully loaded Ludicrous P90D Model S, for free. All other terms of the program remain unchanged.
Elon

10 referrals limit seems to be lifted.

On reddit somebody posted this quote from a Tesla email (source):

September 2, 2015

As you know, the Model S referral program was designed as an experiment, and so far it seems to be working. So, we’ve decided to remove the 10-referral limit. From now until the end of the program, you can refer as many friends as you’d like. Your link will continue to work until October 31st. What’s more, we’ve added an additional reward: the customer who makes the most referrals by the end of October will be invited to swap their current Model S for a fully loaded Ludicrous P90D Model S, for free. All other terms of the program remain unchanged.
Elon

I just checked and Bjorn's code works again.

Roadster owners who referred someone else to buy a Roadster ... led to folks donating the HPWCs that eventually formed the network of HPWCs in the West Coast that enabled longer distance travel...

So, for those that don't want to use the accessory credit/service credit or whatever, you can always do something like that.
Done did it!
Rouses Market* in New Orleans (scootched in between the Lake Charles and Mobile Superchargers) now has a CHAdeMO Tesla Adapter to go with their freely usable Public DC Fast Charger.

This is thanks to Tesla's referral credit program.

I've gotten a second referral, the day I shipped that adapter out, and am trying to find an equally deserving host for a Destination CHAdeMO.

*Plugshare: Rouses Market http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/44919

Done did it!
Rouses Market* in New Orleans (scootched in between the Lake Charles and Mobile Superchargers) now has a CHAdeMO Tesla Adapter to go with their freely usable Public DC Fast Charger.

This is thanks to Tesla's referral credit program.

I've gotten a second referral, the day I shipped that adapter out, and am trying to find an equally deserving host for a Destination CHAdeMO.

*Plugshare: Rouses Market
http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/44919

Great job @sw2fiddler!

Saw that one coming. There have been some pretty shady plays to get an X.

I know of one person who literally redirected the home page on all the computers in a Tesla store to bring up his referral link. Didn't work - and was pretty uncool, def not in keeping with the intent of the program. Same with people hanging out at stores.

Tesla (or maybe just Elon Musk) seems to have a blindspot when it comes to just how scummy people can be. They fell into the same trap with the Superchargers when locals started spamming them for the free power.

Tesla (or maybe just Elon Musk) seems to have a blindspot when it comes to just how scummy people can be. They fell into the same trap with the Superchargers when locals started spamming them for the free power.

The good news is Elon and others making decisions at Tesla are probably fundamentally honest people. The bad news is, they don't realize how a few people will cut every corner they can to get an advantage. And it only takes a few to cause a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.